IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

I don't think it was due to lack of funds, or trying. The fact is that the transfer window after a major championships are always more chaotic. This hasn't been helped in appointing a new manager, and a new director of football who both took time to get settled and identify targets. This meant we are behind other clubs in terms of setting up transfers.

Yet despite this we have got a better defense now than we had before the window started, we have a stronger midfield, and we are stronger in attack (although not by much). Did we get who we wanted to get no, but we didn't get screwed over paying way over the odds for Gabbiadini, or God help us sign Sissoko for £30 million pounds.

I fully expect us to sign the players Koeman wants over the coming 3 windows, as he always said it will take 2 years for him to get the squad he wants. Expecting to be done in 1 crazy window is just naive.

Morishi has got Koeman, got Walsh, and by all accounts getting us the stadium we need, so I'm going to trust that he will give us the players Koeman needs.

Faith my friends, time to cheer the club on and have faith.

Edited by London Blue

We were promised by Moshiri in his first statement that he would invest in the club, to which he has but only to an extent, and we were also promised signings after Bolasi, to which we had, but again, only to an extent.

I'm not annoyed about the outcome of the window, I'm annoyed that the club has been bigger up by the vapid and by the fans and we've not really made a real statement yet in the transfer world, it was implied inevitable.

He's bought 49% of the club, that's an investment is it not?

Second para reads like a google translate from Serbian :huh:.

We were promised by Moshiri in his first statement that he would invest in the club, to which he has but only to an extent, and we were also promised signings after Bolasi, to which we had, but again, only to an extent.

I'm not annoyed about the outcome of the window, I'm annoyed that the club has been bigger up by the vapid and by the fans and we've not really made a real statement yet in the transfer world, it was implied inevitable.

Moshiris first statement....

"I am delighted to join you here today at Goodison Park for my first match as a shareholder in Everton Football Club. I also felt it was fitting that my first message was in the matchday programme, with Everton being the first ever club to regularly produce one for home games. Indeed, it is this strong sense of tradition which appealed to me as I discussed the opportunity with Bill Kenwright to become part of the future of the Club.

It is a testament to the enduring quality and consistency of the Club that Everton has remained in the top flight of English football since 1954. In more recent times this has been achieved under the stewardship of Bill, Robert Elstone and all the team behind the scenes at the Club. I am here to support them as required to ensure the Club recaptures the glory days of the past and builds sustained success in the future.

I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future. We will also be looking at the best options in relation to our stadium. Goodison Park has served the Club extremely well, but we need to make sure the Club has a suitable stage to perform on for the future. We will review the best options and how to finance, especially as it is likely to cost a little more than the £3,000 it apparently did back in 1892.

Finally, and most importantly, Everton is about great football and winning matches. Good luck to Roberto and the boys against Chelsea today."

My question to people of your ilk AidanLewis, would be where does he say it'll all happen by 11pm on August 31st 2016?

I still keep reading about this £100 million on the forum. Yet no one can ever find a quote. It appears in a few red top rags, but nothing from anyone even closely associated with the club.

Moshiri has made very few public statements. His most recent one was after the Bolasie deal...

We are very pleased about todays signing but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad.

The chairman is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman.

So, Moshiri has let it be known that he fully supports what BK, Koeman and Walsh want in terms of transfer targets. He'll back them. He'll back the club. But, what I see here as quite important, he isn't going to interfere.

What we have learnt is that the extra TV money combined with Moshiris known wealth meant that clubs, players and agents were taking the piss. What we know is that we didn't buckle. We walked away. Next time clubs, agents and players will know how we will react. They can't shaft us up the shitter.

3 players we were close to signing would have come to £60 - £90 million. So we know we were going to spend but for various reasons it didn't happen. These deals didn't stop because we didn't have the money.

I could go on, quite a lot of good sense has been written by others but continues to get ignored by the same old same 'broken promises' and fictional budgets brigade. So I'm no doubt wasting my time (plus the little fella has just asked me to put him to bed...rare privilege!).

Straight and simple...Moshiri is being treat quite unreasonably by a number of our fans.

Moshiris first statement....

"I am delighted to join you here today at Goodison Park for my first match as a shareholder in Everton Football Club. I also felt it was fitting that my first message was in the matchday programme, with Everton being the first ever club to regularly produce one for home games. Indeed, it is this strong sense of tradition which appealed to me as I discussed the opportunity with Bill Kenwright to become part of the future of the Club.

It is a testament to the enduring quality and consistency of the Club that Everton has remained in the top flight of English football since 1954. In more recent times this has been achieved under the stewardship of Bill, Robert Elstone and all the team behind the scenes at the Club. I am here to support them as required to ensure the Club recaptures the glory days of the past and builds sustained success in the future.

