Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

not sure how I feel about that to be honest. I agree with the premise but it would completely undermine democracy

Errr double or quits? Best of 3? I wasn't ready you cheated!!!

The whole thing has been an absolute embarrassment from start to finish. It allowed alot of people to air and protest against issues. Maybe alot of people used 'leave' as a vote against the establishment.

Cameron played it wrong like the arrogant prat he is.

I was 50/50 on my vote but decided quite early which way I was going.... before all the pathetic media manipulation.

It appears that much of the IN scaremongering is unfounded with the US stating support and pound responding etc. It also appears that LEAVE have looked like rabbits in headlights since they won.

Let's get the right leader in and ride the waves. I'm really optimistic about it all.

Errr double or quits? Best of 3? I wasn't ready you cheated!!!

The whole thing has been an absolute embarrassment from start to finish. It allowed alot of people to air and protest against issues. Maybe alot of people used 'leave' as a vote against the establishment.

Cameron played it wrong like the arrogant prat he is.

I was 50/50 on my vote but decided quite early which way I was going.... before all the pathetic media manipulation.

It appears that much of the IN scaremongering is unfounded with the US stating support and pound responding etc. It also appears that LEAVE have looked like rabbits in headlights since they won.

Let's get the right leader in and ride the waves. I'm really optimistic about it all.

I don't see one.

Boris is odds-on.

Laughing stock of the world if that happens.

I think there will be a snap election.

The new fixed term act makes that less likely, government can't just call one when they want to unlike in the past; can only happen in these circumstances...

If the House of Commons resolves "That this House has no confidence in Her Majesty's Government", an early general election is held, unless the House of Commons subsequently resolves "That this House has confidence in Her Majesty's Government". This second resolution must be made within fourteen days of the first.
If the House of Commons, with the support of two-thirds of its total membership (including vacant seats), resolves "That there shall be an early parliamentary general election".

and I don't think it should either. Time for people to unite regardless of whether you voted in or out

It's still getting around 2,000 sigs a minute currently, but like I said it won't make any difference.

I accept the result Matt but I sure as hell won't "unite" with anyone over it.

The bus doesnt say "lets spend all of it on the nhs every week"

If the NHS receives £10m a week "net" of our old EU expenditure.... then that is actually funding the NHS.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere on the Leave campaign:

97905329_BRISTOL_ENGLAND_-_MAY_14__Conse

So yeah, they were saying invest it all. Now they're saying it won't happen.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere on the Leave campaign:

So yeah, they were saying invest it all. Now they're saying it won't happen.

Good find, It's only Farage who's said it won't happen though (as far as I know) and he's irrelevant. If someone in the "official" camp who is likely to have some power/say in what happens to the money comes out and says "it's not going to go to the NHS" then it's another matter; but we won't know that 'til we know who's going to be in charge.

The problem with giving all of it to the NHS is that the thousands of regional projects that benefited hugely from our rebate (Liverpool being a prime example) will get sod all.

The most blatant and shameful lie of the campaign from either side imo; and they did it knowingly.

Bullying? Playing the victim again are we Pete. You replied a post I made that had absolutely nothing racist in it with an accusation of me being Racist... not for the first time has this happened and right up till that point to this thread was absolutely fine. You clearly fancied a response and by fuck you got one. So stop licking your wounds and bleating to the mods.

How the fuck dare you call me racist? I find racism abhorrent. You know fuck all about my background and why I detest racism - watching my best friend as a child from 8 till 15 suffer bullying as second generation Jamaican immigrant. Watching him not be allowed into shops or followed round because the shop owners thought he would steal.

You are a nob... I'm stating a fact for the very reason above. Don't lock horns with me on shit like this unless you really have good grounds - you don't, now kindly shut the fuck up.

Hmmm not being bullying and aggressive here are you? And you've still not addressed it though have yer?

Apparently it's okay to be racist if you have a friend. Well done Haf.

Cheers Strawman, do you even know how horrible you are?

Pete, cut it out. Last warning.

I agree; Haf is very opinionated on many things (fair enough, and I often disagree with him) but I've not seen anything racist from him at all.

Slightest sniff we'll come down heavy on racist comments, it's in the TT "constitution".

I'm probably two pages late, but the £350m for the NHS thing... If anyone read that and thought the out vote was to get that money to the NHS you are a fucking idiot. You were my voting for this to happen, you were not voting for Boris, Gove or Farage to get into power. You were voting to leave the EU. The slogan about the £350m was not written by anyone in a position to decide where that money goes, so if you thought that would happen just by voting their way you are just a dumb ass! It held as much power as me saying it could be spent on education, I don't decide where the money goes.

For the record, I voted out, but I wasn't voting for any of these guys. That wasn't one of the options.

I'm probably two pages late, but the £350m for the NHS thing... If anyone read that and thought the out vote was to get that money to the NHS you are a fucking idiot. You were my voting for this to happen, you were not voting for Boris, Gove or Farage to get into power. You were voting to leave the EU. The slogan about the £350m was not written by anyone in a position to decide where that money goes, so if you thought that would happen just by voting their way you are just a dumb ass! It held as much power as me saying it could be spent on education, I don't decide where the money goes.

For the record, I voted out, but I wasn't voting for any of these guys. That wasn't one of the options.

Or you just believed the the out camp when they told you something. Does that make you a fucking idiot?

Debatable.

I don't see how you can believe them when they are not in a position to make that decision though Mike. They aren't in a job that gives them the authority to do it. Me and you have as much power to make that happen as they do. If anyone believes they can make that happen from their position, yes, that makes them stupid IMO.