• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Simeone won't come here anyway. He's barely linked. I read the other day that he's well in with everybody at Inter and that's where he'll be going next. He'd do very well there!

Yep so it's a moot argument anyway. However the point still stands. Regardless of who comes if they bring us our first title in 30 years the way we win it wont matter.

Matt, he would be a MASSIVE appointment if we got him and we would be punching way above our weight trying to attract him. Forget the argument of his style he's a winner and if he won us things the fans would accept anything.

i don't disagree at all, and think he'd be an excellent appointment though, an impossible dream.

I was pointing out that, if he plays defensive every time against "big teams" in the Spanish league (Mark, there's only 3-4 decent teams, the rest don't compare with the EPL unless there's been a massive change this past season) then we'd only see defensive football.

i don't disagree at all, and think he'd be an excellent appointment though, an impossible dream.

I was pointing out that, if he plays defensive every time against "big teams" in the Spanish league (Mark, there's only 3-4 decent teams, the rest don't compare with the EPL unless there's been a massive change this past season) then we'd only see defensive football.

I think you're wrong Matt. Yes the have the two Madrids and Barca, we have Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal then Spurs Shite, us, West Ham Soton etc. Apart fromour top 5 or 6 to their top 3, are West Ham or Soton anybetter than Sevilla or Valencia etc. Compare the league standings team for team the assumption that the Spanish league is shite is a myth it just has 3 teams that are way and above better than anyone in that league.

If those 3 were in the prem they would run away with it year after year.

I think you're wrong Matt. Yes the have the two Madrids and Barca, we have Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal then Spurs Shite, us, West Ham Soton etc. Apart fromour top 5 or 6 to their top 3, are West Ham or Soton anybetter than Sevilla or Valencia etc. Compare the league standings team for team the assumption that the Spanish league is shite is a myth it just has 3 teams that are way and above better than anyone in that league.

If those 3 were in the prem they would run away with it year after year.

agree to disagree. Besides, it's an impossoble scenario to compare.

Sounds like he has a real eye for a player

But that only works if the targeted player fits the team strategy. Ultimately, strategy out-trumps everything. Once strategy is in place, then you know the criteria to meet when it comes to new players. IMO, it's more important to put in place first a new manager, because the manager should either own or influence strategy.

Disagree. Games are played every week; titles are once a year. Personally, I'd rather finish second playing exciting stuff than first by boring the pants off everyone.

And that's why you just don't get it Steve and you never will. No true fan will want their team to finish second just to entertain them.

As for the single game being played, league position counts for everything so as each game gets played and the team accumulate points and are near the top or at the top the excitement builds and builds, things start gaining momentum and everyones hopes are raised the atmosphere in the ground enhances 10 fold because thrre is a will to spur the team on to glory, ultimately the fans want the 3 points to get nearer the title and that's what makes it more exciting than any 90 minute game of football.

It's all part of the bigger picture it's not just a case of going to a game being entertained for 90 minutes, going home and waiting for the next game there's a much bigger picture that fans crave.

Define "true fan". And what the f**k gives you the right the defone it in the first place?

There is no "true fan" but I don't tell people they talk rubbish.

It's dickheads like you who don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about who've never set foot inside Goodison telling people who have been going for 35 years that they are "talking rubbish"' when you haven't the slightest idea what the average fan on the terrace or in the pub feels around here.

Do you ever see me telling anyone they are talking rubbish?? No, so when someone who has no clue tells me I am then I take exception to it

So in short, fuck you Makis.

Your all missing the point...all.

No one WANTS to finish second or lower and play exciting stuff.

Some want to play exciting stuff and challenge for the top, but would be happy to be challenging and playing great football.

Some don't mind playing negative to win.

Myself I would rather play football that excites me....be it,

Fast

Pressing

Smooth

Heart and guts

Or even solid....

As long as it excites me.

Would I want us to play boring football that's a pain to watch every week, just to get a trophy?

No way would I.

There isn't a type that wins titles.

You need to he able to mix it, play exciting at times and dig deep at others.

That's exciting football.

Some want to play exciting stuff and challenge for the top, but would be happy to be challenging and playing great football.

Fast

Pressing

Smooth

Heart and guts

Or even solid....

Would I want us to play boring football that's a pain to watch every week, just to get a trophy?

No way would I.

Ha ha, never seen Shukes get a cob on before.

Go ed Shukes lad, you tell us :lol:

Fast

Pressing

Smooth

Heart and guts

Or even solid....

No way would I.

Agree with this. What no one has mentioned is the risk of playing boring football for the whole season and not winning anything. This is the consolation of playing attractive football, if you don't win at the end then you have still been entertained.

