IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

We got our kecks pulled down and our laces tied together by Sissoko and Tottenham last night in front of the whole fucking country.

I'm absolutely at a loss for words I just don't know what to say except up the fucking Toffees!!

funny thing is if we spent the £30m on him some fans will have been moaning that we overspent on a mercenary who was garbage for Newcastle.

who promised £100m to spend in this window? - I do not recall ever seeing any comment from the club or moshiri saying we had that to spend.

would fans haver been happier if we paid £40m for brahimi, £30m for Sissoko and £30m for Gabbiadini? - the reaction to spending £7m on Gueye at the time makes me think if we spend £25m on him then fans would have been euphoric.

We are still governed by FFP - why are we going to just blow excessive money in order to pacify fans. The biggest miss was not getting Perez Martinez done and dusted - other than that other teams were playing silly games and I'm pleased we didn't fall for it.

We were promised investment. Money in vs money out does not show investment; I actually think we've made money rather than spent it.

I don't care about the transfer fees, but we were repeatedly told 3-4 players to come in including a 3rd GK. Repeatedly. In defence of the club, 3 of them were out of our hands, but the the lack/quality of a backup plan has led to broken promises and that's annoyed me the most.

By all accounts the transfer dealings are done by Kenwright and Elstone - so I am looking at this as per usual.

Moshiri must be an idiot to leave those two in charge of transfers.

Koeman: "If we don't sign any player before Wednesday then I will be a little bit disappointed,"

I bet he's fuming.

But he left Southampton for us due to transfer ambition!

We were promised investment. Money in vs money out does not show investment; I actually think we've made money rather than spent it.

I don't care about the transfer fees, but we were repeatedly told 3-4 players to come in including a 3rd GK. Repeatedly. In defence of the club, 3 of them were out of our hands, but the the lack/quality of a backup plan has led to broken promises and that's annoyed me the most.

he's wiped the debt - that's investment. He got rid of an underperforming manager - spent big to bring in a big manager name and a proven talent spotter in Walsh.

He's well on the way with a stadium plan by the sounds of things - but because we never bowed to some ridiculous demands the man is all of a sudden a fraud? Nah, not having it. He didn't become a billionaire by being stupid - next step, get that clown elstone away from any dealings.

he's wiped the debt - that's investment. He got rid of an underperforming manager - spent big to bring in a big manager name and a proven talent spotter in Walsh.

He's well on the way with a stadium plan by the sounds of things - but because we never bowed to some ridiculous demands the man is all of a sudden a fraud? Nah, not having it. He didn't become a billionaire by being stupid - next step, get that clown elstone away from any dealings.

Has he wiped the debt? Have we released our accounts saying that since he came aboard?

Why would he get Elstone away from any dealings when he promoted him to the board as one of his first actions? I think we're stuck with that knob for a good while yet.

I assume you're talking to other people here or didn't read my posts?

He promised investment in the squad (I'll be more precise) but didn't specifiy how much. All players could be covered by TV + Stones money - I'm still convinced we spent less than that though. Am I hanging him out to dry as a fraud? No, I'm saying its a point of frustration. Do I blame the club for the transfers that fell through? No, it was out of their hands. Do I blame them for the miscommunication and not having better backup plans? Absolutely.

As for Elstone stepping away from anything, never mind dealings - Morishi put him on the board and therefore clearly trusts him.

Has he wiped the debt? Have we released our accounts saying that since he came aboard?

Why would he get Elstone away from any dealings when he promoted him to the board as one of his first actions? I think we're stuck with that knob for a good while yet.

It may have been to underwrite the debt in order to lessen the interest - but yes there was definitely something along those lines

Moshiri must be an idiot to leave those two in charge of transfers.

But he left Southampton for us due to transfer ambition!

"The project" has hit a fucking great speed bump, that's for sure.

He probably left Southampton thinking he could get a higher caliber of player, based on EVERYTHING Everton has over his old club. This window, we've been turned down by average players, in shite leagues...I mean Leicester (I know they fluked last year) have signed a highly sought after player. HE said “To join a team like Leicester City is a huge honour" Leicester. They've been in the top division for two years.

I assume you're talking to other people here or didn't read my posts?

He promised investment in the squad (I'll be more precise) but didn't specifiy how much. All players could be covered by TV + Stones money - I'm still convinced we spent less than that though. Am I hanging him out to dry as a fraud? No, I'm saying its a point of frustration. Do I blame the club for the transfers that fell through? No, it was out of their hands. Do I blame them for the miscommunication and not having better backup plans? Absolutely.

As for Elstone stepping away from anything, never mind dealings - Morishi put him on the board and therefore clearly trusts him.

