• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Still taking money for Koeman mate. Put it on whilst you can

Laddies have re-opened the betting. There's journos Soton end saying it's nowhere near close to done. Everyones going off what a few ITKs have said on twitter and taken it as gospel.

Not saying it wont happen but it doesn't look like a "done deal" to me in fact far from it.

Just been some Dut h fella on talksport saying Everton and Soton are in talks over compo as we speak and that Koeman wasn't interested in coming until he heard what Moshiri had to say and that changed his mind.

The fella on SSN just said Koeman has indicated he wants the job, compensation is being discussed (thought to be £3m) and that it'll move quickly in the next 48 hours. Looks a goer.

The fella on SSN just said Koeman has indicated he wants the job, compensation is being discussed (thought to be £3m) and that it'll move quickly in the next 48 hours. Looks a goer.

The guy on Talkshite was a reporter who is close to Koeman he said the massive transfer budget he has been offered was the deciding factor, obviously the wages were a massive bonus but it was the transfer budget and guarantee that only Lukaku will leave and that's still only a maybe.

All this speculation appears, again, to be based on....nothing! Oh how we're keeping sports writers in business.

We'll learn who it is, and when, once the club has done its work in private. Yes, it's fun to speculate, but let's keep a sense of perspective on this. Garbage in, garbage out. I'm not convinced any rumour right now is based on any credible input data.

Edited because I kant spill.

Edited by Cornish Steve

All this speculation appears, again, to be based on....nothing! Oh how we're keeping sports writers in business.

We'll learn who it is, and when, once the club has done its work in private. Yes, it's fun to speculate, but let's keep a sense of perspective on this. Garbage in, garbage out. I'm not convinced any rumour right now is based on any credible input data.

Edited because I kant spill.

At the moment speculation is all we have.

The forum would be dull without it.

There's most defo legs in ir. One of Koemans trusted journos says he's accepted the offer and they are agreeing compo. It's the first solidquotes from anyone close to both parties. He was also pretty definite that Koeman wants the job stating how and why his mind was changed.

They also asked the question is it a woory for Everton fans it'll be a year and he'll move to Arsenal he said no hevwants to build something.

It was clearly from someone close to Koeman and whathis thought process has been.

All we ever have to go off is rumours unless its announced by the club which will obviously only happen once a done deal so I don't get the whinging

Considering Sky Sports are running with it and have a reporter outside Goodison I'd take it there's substance behind it

Edited by EFC-Paul

Edited because I kant spill

It's pretty obvious this is more than speculation. The NOS don't report that Rob Jansen told them something unless he did. Southampton and Everton are negotiating compensation, you can bet on that. How long that's gonna take is anyone's guess, but Southampton will probably fold when they realize his head has been turned (which it most probably has, even though technically we aren't allowed to speak to him or his agent before compensation with Southampton is agreed).

Whether you want Koeman here or not you've got to be impressed with Moshiri over it all. He is clearly the man he wanted and he's doing absolutely everything to get his man. We've needed someone like that at the top for a long time and I, for one, am pleased we've finally got someone in charge who sets his sights on something and goes all out for it.

Whether you want Koeman here or not you've got to be impressed with Moshiri over it all. He is clearly the man he wanted and he's doing absolutely everything to get his man. We've needed someone like that at the top for a long time and I, for one, am pleased we've finally got someone in charge who sets his sights on something and goes all out for it.

spot on

top post. i agree.

All we ever have to go off is rumours unless its announced by the club which will obviously only happen once a done deal so I don't get the whinging

Considering Sky Sports are running with it and have a reporter outside Goodison I'd take it there's substance behind it

It's not whinging. I'm seeing how, one day, we're excited about candidate A. Then, the next day, we all want candidate B. Then, the next day, candidate C working with candidate A. Then candidate B comes back in the frame and everyone's disappointed. Then announcements are expected - nothing. A day later, an announcement is certain - still nothing. No input at all from the club. Some non-writer in Holland says something, and it's now gospel.

Again, it's not whinging; it's more frustration that everyone wants an announcement so quickly, and believing that candidate B is now crap because of these unsubstantiated rumours. That's why I think a little perspective is called for. Why allow ourselves to get disappointed because believing of our own rumours? The club will do the job, and they'll choose a good manager. I trust them on this.

It's not whinging. I'm seeing how, one day, we're excited about candidate A. Then, the next day, we all want candidate B. Then, the next day, candidate C working with candidate A. Then candidate B comes back in the frame and everyone's disappointed. Then announcements are expected - nothing. A day later, an announcement is certain - still nothing. No input at all from the club. Some non-writer in Holland says something, and it's now gospel.

Again, it's not whinging; it's more frustration that everyone wants an announcement so quickly, and believing that candidate B is now crap because of these unsubstantiated rumours. That's why I think a little perspective is called for. Why allow ourselves to get disappointed because believing of our own rumours? The club will do the job, and they'll choose a good manager. I trust them on this.

Your whining about whining Steve pack it in :)

I know what you mean we all do but this one obviously has alot to it that's what I was referring to

The more I'm thinking about Koeman I'm getting more excited. Maybe it's the money we have to spend, or the future outlook being much brighter, but I think it's all a good fit.

Maybe you are overdoing it a bit on the meds. :rofl:

Dont get too excited until we get him and he improves us is my advice.

I'm impressed with his decisiveness too, but I wish I knew what it is he sees in Koeman that made him so determined to get him at seemingly all costs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Koeman is a bad choice, but there has never been - and maybe never will be again I don't think - a better time for Everton to be looking for a new manager. So much new money has come into the club, making us a very attractive prospect, and at the same time, there is an unusual amount of very promising and exciting managers currently up for grabs and looking to move to England, to get a piece of the TV cash pie. Why Moshiri has decided Koeman is the one to pursue (if indeed he is, I should add that nothing is confirmed) is something I can't really figure out.

Just curious - why do you think Moshiri has such a boner for RK? Was it his time at Southampton or do you think he admired him from years ago?

EDIT: Ha - we must have posted at the same time Isaiah because it looks like we both have the same question!

Edited by chalkpie

Rubes maybe I'm just struggling with not having too much to moan about. I've moan about Everton for about 30 years, I don't really know what to do with myself!

Pad, I think it's the job he did at Southampton. I'm guessing with them selling his best players and him still doing well. Also, in the second half of the season only Leicester had better form. He is a big name too, obviously more so as a player than a manager so far, but we'll have to wait and see.

Rubes maybe I'm just struggling with not having too much to moan about. I've moan about Everton for about 30 years, I don't really know what to do with myself!

Pad, I think it's the job he did at Southampton. I'm guessing with them selling his best players and him still doing well. Also, in the second half of the season only Leicester had better form. He is a big name too, obviously more so as a player than a manager so far, but we'll have to wait and see.

I am with you there but getting worked up is something I can no longer give myself the time for. Lets face it if you are an Everton supporter this sort of procrastination comes with the territory..... and if you have seen my posts on other threads you will know how much I am in a panic.