• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Who would he replace Steve, Barry?

I'm not sure Pad, but maybe. I think this season Barkley needs to move further back. So if we could bring in someone to play alongside him, who is very influential (in the same way Haf says about McAllister and Gerrard) it could be great long term. Or if we played a bit fluid we could play McCarthy and Barkley with this dream guy I cant think of. Or maybe Barkley and McCarthy (no problem with Barry but his legs wont last forever) in the middle with a quality number ten in front of them.

Maybe we could finally get Moutinho or Benega, though I already know we will get Toni Kroos, he could be either of the players I talked about above (yes I'm still dreaming).

I'm not sure Pad, but maybe. I think this season Barkley needs to move further back. So if we could bring in someone to play alongside him, who is very influential (in the same way Haf says about McAllister and Gerrard) it could be great long term. Or if we played a bit fluid we could play McCarthy and Barkley with this dream guy I cant think of. Or maybe Barkley and McCarthy (no problem with Barry but his legs wont last forever) in the middle with a quality number ten in front of them.

Maybe we could finally get Moutinho or Benega, though I already know we will get Toni Kroos, he could be either of the players I talked about above (yes I'm still dreaming).

Riqulme (sp)

Who would he replace Steve, Barry?

Barry, yes. His lack of pace is a problem when we loose the ball. That's also the reason he gets so many yellow cards.

Having said that I wouldn't loose sleep if Koeman replaced McCarthy with someone like Krychowiak.

Barry, yes. His lack of pace is a problem when we loose the ball. That's also the reason he gets so many yellow cards.

Having said that I wouldn't loose sleep if Koeman replaced McCarthy with someone like Krychowiak.

I wouldn't argue with replacing Barry. I know he's been our best player last season but he can't go on forever and I'm hoping we maty see a new lease of life from McCarthy under a new manager.

I wouldn't argue with replacing Barry. I know he's been our best player last season but he can't go on forever and I'm hoping we maty see a new lease of life from McCarthy under a new manager.

His form has nothing to do with manager and everything to do with coming back from injury. That's a psychological issue, and I hope it can be fixed.

His form has nothing to do with manager and everything to do with coming back from injury. That's a psychological issue, and I hope it can be fixed.

He's playing in a shit team that is devoid of confidence where he's having to do all the leg work cos his partner can't do it.

Problem with McCarthy has been that yes, he's got a good engine, he's good at passing the ball for distances under 10 yards and he rarely looses the ball. On the other hand he only scores about one goal a season, isn't much help in set pieces (taking them or in headers) and doesn't create chances.

Problem with McCarthy has been that yes, he's got a good engine, he's good at passing the ball for distances under 10 yards and he rarely looses the ball. On the other hand he only scores about one goal a season, isn't much help in set pieces (taking them or in headers) and doesn't create chances.

It's not really his job to do that in the role he's been playing under Martinez though although I do agree he could do with upping his goal tally.

Big season ahead for himl this one we'll soon see if he's off the pace or it was Martinez running him down.

That's not his job at all though. How many goals did Makelele score in his whole career?

It's not really his job to do that in the role he's been playing under Martinez though although I do agree he could do with upping his goal tally.

Big season ahead for himl this one we'll soon see if he's off the pace or it was Martinez running him down.

I think two players in the middle both playing box to box could maybe get five or six goals each can bring a good balance to the team. Got to learn to play in tandem though.

I think two players in the middle both playing box to box could maybe get five or six goals each can bring a good balance to the team. Got to learn to play in tandem though.

koeman played 2 sitters at soton. wanyama and schneiderlin. granted both can pick a pass a lot better than mccarthy, so not sure if he's into barry and mccarthy or will want better options.

Makelele was much better at what he did. But more crucially, football has moved on and DM's are expected to do more than when Makelel played. Just like forwards are expected to do more than just score goals.

Yes the game has moved on, but a player whos job is to sit in the midfield and break up play does not have the job of scoring goals, that hasn't changed one bit. It just isn't part of his job. Barry also doesn't score goals. You cant expect them from everyone, it just isn't realistic. Some players are there to stop the opposition first and foremost. If you don't understand the difference then I'm lost.

koeman played 2 sitters at soton. wanyama and schneiderlin. granted both can pick a pass a lot better than mccarthy, so not sure if he's into barry and mccarthy or will want better options.

I think Schneiderlin is a great player, but he wasn't there all of last season. Wanyama is a good player too, but I'm not having it he can pick a better pass than McCarthy. Not because McCarthy is great at it, just neither of them really have that in their skill set. They both play great 10-20 yard passes all game, don't expect either to be hitting 40 yarders like they are Xavi Alonso.

McCarthy and Barry need benching full stop. It's an awful partnership and a hinderance to our attack. Everton need to push on and get at least one player in there who can go both ways and see forward passes.

I've said for seasons now that position has been neglected. Besic, McCarthy and Barry aren't good enough if we want to be successful. For a 35 year old with no legs to be our best midfielder something is drastically wrong!

I think Schneiderlin is a great player, but he wasn't there all of last season. Wanyama is a good player too, but I'm not having it he can pick a better pass than McCarthy. Not because McCarthy is great at it, just neither of them really have that in their skill set. They both play great 10-20 yard passes all game, don't expect either to be hitting 40 yarders like they are Xavi Alonso.

well then there you have it, if he comes in mccarthy is fine and probably besic or davies is a go there. barry is too slow for the destroyer role.