• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

So at what point will you fellas start to get worried/pissed off if we still haven't got a manager in? What's your threshold for starting to be concerned? Before the Euros? Immediately after them? The week before the new season starts?

For me it has to be before the Euro's start at the latest. Preferably over the coming 3-5 days.

The new man has to get his own men in and get set up for the Euro's. Ready to scout any potentials and start dealing with any interest in our lot.

So at what point will you fellas start to get worried/pissed off if we still haven't got a manager in? What's your threshold for starting to be concerned? Before the Euros? Immediately after them? The week before the new season starts?

Oh, by Guy Fawkes Day perhaps? With no manager, season ticket sales have gone through the roof, and speculation (based on precisely zero knowledge) is keeping hundreds of sports writers in a job. The longer this drags out, the more it's doing to help the club and the British economy. We're also learning who has ITK sources and who doesn't. All in all, having no manager brings real benefits.

In terms of who comes in...

Emery and Monchi appear to be the best option supposedly available. Although I'm not sure if their calibre has outgrown our current standing in football. Would love to get Emery. Not arsed about the DoF role. I'm not sold on it at all.

Koeman is a good shout still. He's done well with Soton. Although I read a bit on his history...he's swapped clubs a fair bit which is unnerving. He has quite a lot of 1 - 2 year jobs. And if he leaves Soton, that's another 2 year job. How long would he stick here?

De Boer seems to have taken a back seat along with Pellegrini.

4 good candidates in my eyes.

Emery first choice. Tough to choose between the other 3, some big Pro's and con's between them.

Tht's because you are Steve and that's a fact

Post a poll on Twitter or any large Everton board and you would be laughed at for havng that view as an Everton fan but you're not an Everton fan you have said this before, you followed Martinez so you are indeed talking rubbish to think any Everton fan would want to finish second playing good football than win the league.

The poll should read.

1) Everton to win the league (guaranteed) playing boring football

2) Everton to finish 2nd playing exciting football.

You would be absolutely laughed off the internet if you picked the second option because no one who supports the club would pick the 2nd option in a million years.

Win the league for me at all costs.

Slightly disappointed if it's Koeman, but still not a bad choice. I just think I remember him telling Saints fans 2 weeks ago he was going nowhere and now it looks like he is. I know it's all a business, but I don't like that kind of thing.

Anyway, I'm too lazy to do my own research so I'll ask here - how is his defensive record? That's the most important thing for me next season, I want to see a proper defense again.

Slightly disappointed if it's Koeman, but still not a bad choice. I just think I remember him telling Saints fans 2 weeks ago he was going nowhere and now it looks like he is. I know it's all a business, but I don't like that kind of thing.

Anyway, I'm too lazy to do my own research so I'll ask here - how is his defensive record? That's the most important thing for me next season, I want to see a proper defense again.

But at the time, as far as he was concerned, he was going to stay. What should he say? "No, I'm leaving". It doesn't work.

Anyway, the bloke has only just got back off holiday. Last week his club were saying that contract talks were going well. Maybe that's why it's gone quiet...he's been on holiday! I didn't know that. Maybe once he's back, he'll sign his new contract? Maybe not. It's all still hearsay.

Everton tell the press nothing. It might be frustrating if you're the gossip type, but I wouldn't change it.

As far as Koeman at Soton goes...one of the best defences. One of the best attacks. Nicely balanced I'd say.

Southampton scored the same amount of goals in the league as we did (59) but only conceded 41, we conceded 55.

I have the slightest bit of info to add into the mix. One of the Everton support staff was in my work at 4pm today, he was in a rush as he had to be at FF for 5pm.

Is it usual for the support staff to be at the training ground in the evening when the season has finished? Or was something happening there?

Thing is, if it's a 'money no object' persuit, as the press seem to be getting at, wouldn't there be higher profile targets?

I mean, if it really is 'money no object'...would Koeman top your list???

A friend of mine says this, if we were splashing the cash would we be going for Koeman? And if so, why? Is he the best we can get with our cash?

That's also my thoughts. £7m!!!???

He's on £2.5m now...if he won't take £4m, then he's not THAT interested in the job. Only the money.

Ludicrous money for him IMO.

Klopp's on £7m

Conte's on £6.5m

Enrique's on £7m

Pochettino's on £5.5m (improved contract)

Simeone's on £4.4m

Allegri's on £3.5m

I'm not too sure I like this 'money no object pursuit'... Reminds me an awful lot of the shenanigans of Man City and Chelsea which we've all been up in arms about before. I accept it's business and it has to be hard nosed, but I just hope that we also manage to maintain our integrity throughout.

On the other hand I also think it's probably gob shites in the press making up headlines, as if it was the case I'd imagine we'd have hire profile targets than Koeman.

We'll see when we see I suppose...

Edited by doc_bump

Southampton scored the same amount of goals in the league as we did (59) but only conceded 41, we conceded 55.

I have the slightest bit of info to add into the mix. One of the Everton support staff was in my work at 4pm today, he was in a rush as he had to be at FF for 5pm.

Is it usual for the support staff to be at the training ground in the evening when the season has finished? Or was something happening there?

There was an u12svtournament at FF today and we signed that young lad from Coventry.

from the outset I wanted koeman but for me I want someone to commit to us.

from all accounts he's thinking about Barcelona so for that reason I want Emery or De Boer.

He won't be going there in a hurry. I doubt Barca will get a manager from the outside unless he has won something. I think it would be brilliant if Koeman actually was so good at Everton that Barcelona would want to sign him. We'd be far better off. And what's the average time a manager stays at a club these days? Two years? So even if some other manager wasn't as forthcoming, he'd quite likely still jump ship if Barca came calling.

Seeing as the Koeman story is all being driven by Dutch journalists, I wonder what is really going on?

I'm sure Koeman's agent is behind everything. Are we about to sign Koeman? Is this just a ploy to get Saints to give him a pay rise?

Perhaps we're even behind it in order to get Emery signed up?

Given the initial journalists incorrectly stated Koeman was on his way to Liverpool yesterday this could all be rubbish.

looks like money talks and bullshit walks.

Yep. Not entirelynsold on Koeman tbh. Not sure his hearts in it but will give him 110% support if he comes.

I suppose the advantage of having money means you can buy what you want. We're not used to that.