I've read all posts - not sure what yo7u are on about.

did moshiri put Elstone on the board? No. My understanding was that Moshiri bought in his man and Kenwright bought in his man as a means of having voting allies.

I've read all posts - not sure what yo7u are on about.

did moshiri put Elstone on the board? No. My understanding was that Moshiri bought in his man and Kenwright bought in his man as a means of having voting allies.

You quoted me and implied I was saying he was a fraud, so I don't know if that's aimed at me or someone else

And as the majority shareholder, if he didn't put Elstone on the board directly he still approved the move. Might be the ally setup as you say

Edited by Matt

"The project" has hit a fucking great speed bump, that's for sure.

He probably left Southampton thinking he could get a higher caliber of player, based on EVERYTHING Everton has over his old club. This window, we've been turned down by average players, in shite leagues...I mean Leicester (I know they fluked last year) have signed a highly sought after player. HE said “To join a team like Leicester City is a huge honour" Leicester. They've been in the top division for two years.

I'm sure if we had Champions League football to offer then things would have been different

It wasn't all about players turning us down , by all accounts Brahimi, Kone and Gabiadini all wanted to come but the deals fell through because there clubs wanted ridiculous money

You quoted me and implied I was saying he was a fraud, so I don't know if that's aimed at me or someone else

And as the majority shareholder, if he didn't put Elstone on the board directly he still approved the move. Might be the ally setup as you say

yeah - I see what you mean. No - there are fans on twitter stating that Moshiri is a fraud. Not you, apologies.

It's early days guys. It's been a difficult window with inflated prices all round. In the light of day, I'm ok with us not spending big this window, with the proviso being that we do eventually spend big in either Jan or next summer and we get our top targets, not what is left over.

It's Valencia I'm not happy with. It's a middle of the road buy that's not an improvement on the existing squad members. It seems to me its a buy to make sure we have some over up front. I'd rather bring in an untested youngster personally.

For the Jan window to be successful we have to be Top 6 at the end of the year and looking good for Europe otherwise it'll be more of the same.

I don;t think you can judge Steve Walsh on this window. He's not had enough time to get his feet under the desk and if he didn't have some kind of restriction (probably period of time related) in his contract on transfer targets he'd already identified at Leicester I'd be shocked.

Time will tell and lets see where we are at Christmas. That will ultimately show how this window has impacted us.

And there's me thinking that we bought Williams, Gana, Sambou, Stekelenburg, Renshaw, Calvert- Lewin and loaned Valencia

And Bolasie.

That's 4 players who have gone into our starting XI, not looked out of place and have improved the overall quality of our squad. Yet our fans are whining today because our sugar daddy didn't piss a bunch of money up the wall so they could have a big name to brag about and make their dicks feel bigger. It's bullshit.

It's early days guys. It's been a difficult window with inflated prices all round. In the light of day, I'm ok with us not spending big this window, with the proviso being that we do eventually spend big in either Jan or next summer and we get our top targets, not what is left over.

It's Valencia I'm not happy with. It's a middle of the road buy that's not an improvement on the existing squad members. It seems to me its a buy to make sure we have some over up front. I'd rather bring in an untested youngster personally.

For the Jan window to be successful we have to be Top 6 at the end of the year and looking good for Europe otherwise it'll be more of the same.

I don;t think you can judge Steve Walsh on this window. He's not had enough time to get his feet under the desk and if he didn't have some kind of restriction (probably period of time related) in his contract on transfer targets he'd already identified at Leicester I'd be shocked.

Time will tell and lets see where we are at Christmas. That will ultimately show how this window has impacted us.

I discussed this with a fan not long ago. Such things are why you get garden leave in the commercial world - prevent competitors getting your intellectual property.

It would make sense that any "logged" transfer targets at Leicester were subject to them having first option to pursue and we would have to get approval to go for.

It has less to do about a "big name" and more to do about we are lacking some depth still when other signings were promised. The signings we've made have been great, but that doesn't mean we don't have holes.

I agree with you, but I'm also dealing in hyperbole because some of the reactions are absurd. Of course we have holes in the squad. And, we were told the club was hopeful about making several more signatures before the window ended.

By all accounts, we tried to fill those holes and, for one reason or another, the club either got screwed over or felt the need to back out of negotiations. We had targets and we didn't land them. Maybe there were things we could've done differently, but we can't change the clubs/agents/players we were dealing with. One club wanted a replacement first, another wanted 50m for a player worth nowhere near that, and another club knocked back every single bid even though the player wanted to leave. Onne player chose a champions league club and another turned his phone off after his club said yes.