IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Changes since Feb 27 2016.

Legitimate owner

Replaced RM with RK

Hired DoF

Replaced stones, howard, osman, pienaar and hibbert with Williams, Stek, Gueye and Bolasie and 2.4mill in the bank

Kept Rom

More stadium progress than previous 10 yrs

Sissoko chose champs league team (thankfully), Lucas perez chose champs league team, witsel chose european comp. Kone, Gabbiadini, Carvalho, Brahimi all kept by current team.

Gabbiadini for 30m vs. Valencia on loan seems like a wash to me. Valencia has at least played in the league and had some success. He's better than kone and we dont have to buy. Thats why its called an option.

This whole argument about deadline day. Leicester, Chelsea and Stoke were only teams to make significant signings. We should be happy that we dont consider Robson-Kanu, Mbokani, Arbeloa, Hendrick, Ndong, and some ManU u-23s as great signings.

Mid-April was my lowest point as an Evertonian. We are miles, MILES, ahead of where we were just 4-5 months ago. RM fucked us so badly there is only so much that can be done in each window. Top 10 by january within striking distance and RK/Walsh/Moshiri will sign more players and push on for european football. To me that is being realistic.

I can't help but think that Jim White is writing these himself.

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/771310450340265984

Add to this, for someone who is very private, why would he be texting a SkySports presenter?

And it's screenshot in the 'Notes' app.

A. Jim White is a bellend!

B. Why would he text a sky sports presenter and not put out an official statement from the club

C. Jim White is a bellend!

It's early days guys. It's been a difficult window with inflated prices all round. In the light of day, I'm ok with us not spending big this window, with the proviso being that we do eventually spend big in either Jan or next summer and we get our top targets, not what is left over.

It's Valencia I'm not happy with. It's a middle of the road buy that's not an improvement on the existing squad members. It seems to me its a buy to make sure we have some over up front. I'd rather bring in an untested youngster personally.

For the Jan window to be successful we have to be Top 6 at the end of the year and looking good for Europe otherwise it'll be more of the same.

I don;t think you can judge Steve Walsh on this window. He's not had enough time to get his feet under the desk and if he didn't have some kind of restriction (probably period of time related) in his contract on transfer targets he'd already identified at Leicester I'd be shocked.

Time will tell and lets see where we are at Christmas. That will ultimately show how this window has impacted us.

We did that, too.

The sky is falling! West ham are better! I love to hate this club!

Some serious overreaction on here and that's coming from a guy who usually overreacts :)

It was moshiri and Walsh first window, they learned some lessons. It will be better next time and going forward. We have a solid team and bought solid players early. The 2 TDD signings give us depth and Valencia is excited to play for us and will want to prove himself to further his career.

I meant on deadline day, Moshiri apparantly texting saying watch this space etc I am disappointed we never signed some real auality.

Valencia and the young lad dissapoint me also.

He never texted, that already came out as Jim white making shit up. It wasn't texts he shared it was iPhone notes app. FFS pad you're more intelligent than falling for this shit. Same with the 100m war chest, he never said that, journo made it up.

He never texted, that already came out as Jim white making shit up. It wasn't texts he shared it was iPhone notes app. FFS pad you're more intelligent than falling for this shit. Same with the 100m war chest, he never said that, journo made it up.

I never said anything about 100 mil but we had zero net spend and regardless of whether he text him directly or not it was said.

I'm disappointed is an understatement

Let me get this straight.

We get rid of some dead wood and replace it with better quality players, thus, improving our team and squad.

We also sell a wantaway player.

We do this and come out in profit.

And this is a bad thing? Hmmm OK.

I think people are annoyed at the fact that we were promised more, and the club failed to deliver despite still having a very healthy budget to spend.

I think people are annoyed at the fact that we were promised more, and the club failed to deliver despite still having a very healthy budget to spend.

I don't think we were ever "promised" more, though we did have the prospect of more, things for whatever reason didn't pan out. If we had a healthy budget to spend we now have a healthier one moving forward, let's see how it goes over the upcoming weeks/months before passing judgement.

I don't think we were ever "promised" more, though we did have the prospect of more, things for whatever reason didn't pan out. If we had a healthy budget to spend we now have a healthier one moving forward, let's see how it goes over the upcoming weeks/months before passing judgement.

exactly. look at the teams that did deals, just a handful (chelsea, hull, stoke, west brom) on TDD. Throughout the window there was less activity (the money totals were high but total moves was lower than usual) because other leagues are trying to hold Premier league clubs hostage for money. The premier league clubs aren't having it and this is the result. The clubs will all have to think of different strategies (maybe bid on 2 different players from different leagues/clubs to get a negotiating war of who gets the money) to get transfers in now.

Man U and Man City bought early, it paid off.

Edited by markjazzbassist

We were promised by Moshiri in his first statement that he would invest in the club, to which he has but only to an extent, and we were also promised signings after Bolasi, to which we had, but again, only to an extent.

I'm not annoyed about the outcome of the window, I'm annoyed that the club has been bigger up by the vapid and by the fans and we've not really made a real statement yet in the transfer world, it was implied inevitable.