IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Three first teamers in Stekelenburg, Williams, and Gueye. Bolasie adds genuine competition to get the best out of our wingers. Valencia signing had underwhelmed most fans, but he's better option than Kone.

Today has been a shambles, but overall I'm happy with the business done this window.

Three first teamers in Stekelenburg, Williams, and Gueye. Bolasie adds genuine competition to get the best out of our wingers. Valencia signing had underwhelmed most fans, but he's better option than Kone.

Today has been a shambles, but overall I'm happy with the business done this window.

He's not better than kone. Full stop. Kone for all the stick he gets can actually bring some hold up play to Everton.

He's potentially a lot better than Kone, as said in another thread he's had bad injuries which have hampered his time at WestHam

Not excited by his arrival as we all expected much more but I'm intrigued to see how he gets on, if he can get back to his pre injury form then we've got a very useful player on our hands if not he goes back to WestHam

Fucked off but will back the lad

He's potentially a lot better than Kone, as said in another thread he's had bad injuries which have hampered his time at WestHam

Not excited by his arrival as we all expected much more but I'm intrigued to see how he gets on, if he can get back to his pre injury form then we've got a very useful player on our hands if not he goes back to WestHam

Fucked off but will back the lad

Potentially better than kone isn't good enough

Disappointed about today, but in general not too bad a window, as we have definitely improved since end of last season. With Gana, Bolaisie, Stekelenberg and Williams all improvements on what we had, Valencia may also be decent and can't be worse than Kone or Niasse. And let's not forget our new manager and dof have only just arrived.

Also think we have potentially dodged a bullet with Sissoko with the following comments from Paul Merson summing up the mercenary he is:

"It's unreal he can't even answer Ronald Koeman's call. What's the game coming to? This man is a legend for what he's done in football and he can't even pick the phone up and say 'I don't really want to sign for you, sorry!'"

Edited by Sherpa

I'm #TeamPete

Surprised at how downbeat everyone is. Decent start to the season, decent squad, kept Lukaku. For what it's worth I think Valencia could be a good signing (hell of a leap on him and with our wingers we will get plenty of crosses in).

Would Sissoko and Barkley even work as a CM pairing?

Waking up to see he hasn't signed has made me a lot more positive on the window than I was last night....

I think losing out on Sissoko isn't the problem, it's what I represents! We were told there would be more signings and we failed to deliver. We have done some good business this window and got some good players in, but what happened to the 'fabled war chest'? We spent less than we got for stones!

Now I know there is no use spunking money for the hell of it, look at Leeds, Newcastle and Villa, but then don't say after signing bolaise for a record amount that there's more to come!

And why leave it until the last day?? Utd, city, Liverpool they all did little or no business yesterday, and again I know we did early business but we still left it to late to get players in we needed, just like we left it ages to get a new manager, ages to get a DoF, ages to sort out a new stadium.

If we want to compete with the big boys again we seriously need to up our game. And hopefully that starts this morning. Our new investor needs to go into the board room today and start tearing some new arseholes!! Cause if he doesn't we are endanger of being left behind.

Edited by mogsy

So with the sale of Stones and Sky money in - VS The purchases of player in!!!!!!!!

Anyone like to guess how much our new Messiah actually spent of the £100 million budget promised?????

Edit- just seen previous post answering this question

who promised £100m to spend in this window? - I do not recall ever seeing any comment from the club or moshiri saying we had that to spend.

would fans haver been happier if we paid £40m for brahimi, £30m for Sissoko and £30m for Gabbiadini? - the reaction to spending £7m on Gueye at the time makes me think if we spend £25m on him then fans would have been euphoric.

We are still governed by FFP - why are we going to just blow excessive money in order to pacify fans. The biggest miss was not getting Perez Martinez done and dusted - other than that other teams were playing silly games and I'm pleased we didn't fall for it.

who promised £100m to spend in this window? - I do not recall ever seeing any comment from the club or moshiri saying we had that to spend.

would fans haver been happier if we paid £40m for brahimi, £30m for Sissoko and £30m for Gabbiadini? - the reaction to spending £7m on Gueye at the time makes me think if we spend £25m on him then fans would have been euphoric.

We are still governed by FFP - why are we going to just blow excessive money in order to pacify fans. The biggest miss was not getting Perez Martinez done and dusted - other than that other teams were playing silly games and I'm pleased we didn't fall for it.

I wonder if you'd be quite so calm about it all if Kenwright was still running the show and not Moshiri?

Anyway, the dust has settled and I'm still pissed off but this is what we've got until January now. So let's hope for no major injuries to key players, our better performing players to stay in form and for out of form players to find form again, and let's kick some arse!

I wonder if you'd be quite so calm about it all if Kenwright was still running the show and not Moshiri?

Anyway, the dust has settled and I'm still pissed off but this is what we've got until January now. So let's hope for no major injuries to key players, our better performing players to stay in form and for out of form players to find form again, and let's kick some arse!

By all accounts the transfer dealings are done by Kenwright and Elstone - so I am looking at this as per usual.

I'm irritated that we didn't get Perez Martinez - amateur.

Sissoko - bullet dodged, more concerned that we bid £30m for him.

Brahimi - they tried to rinse us for ridiculous money as he is part owned.

Gabbiadini - I expect us to get him in January when Napoli have back up sorted

other than that we signed a good keeper, Williams, Gueye and Bolassie - and got a talented player on loan. The squad is stronger with the emergence of Holgate and Davies. We kept Lukaku who many thought was as good as gone and wanted to keep.