I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future. We will also be looking at the best options in relation to our stadium. Goodison Park has served the Club extremely well, but we need to make sure the Club has a suitable stage to perform on for the future. We will review the best options and how to finance, especially as it is likely to cost a little more than the £3,000 it apparently did back in 1892.

Finally, and most importantly, Everton is about great football and winning matches. Good luck to Roberto and the boys against Chelsea today."

My question to people of your ilk AidanLewis, would be where does he say it'll all happen by 11pm on August 31st 2016?

I still keep reading about this £100 million on the forum. Yet no one can ever find a quote. It appears in a few red top rags, but nothing from anyone even closely associated with the club.

Moshiri has made very few public statements. His most recent one was after the Bolasie deal...

We are very pleased about todays signing but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad.

The chairman is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman.

So, Moshiri has let it be known that he fully supports what BK, Koeman and Walsh want in terms of transfer targets. He'll back them. He'll back the club. But, what I see here as quite important, he isn't going to interfere.

What we have learnt is that the extra TV money combined with Moshiris known wealth meant that clubs, players and agents were taking the piss. What we know is that we didn't buckle. We walked away. Next time clubs, agents and players will know how we will react. They can't shaft us up the shitter.

3 players we were close to signing would have come to £60 - £90 million. So we know we were going to spend but for various reasons it didn't happen. These deals didn't stop because we didn't have the money.

I could go on, quite a lot of good sense has been written by others but continues to get ignored by the same old same 'broken promises' and fictional budgets brigade. So I'm no doubt wasting my time (plus the little fella has just asked me to put him to bed...rare privilege!).

Straight and simple...Moshiri is being treat quite unreasonably by a number of our fans.

I'm not disappointed with the window as a whole I'm disappointed with the way TDD panned out. When we had 3 or 4 options in the last week of the window and to be shafted by a player like Sissoko is a bit of an anticlimax.

The club must have tried to bring several players in, I have no doubt about that, but we're not wheeling deals anymore we're not going to get players in this market for a cut price, not many teams in the league will, let alone one with money. My point is that I'm disappointed that the club has tried too hard to keep its integrity and not realised the prices of the current market and the demands for players will be much much higher.

We have to spend money to progress, every team that has been consistently successful over the Premier league era has.

Nobody said it'd have had to be done by this summer, but I think we was all expecting a start on the field.

Breaking news!

Everton buy Messi, Pogba and Suarez for a combined fee of 200m

They also let Niasse go for 201m

Everton fans in meltdown and want the board out as thier net spend is -1m

Only at Everton.

Shukes that's just a stupid statement mate. Firstly Stones is no Niasse he's one of the best young cb in the world and we haven't signed players of the quality you mentioned and most importantly we're badly short in certain areas.

We had agood window up until the last day but the last day was a farce.

Also Niasse is still here.

I'm still perplexed by the whole Jim White text thing.

If it wasn't true, don't you think an Everton spokes person would have at least dismiss or deny it?

If it was true, that's a little worrying.

Surely he wouldn't just make blatant lies up in front of millions of people. Would he??

Maybe Bill robbed his phone when he went to curl one out after his bacon sarnie on deadline day and the second one came when Moshiri forgot to take it with him when he flew down the chippy for a few sausage dinners for the lads working on deals.

I'm still perplexed by the whole Jim White text thing.

If it wasn't true, don't you think an Everton spokes person would have at least dismiss or deny it?

If it was true, that's a little worrying.

ToffeeTVs Ped has... a "calm" way of summarizing it

Edited by Matt

Shukes that's just a stupid statement mate. Firstly Stones is no Niasse he's one of the best young cb in the world and we haven't signed players of the quality you mentioned and most importantly we're badly short in certain areas.

We had agood window up until the last day but the last day was a farce.

Also Niasse is still here.

Over head, mate.

The point was that so many comments are pointing out that we finished the transfer window with a net gain.....and that's ridiculous.

It should be based on the strength of the squad after the window, not how much money we have spent.

I still say transfer prices don't have anything to do with the quality of a player anymore.

Wages are where our club can separate from the mid table label.

Over head, mate.

The point was that so many comments are pointing out that we finished the transfer window with a net gain.....and that's ridiculous.

It should be based on the strength of the squad after the window, not how much money we have spent.

I still say transfer prices don't have anything to do with the quality of a player anymore.

We're short on quality mate, that's the issue.

Over head, mate.

It's not that at all. The point is that we finished with money to spend to that should've gone towards strengthening the squad. Yes, fiscally we've done very well but this game is about winning games, and to win games you need depth and quality in the squad. Plus there's the supposed failure to "invest in the squad" as Morishi eluded to which is upsetting people.

When the average TV money of £80m per club in 2015/16 became £120m in 2016/17 season (so roughly £40m increase) plus £40m we saw after clauses were met for Stone, we should've had roughly £80m to invest without actually spending any of the supposed "Morishi money" - whether it was £10m or £100m is irrelevent; it seems nothing was invested from Morishi. Between players and new coaching staff (including the rumoured £12m Martinez pay off), we're roughly £9m better off. Again, financially thats great news but that money should've bought another player to push the squad on.

