• Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

:wind up: :otvwhistle:

Tht's because you are Steve and that's a fact

Post a poll on Twitter or any large Everton board and you would be laughed at for havng that view as an Everton fan but you're not an Everton fan you have said this before, you followed Martinez so you are indeed talking rubbish to think any Everton fan would want to finish second playing good football than win the league.

The poll should read.

1) Everton to win the league (guaranteed) playing boring football

2) Everton to finish 2nd playing exciting football.

You would be absolutely laughed off the internet if you picked the second option because no one who supports the club would pick the 2nd option in a million years.

Pad, cut it out with the presuming to know what other fans would prefer and cut it out that Steves not a fan. I expect better.

Martinez may have brought him her but he's stayed after he's left and contributed greatly to the forum.

It doesn't matter what brings you to Everton, but once you're touched by the club...

On the topic of boring and win vs exciting and nothing, I'm torn and I know others would be too.

These are all null points Simeone will not be Everton manager I'll walk the streets of Preston naked with a (large) bow tie tied to my cock if it happens

We won't win the league anytime soon don't mention Leicester it was a rarity it won't happen anytime soon again

I'd rather win by playing in an appropriate way to whoever we are playing mix it up and adapt that's been our biggest problem for over a decade

Edited by EFC-Paul

Pad, cut it out with the presuming to know what other fans would prefer and cut it out that Steves not a fan. I expect better.

Martinez may have brought him her but he's stayed after he's left and contributed greatly to the forum.

It doesn't matter what brings you to Everton, but once you're touched by the club...

On the topic of boring and win vs exciting and nothing, I'm torn and I know others would be too.

Hang on a minute Matt, Steve wasn't even in the discussion until he quoted my post then added "you're talking rubbish" to the end of sentences that I never wrote so if he's going to chime in with his two pence worth then I've every right to chime back.

He doesn't support Everton he said that he supports Martinez so there is no fabrication it's the truth so if he wants to add things to my post implying whatever he wants then I've every right to defend myself and I will, if you don't lie yhat Matt then I suggest you perm ban me as that's never going to change.

Hang on a minute Matt, Steve wasn't even in the discussion until he quoted my post then added "you're talking rubbish" to the end of sentences that I never wrote so if he's going to chime in with his two pence worth then I've every right to chime back.

He doesn't support Everton he said that he supports Martinez so there is no fabrication it's the truth so if he wants to add things to my post implying whatever he wants then I've every right to defend myself and I will, if you don't lie yhat Matt then I suggest you perm ban me as that's never going to change.

he was winding you up playfully, and you went on a rant. No need, or at least aim your annoyance at those who deserve it.

Who cares what brought him here; he came, he stayed. You're taking cheap shots and I'm asking you to stop.

he was winding you up playfully, and you went on a rant. No need, or at least aim your annoyance at those who deserve it.

Who cares what brought him here; he came, he stayed. You're taking cheap shots and I'm asking you to stop.

Oh right so he's winding me up playfully but I'm ranting. Now who's presuming to know what people are thinking.

If you're going to moderate Matt I have no problem with that it's your job and I'll stand by what I said and fall on my own sword if I have to but at least do it fairly.

Mhe was impling I wasn't saying you're talking rubbish but I was implying it towards him without saying it. That's exactly what he was doing, he knows it and I know it so I have every right to say something back as he's now presuming what I'm saying.

You can't have it both ways Matt, I'm ranting but he's being playful :lol:

Just keep it civil, it's all I'm asking. Questioning fans loyalty is out of line for me, and I hate seeing it.

And accusing me of implying he's talking rubbish when I've posted I would never say that to a fan is fistly inflaming the aituation and secondly inciting what was already a heated debate.

You can call it playful teasing if you want Matt I don't see it like that so as I say you can't have it both ways. You can't call me out for presuming what other fans think then do exactly ghe same yourself to me.

I don't want to argue with you Matt I've no beef with you but I got the exact intended meaning of his post and defended myself. As far as I'm concerned I've done nothing wrong and as I've said if I have to fall on my own sword for standing my ground then so be it.

I've said my piece. I know you both, which is why I chipped in. Argue/Debate as much as you like over quality of play vs winning stuff, it's a mixed debate (open a thread, I'd be curious to see the outcome). There's just no need to bring loyalties into question.

Edit: PM if you want, let's keep this thread somewhat on track...

Edited by Matt

Let's not mimic the Sun by putting words in people's mouths...

As a child, I supported Everton - and was cheering them on before Jeff Astle scored the winning goal for WBA in extra time (maybe before you were born? not sure on that). Then for a while I supported Spurs - mainly because they sent me a team photograph signed by their players. Then, living in the US and for many years not having the opportunity to watch any games, I supported no team really. Then, when EPL games began to be broadcast, I supported Wigan because of the exciting style with which they played, beating all the top teams in order to survive against all odds. Yes, when Martinez came to Everton, I returned. Let me repeat that: returned. How you can deduce from that that I'm not a fan, or that I ever suggested such a thing, I don't know.

So, just for the record, I am an Everton fan. I've not been a lifelong fan, no, but I'm sure that's true of plenty others on here.

Actually, I think I'm the one who started this aspect of the discussion.

And yes, a wind-up sense of humour does sometimes get the better of me: Sorry for the added sentences. ;)

Actually, I think I'm the one who started this aspect of the discussion.

And yes, a wind-up sense of humour does sometimes get the better of me: Sorry for the added sentences. ;)

You don't have to apologise to me, I'm fine with it , it's Matt who's upset over it so save all yor kisses for him.

Sure there's a song title in there somewhere ;)

SSN reporting United have no plans to appoint a director of football Mourinho and Woodward will deal with transfers

Also said that Emery and Monchi would welcome a move to England to work with each other....

If that's true and it's a big if then surely we are the only real option for them over here

SSN reporting United have no plans to appoint a director of football Mourinho and Woodward will deal with transfers

Also said that Emery and Monchi would welcome a move to England to work with each other....

If that's true and it's a big if then surely we are the only real option for them over here

Watch them go to Villa :lol:

Well Emery buy out has now dropped to 2 million. Allegedly.

Pellegrini has now officially finished at City. Pretty sure his contract expired last night.

Has Koeman signed a new contract yet? Haven't heard anything since S'oton said it was progressing well last week.

We'll definately know over the next week. Has to be before the Euro's.

Well Emery buy out has now dropped to 2 million. Allegedly.

Pellegrini has now officially finished at City. Pretty sure his contract expired last night.

Has Koeman signed a new contract yet? Haven't heard anything since S'oton said it was progressing well last week.

We'll definately know over the next week. Has to be before the Euro's.

It's all gone pretty quiet on Koeman unless I've missed something

Hope your right and we find out soon enough

no thanks on mendez he gets the big names to clubs but also forces a lot of dead wood to sign with them too. See bebe at United.

Monchi has a clause for 3.8m? that's it? Emery at 2m? That's it? Moshiri open up the checkbook mate and tell bill to take a holiday.