Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

just curious, but why?

Because the way the EU is/was heading.

If it had stayed as a union based purely on trading, no problem. But slowly and surely the EU is evolving in a way it was not meant to.

European countries, and countries worldwide actually, can work together without having an 'EU'.

Because the way the EU is/was heading.

If it had stayed as a union based purely on trading, no problem. But slowly and surely the EU is evolving in a way it was not meant to.

European countries, and countries worldwide actually, can work together without having an 'EU'.

If one of the founding principles of your organisation is "an ever closer union" it was exactly meant to be more than just a singe market.

There are a lot of problems facing the world an Europe that, I believe, EU is much better equipped of handling (immigration, global warming, terrorism, international finance, ..) than every country individually.

Britain always had one foot outside the door; I don't think there are a lot of implications for other countries leaving. Although I understand Farage highlighting certain far-right parties as it is in his best intrest to not have to face a bloc.

To echo the words of the late Robin Day (that I quoted before): You saw through that. Are you just smarter than everyone else? (The truth is, most people saw through it but didn't let that put them off voting for the 'right' reasons.)

im certainly not smarter but I invested the time to justify my opinion. Got to say, this thread has been enlightening with some very good points for Leave, and I went from being "this is stupid" to "ok, it's not as clear cut as I thought". My anger isn't directed at the people here, I respect nearly everyone on the forum, but directed at the people who didn't put any thought into it. Edited by Matt

If one of the founding principles of your organisation is "an ever closer union" it was exactly meant to be more than just a singe market.

There are a lot of problems facing the world an Europe that, I believe, EU is much better equipped of handling (immigration, global warming, terrorism, international finance, ..) than every country individually.

Britain always had one foot outside the door; I don't think there are a lot of implications for other countries leaving. Although I understand Farage highlighting certain far-right parties as it is in his best intrest to not have to face a bloc.

We'll still face problems together on a worldwide scale. We've only voted put of the EU as it is, we haven't voted to leave the world behind.

The UK will still help in combating terrorism. We will still be a player in the world that we live.

But let's be honest, some other issues we face will always exist. And we do help cause those problems in the first place.

couldn't be happier, i haven't been able to do Europe since i last toured there with a band since it's so expensive. now with the Pound dropping i might be able to actually visit an Everton match.

Better be quick because it will, and is, climbing again!

I, for one, am extremely proud that the British public decided to be brave and take control of their own destiny. I'll be even prouder if it comes to pass that our bravery gave other countries the courage to ask for change as well. And that won't half fly in the face of the claims that Brexit would diminish our influence. Effecting monumental change across Europe? I think that's pretty influential myself.

I must say I'm loving that this result has got politicians scrambling round as it dawns on them that the people put them where they are and they damn well tear them right back down.

time to apply for that US green card since your wife is american. we'll welcome you with open arms mate, come visit in new orleans.

not a chance mate. Human rights in the US is horrendous.

Wondering how this affects my daughter this afternoon. She should still apply for citizenship, we were going to sort out her passport when we visit in August. Poor girl is going to be nations of GB and the US. A few years ago that was something to be excited about.

Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

Scotland voted 62/38 to stay in Donald. They plan to hold another independence referendum and rejoin.

Place is quite likely going wild, but not for the reason you think.

Could be the end of the uk. Scotland Independence, N Ireland absorbs into Ireland. Some heavy shit.

Second bit won't happen; the North are very patriotic (the protestant majority that is), but they did vote approx 56/44 to stay in. Won't follow Scotland though.