I'm reasonably happy with the window overall, but I'm annoyed that we missed out on a big, quality signing - no, Bolaise still isn't that for me yet. I agree with you, transfer fees are no guarantee of quality, but the importance this time around was showing that we're willing to look at the best and get them in. That in turn, turns players eyes and makes them take notice for the next window - like Robhino at City did for example - and you continue to improve in bigger steps. However, as I've said (and many others), the club cannot be blamed for losing out on our 3 "big money" targets on TDD (for the most part) so I'm trying to not let that taint what was otherwise a very productive 6 months or so since Morishi bought his share

By all accounts the transfer dealings are done by Kenwright and Elstone - so I am looking at this as per usual.

I'm irritated that we didn't get Perez Martinez - amateur.

Sissoko - bullet dodged, more concerned that we bid £30m for him.

Brahimi - they tried to rinse us for ridiculous money as he is part owned.

Gabbiadini - I expect us to get him in January when Napoli have back up sorted

other than that we signed a good keeper, Williams, Gueye and Bolassie - and got a talented player on loan. The squad is stronger with the emergence of Holgate and Davies. We kept Lukaku who many thought was as good as gone and wanted to keep.

The frustrating thing is Arsenal didn't even want him, they were offered him weeks ago and stated he wasn't in there plans. Panic buy for Wenger, be interesting to see how much game time he gets.

I'm not commenting that we couldn't and should have done better.

My comments are aimed at the posts specifically using the net gain as a point. To me that is tunnel vision.

I agree the last day was disappointing.

I agree we didn't get our marquee signing that we needed.

I also agree we need another few players.

My point is solely against the net gain argument.

The frustrating thing is Arsenal didn't even want him, they were offered him weeks ago and stated he wasn't in there plans. Panic buy for Wenger, be interesting to see how much game time he gets.

So, one possible interpretation is that Arsenal made this decision to spite Moshiri for investing in Everton. That would be petty in the extreme.

As with most things in life, let's look back in six months' time. Things may well look different by then: We're above Arsenal in the table, Lucas is sitting on their bench, and Sissoko is bad-mouthing the Spurs.

Oh. My. God. It gets muddier and muddier....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-investor-farhad-moshiri-provide-11835274

Everton investor Farhad Moshiri did provide Sissoko explanation to Sky Sports' Jim White

But the ECHO understands the statement WAS given to the high-profile anchorman by Moshiri.

Moshiri has suggested Everton chose not to pursue a deal for Moussa Sissoko because they wanted to ensure James McCarthy 's place at Goodison.

The Blues had a £30million offer for Sissoko accepted by Newcastle United before Wednesday night's transfer window closed only for the France international to eventually sign for Tottenham Hotspur.

So why has Sissoko claimed this not to be true?

Edited by Lowensda

People are reading in-between the lines.

Its the modern world way, everything is a conspiracy.

No honour or dignity left anymore....there has to be something sordid going on.

Transfer deals are complicated. It's that simple.

Sometimes they come off and sometimes they don't.

But let's not sack Moshiri just let eh?

Looks at Man City's transfers when they first came into money, they started the same as us. cant instantly attract superstars

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manchester-city/english-football-teams/manchester-city-transfers

If you discount the first season where they partially came into money (Shinawatra season) as a reflection of the ownership being resoundingly dodgy, they bought Robinho as a statement when they first came into money proper after the Abu Dhabi royal family takeover, and he was a massive name and coup at that time as far as I recall.

I think we ought to dispel this myth of Everton coming into money though because there is no evidence yet that we are going to even fully spend within our own means let alone dipping into the new owners own theoretical budget.

Maybe he'll entirely focus his own resources on a stadium but having said that, none of the new TV money has been invested so one might assume that those funds are going that way. If he's running it as a business then fine, just ought to make that known to all like Ashley did initially at Newcastle before softening and starting to spend some of his own cash.

I think the problem now is that if he were to come out and say that he's going to spend in January, next summer etc. then he may not be believed due to having insinuated that to be the case previously and before this window (or others having done so on his behalf, such as Bill when he introduced him).

The statement re. Sissoko and McCarthy is bizarre and almost embarrassing though and I still don't believe it's not a hoax. If it isn't though, then it's very weird to talk so naively about being a family and not wanting to sign any other players just in case the ones we've got get a bit down about it. Perhaps we can't get a new striker in January in case Rom's sensibilities may be upset as well then, and that's why no new No1 goalkeeper came in - just in case Stekelenburg got offended. Wonder why we bought Bolasie then, and Valencia. Did no one give any thought at all as to what it might do to the mental wellbeing of Geri, or Kev? Weird.