• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I get that people may prefer Emery (and Monchi) but still think Koeman would be a great appointment. Southampton are a very good team - he's done better than Pottechino had league wise and look what Pottechino's done with Spurs. Koeman has signed some quality players and seems to give the younger lads a chance. His teams play decent football too.

I'm happy either way. Either appointment would excite me.

I get that people may prefer Emery (and Monchi) but still think Koeman would be a great appointment. Southampton are a very good team - he's done better than Pottechino had league wise and look what Pottechino's done with Spurs. Koeman has signed some quality players and seems to give the younger lads a chance. His teams play decent football too.

spot on, my top three are emery, pelligrini and koeman. think any of them would do well to steady the ship and bring back european nights.

Koeman doesn't sign the players for Southampton. Their success seems to be down more to their structure, given the fact they did well in recruiting before Koeman arrived as well.

Edited by Steve_E

The players sold have turned out shit elsewhere. Lallana, Loven, Sneiderlein, Clyne..... Hardly setting the world a light are they. Not saying he's a bad manager. But I don't want him.

and fellaini, vic, naisy, rodwell, jelavic, etc have been good for other teams? no. that doesn't mean anything.

Mark what the hell are you talking about? Post on here saying he's done well because he's had to sell his best players. If you consider those above as our best players (Felli aside) you're a nut.

Ok then flip it you obviously think De Boer would be an upgrade on Koeman why?

Both relatively big names in the footballing world Koeman knows the league he's done well with a side that's sold some of it's better player's brought in solid replacements and plays good football

I'd prefer Emery but to think De Boer would be a better choice when he doesn't know the league his tactics are questioned by multiple sources and fans and he's coming off the back of an almighty shithouse season loosing the title at the last hurdle in a league far inferior with arguably the best side in it

He's not my first choice never has been but he's a much better choice than De Boer in my opinion

I have no idea if FDB will be an upgrade on Koeman and nor would I say that. Hard to call either an upgrade because neither have been here.

You'd prefer Emery but not De Boer because he doesn't know the league - makes sense that. I'd prefer Emery over everyone. Simple as that. Koeman would be my 3rd choice out of the front runners. But I'd prefer Mancini over him too. I'll be fucked off if he comes in!

Edited by MC11

Mark what the hell are you talking about? Post on here saying he's done well because he's had to sell his best players. If you consider those above as our best players (Felli aside) you're a nut.

you said those players he sold went on to be shit elsewhere, i was highlighting the fact that ours have as well. i thought you were slighting the man. my bad i read your post wrong.

i agree he's done well even though he's sold the best players.

you said those players he sold went on to be shit elsewhere, i was highlighting the fact that ours have as well. i thought you were slighting the man. my bad i read your post wrong.

i agree he's done well even though he's sold the best players.

No no you've turned full retard here Mark. I give up.

off the meds today? you've been great the past couple weeks. just call the pharmacy, they should have your refill.

I've had my dose of TT meds today. Enough to send me around the bend. All the best Mark.

Edited by MC11

I have no idea if FDB will be an upgrade on Koeman and nor would I say that. Hard to call either an upgrade because neither have been here.

You'd prefer Emery but not De Boer because he doesn't know the league - makes sense that. I'd prefer Emery over everyone. Simple as that. Koeman would be my 3rd choice out of the front runners. But I'd prefer Mancini over him too. I'll be fucked off if he comes in!

It does make sense when you read what I put properly its obviously regarding Koeman over De Boer, Emery is a high profile and highly regarded manager which far outweighs him lacking experience over here in comparison to De Boer. That's on paper anyway any of them could fail in spectacular fashion

Twelve o clock tomorrow it'll be announced this kid reckons. Don't shoot me if it's a load of shite but he's adamant but says there is nothing in place with that DoF as of yet.

If he's wrong on this I'll shove the next tickets I get him up his hoop. I don't usually stick my neck on the line like this.

pad its 12 over here and i haven't heard anything. sounds like your mate had it wrong sadly. still hoping he comes through with the emery prediction.

It does make sense when you read what I put properly its obviously regarding Koeman over De Boer, Emery is a high profile and highly regarded manager which far outweighs him lacking experience over here in comparison to De Boer. That's on paper anyway any of them could fail in spectacular fashion

De Boer has hardly failed. The Dutch guy who questioned De Boers tactics actually went on to say he thinks De Boer would be the better candidate for the job. I'm literally past De Boer now anyway. I want to see Emery, hopefully all these rumours are to hurry his decision.

pad its 12 over here and i haven't heard anything. sounds like your mate had it wrong sadly. still hoping he comes through with the emery prediction.

Fuck knows Mark mate, chance you take when you post info ur told. If it turns out duff you look a bit of a tit.

I took a calculated risk and was hoping everyone here would be buzzing and it came off, alas it never.

I'm still prepared to give him another 24 hours though.

Fuck knows Mark mate, chance you take when you post info ur told. If it turns out duff you look a bit of a tit.

I took a calculated risk and was hoping everyone here would be buzzing and it came off, alas it never.

I'm still prepared to give him another 24 hours though.

yeah murphys law (i think you lot call it "sod's law" over there). i could care less who's right as long as we get emery and monchi. i'd be overjoyed.

He's finished 6th after 2 seasons of nearly all his first team sold off for profit!

Yes, but he's apparently not responsible for transfers and ultimately the squad he has had to work with is one capable of finishing 6th. Whether they've lost their best players or not, they've replaced well and built a good squad. He's just coached them....to the level they're roughly expected to be at. Marginally overachieving, potentially...but we're talking 1 or two places here.

His previous jobs, for the most part, have been hit and miss...more miss I'd say.

Compare his record to Emery's and there's a clear winner...it's no competition.

Yes, but he's apparently not responsible for transfers and ultimately the squad he has had to work with is one capable of finishing 6th. Whether they've lost their best players or not, they've replaced well and built a good squad. He's just coached them....to the level they're roughly expected to be at. Marginally overachieving, potentially...but we're talking 1 or two places here.

His previous jobs, for the most part, have been hit and miss...more miss I'd say.

Compare his record to Emery's and there's a clear winner...it's no competition.

hes not my preferred choice Mike, I just get why people are excited

So at what point will you fellas start to get worried/pissed off if we still haven't got a manager in? What's your threshold for starting to be concerned? Before the Euros? Immediately after them? The week before the new season starts?