IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

why do people judge the window on the last day? i just posted the depth chart, we need a striker that's it, we're playing well and got some great signings in early. FFS some fickle fuckers on here

Completely agree. However Valencia for 14.5 and sissoko for 30 would undo all the early greatness. Rather do nothing but watch niasse and mcgeady leave.

i don't compare it on any of those. did we fill the positions we need to? do the players we have fit the style we play? can we be successful with what we have and have brought in?

yes. leicester signed a bunch of nobodies and won the league lasts year, you gonna tell me that man united had the better window since they spent 100m on a bunch of joe big names? i hope not

Did we fill the positions we need to? I'd say no. We need a striker (probably two), and have needed a creative mid for years. Do the players fit the style of play? Yes, but so did the ones that left or that we already have in similar positions. Gueye aside, who is the one shining light. Can we be successful with what we have? Well why not, but my query was what do we have now that is better than we had last season. The above points don't really answer my query as to why you think the window has been great. Great is quite a statement, and from what I've seen the window has been benign, Gueye aside. Bolasie may prove to be a good signing, but could equally be the opposite so only time will tell.

Not questioning your optimism as everybody is sharing in it in view of the very positive start and strong foundations laid, but in terms just of the transfer window, the window has been far from great.

We are going to be fucked in January when half our squad buggers off to the ACN, especially when the injuries that usually occur at that time start to pile up!

Whats even worse is that we havent been able to get rid of any of the dead wood that shouldnt be playing for us ever again.

Witsel - Had contract, all agreed, wanted a big move the Juve (that didn't materialise) stayed at Zenit.

Ghezzal - Rejected outright because of a lack of European football.

Lucas - Bid submitted, accepted and all a go, until Arsenal came snooping and turned his head.

Mata - We held talks, he was potentially interested but Mourinho has shown some faith and been rewarded.

Carvalho - Also has a proposal on the table, still deciding his future (realistically it won't be us)

Martina - Looks like it's dead in the water following an injury crisis at Saints.

Gabbiadini- Looking incredibly unlikely.

Brahimi - not happening.

Kone - Probably not happening.

We might get enner Valencia though, not all bad....:lol: I laugh to not cry.

We paid out some big money for a "top player" recruitment team...not done the business after the earlier good start.

We are going to be fucked in January when half our squad buggers off to the ACN, especially when the injuries that usually occur at that time start to pile up!

Whats even worse is that we havent been able to get rid of any of the dead wood that shouldnt be playing for us ever again.

Very good points.

Who goes? Gana, Kone, Bolasie....who am I missing???