Agree with this. What no one has mentioned is the risk of playing boring football for the whole season and not winning anything. This is the consolation of playing attractive football, if you don't win at the end then you have still been entertained.

weve lived it most of the last 25 years, didn't need mentioning ;)

Here's my thing: I don't care what our style is as long as we win week in and week out. Everton winning is what constitutes exciting football for me, and I couldn't give less of a fuck what a neutral thinks. Defensively solid football doesn't equate to "boring" for me. Sure, buccaneering stuff can be fun to watch, but if we're leaking goals, losing leads and finishing bottom half a la Martinez, then obviously what is "exciting" for the neutral is painful for me.

That said, if we had a bunch of Moyes-esque 0-0 draws or 1-0 defeats, I would be calling for the manager's head on a platter.

My point: win and I'm happy. If we have the trophy, people who complain about how we earned it can eat a bag of dicks. If we aren't winning, then change the formula so we start winning. Style doesn't subvert results for me. And, I'm tired, as are many of you, of being that team that's fun to watch but which doesn't threaten the status quo. This is Everton, for fuck's sake.

Also, drop the "true fan" garbage. All it does is position your experience as the center and everyone else's as peripheral. We're all Everton supporters. We all participate in the community of supporters in our own way. Value everyone, please, regardless of privilege of geography, disposable income or their history. We're all here because we love this club (well, except for Mirallas...) ;)

Sorry to disappoint Baddog, but I have in fact set my foot inside Goodison. Both, actually.

It's this "I'm a better fan than you" shit that irks me. And while he probably denies it what else are these "TRUE fans yadda yadda" and "you haven't even set your foot inside the stadium" crap than portraying one as a better fan?

If we had won the FA Cup this season by drawing every game 0-0 without a shot on target and scraping through 1-0 on penalties each round then I would have been delighted. Individual performances are soon forgotten... winning a major trophy is a lifetime memory. I was too young to experience the success in the 80s, I will never forget 95 - once again a little too young to fully enjoy it. Been to Wembley 4 times since to watch EFC and the only game I truly enjoyed was a 0-0 bore draw against Man U because we won (on pens).

Sorry to disappoint Baddog, but I have in fact set my foot inside Goodison. Both, actually.

It's this "I'm a better fan than you" shit that irks me. And while he probably denies it what else are these "TRUE fans yadda yadda" and "you haven't even set your foot inside the stadium" crap than portraying one as a better fan?

You're a precious little self righteous tool Makis. I posted an opinion you instantly dismissed it saying I talk rubbish, like I haven't a clue and know nothing. The point I'm making is I've missed more games through illness than you've been to so who the fuck do you think you are telling me I talk rubbish?

Doesn't matter whether you go or not we're all fans but I do go and have done for 35 years so how fucking dare you say I talk rubbish.it's this attitude of yours, someone who lives miles away, never goes and has no idea what the general feeling is in ir around the club who just dismiss peoples with that kind of knowledge of the clubs opinions out of hand because you think you're a bit more intelligent because you read stuff on the internet.

Read through my post history and see where I've ever told any fan they are talking rubbish.

You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about or about Everton yet you lord it over members of this forum who clearly do.

You're ignorance and your own self importance is laughable.

Why do people really see their arses when they're pulled up about actually going a long and supporting their club. Especially ones who think they know everything about the club?

Edited by MC11

Why do people really see their arses when they're pulled up about actually going a long and supporting their club. Especially ones who think they know everything about the club?

His problem is, it's ok to call a person who's been going 35 years (whoever that may be) that they're talking rubbish but doesn't like it when they have a pop back.

He's a larger than life Fin for sure. Seen him go off at a few people. Had a few run ins myself but that's just part on parcel of being on a forum. Can see where you're coming from though. Bet he's hasn't put a penny in. EVER

He's a larger than life Fin for sure. Seen him go off at a few people. Had a few run ins myself but that's just part on parcel of being on a forum. Can see where you're coming from though. Bet he's hasn't put a penny in. EVER

He's allowed an opinion the same as me, just don't dismiss everyone elses as rubbish because you disagree.

And that's why you just don't get it Steve and you never will. You're talking rubbish. No true fan will want their team to finish second just to entertain them. You're talking rubbish.

As for the single game being played, league position counts for everything so as each game gets played and the team accumulate points and are near the top or at the top the excitement builds and builds, things start gaining momentum and everyones hopes are raised the atmosphere in the ground enhances 10 fold because thrre is a will to spur the team on to glory, ultimately the fans want the 3 points to get nearer the title and that's what makes it more exciting than any 90 minute game of football. So you're talking rubbish.

It's all part of the bigger picture it's not just a case of going to a game being entertained for 90 minutes, going home and waiting for the next game there's a much bigger picture that fans crave. By the way, you're talking rubbish.

:wind up: :otvwhistle: