• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

no thanks on mendez he gets the big names to clubs but also forces a lot of dead wood to sign with them too. See bebe at United.

Monchi has a clause for 3.8m? that's it? Emery at 2m? That's it? Moshiri open up the checkbook mate and tell bill to take a holiday.

There's the small matter of whether or not they're interested in moving from Spain to the North West....

I was hoping it'd be done this week but it's not looking likely now.

We have no idea, and neither does the press. It could be tomorrow. It could be next week. It could be next month (although unlikely). We know as much about the date of an announcement as we do about who will be appointed, namely zilch.

We have no idea, and neither does the press. It could be tomorrow. It could be next week. It could be next month (although unlikely). We know as much about the date of an announcement as we do about who will be appointed, namely zilch.

I didn't say anyone does know, only that I hoped.

Twelve o clock tomorrow it'll be announced this kid reckons. Don't shoot me if it's a load of shite but he's adamant but says there is nothing in place with that DoF as of yet.

If he's wrong on this I'll shove the next tickets I get him up his hoop. I don't usually stick my neck on the line like this.

Twelve o clock tomorrow it'll be announced this kid reckons. Don't shoot me if it's a load of shite but he's adamant but says there is nothing in place with that DoF as of yet.

If he's wrong on this I'll shove the next tickets I get him up his hoop. I don't usually stick my neck on the line like this.

Be amazing if he was right.

He'd become the one and only trusted source on this forum!!!

Be amazing if he was right.

He'd become the one and only trusted source on this forum!!!

As I say he got Martinez getting sacked on the Monday to with about 26 minutes.

Did he get ucky? We'l find out tomorrow. I'll strangle him if he's wrong. Andhe knows it :lol:

As I say he got Martinez getting sacked on the Monday to with about 26 minutes.

Did he get ucky? We'l find out tomorrow. I'll strangle him if he's wrong. Andhe knows it :lol:

Your realize your reputation's really on the line, right? If there's an announcement tomorrow at noon, your name will be in lights. If not, it sounds like you'll be on Dartmoor for a few years.

I can already picture your posts tmora. Lord Lucan Edited by MC11

Your realize your reputation's really on the line, right? If there's an announcement tomorrow at noon, your name will be in lights. If not, it sounds like you'll be on Dartmoor for a few years.

If he is right it wont be my name in lights it'll be his, he is the one with all the contacts (if it's right) I'm just the monkey carrying the message.

I can already picture your posts tmora. Lord Lucan

I'll still be here if it doesn't get announced MC, why would I not be. I'm not claiming to be ITK just repeating what he said and that he got the Martinez sacking spot on to almost the exact time which is either amazingly lucky or he knows.

I'd post the screen shots of the Dms on twitter but it has my name and picture on it (along with my kids picture) and his so it's a no go sorry.

I might ask Mike to edit it out for me if he's in a good mood for you all to hail the lad if he is correct.

Sorry I might have missed one of your previous posts. Does he know who will be announced or only that there will be an announcement tomorrow?

Edited by Geth

There appears to be some solid posters on twitter who are pretty sure it's emery. ESK is one of them... he got the moshiri takeover pretty much spot on saying the Americans were a smokescreen before it happened.

Paddocks mate says so... let's hope eh? Is it too much to dream of munch and emery... I'd absolutely love that.

There appears to be some solid posters on twitter who are pretty sure it's emery. ESK is one of them... he got the moshiri takeover pretty much spot on saying the Americans were a smokescreen before it happened.

Paddocks mate says so... let's hope eh? Is it too much to dream of munch and emery... I'd absolutely love that.

Yep it's taken off big time on my Twitter newsfeed also, all the supposed ITKs are saying it's 100% Emery some say today some say by Tuesday. Not sure anyone knows for sure but if it is Emery even if it's not 12pm today I'll still give this lad a tick for it, he's been saying Emery to me for a while now he's absolutely rigid on it I keep posting him links to other managers he just dismisses them.

He says Emery has had an offer, he wants to take it and it's a 9 out of 10 to be done given nothing is a 10 until the contracts signed that's as close as it gets .

Hope it is now I've kind of got my heart set on him and hopefully his DoF pal from Sevilla also.

Yep it's taken off big time on my Twitter newsfeed also, all the supposed ITKs are saying it's 100% Emery some say today some say by Tuesday. Not sure anyone knows for sure but if it is Emery even if it's not 12pm today I'll still give this lad a tick for it, he's been saying Emery to me for a while now he's absolutely rigid on it I keep posting him links to other managers he just dismisses them.

He says Emery has had an offer, he wants to take it and it's a 9 out of 10 to be done given nothing is a 10 until the contracts signed that's as close as it gets .

Hope it is now I've kind of got my heart set on him and hopefully his DoF pal from Sevilla also.

Really really excited by this.

Bring banega over and the lad up front...

Signed in mainly to comment on the Spanish football talk, Altetico and Simeone. To give something on topic, I said Emery from the very start and he's still the man I want. Don't understand anyone wanting Koeman over him. Anyway..,

First point, Simeone is out of league. I expect some people to come in with the whole 'we're Everton, noone is out of our league'. He is. Get over it.

Secondly, the quality of La Liga is not too dissimilar than the Prem. It's less competitive in the bottom third or so, and they have 3 teams who are above the rest...true. That said, Sevilla would spank Southampton any day of the week. Celta and Bilbao would beat West Ham. The bottom 7 or so are weaker. Newcastle would never get relegated in Spain.

Thirdly, Atletico play to their strengths. You see them play against Bayern and call it negative - it's not negative, it's productive. Defending is an art form, and trust me, if you see Barkley running through on goal in a UCL semi against Bayern...about to fire your team into the final, it doesn't get more exciting and entertaining than that. Yes, they play that way against some lesser teams as well, that's true as well. Remember us against United in Martine's first season? We expected to dominate, it wasn't working and he adapted and we played a counter attacking game and thrashed them. Never did we see that flexibility again, but wasn't that exciting? Wasn't that great to watch. Southampton away this season just gone, probably the best of the season? Atletico are flexible. They play some delightful football with extremely talented players. Griezmann for one. You can't watch a player like that and not be entertained. A player like that is still at the club because of the manager and the success of the club. If Atletico's system wasn't working and they were 6th or 7th, they wouldn't be keeping Griezmann, Koke, Saul etc. On that topic as well, Saul's goal wasn't entertaining? I could watch that on loop for hours.

There's a passion and a fighting spirit that comes with this type of football too, which I think gets you more involved and animated. Think of Goodison's atmosphere now compared to years ago under Moyes and back to when we were fighting for our lives. Go to any Atletico game, any of them. Go to the Bernebeu - it's dead, all you can hear is people eating their pipas and unwrapping their sandwiches at half time. Everytime I go to Vicente Calderon I love it, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It reminds me a bit of going to games in the Gwladys back in the late 90s early 00s - pure passion.
For anyone that says that Atletico are boring, or that they wouldn't want that style of football at Everton...I'm glad you're nowhere near a position of power.