Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

Seems like pressure is mounting in other countries in the EU to follow suit.

I think many will leave also. If they do, they'll all be responsible for governing their own countries but they'll get together to devise revised trade agreement.

Edited by Lowensda

genuinely disappointed in people this morning - not on here.

People who vote in believe its right because of unity, democracy, etc etc - I have seen incidents where people who have voted out have been rounded on by packs of bullies.

The amount of times I have been told "I can't believe it can you?" - with an enquiring look as a means of investigating whether I "was one of them".....

thats not on. I don't agree with the decision made but now more than ever is the time for unity (how ironic).

Absolutely. It can only work with unity. Doesn't need to get nasty. It's done, the PM's a pussy, let's get a proper/true leader in! (not sure who like)

genuinely disappointed in people this morning - not on here.

People who vote in believe its right because of unity, democracy, etc etc - I have seen incidents where people who have voted out have been rounded on by packs of bullies.

The amount of times I have been told "I can't believe it can you?" - with an enquiring look as a means of investigating whether I "was one of them".....

just highlight that idiots on both sides exist. Very sad day

sold on false promises though.

I know what you mean Matty, I really do.

But the way I view politicians is that we want them to listen to us. We can't then complain when they do listen and give us what we want. Or what the majority want.

We'll never get 100% buy in on any decision. But everybody had a fair chance to vote. That's all we can ask for. That's as close to democracy as we may get.

I know what you mean Matty, I really do.

But the way I view politicians is that we want them to listen to us. We can't then complain when they do listen and give us what we want. Or what the majority want.

We'll never get 100% buy in on any decision. But everybody had a fair chance to vote. That's all we can ask for. That's as close to democracy as we may get.

to be honest, what's disappointed me most (there are several things) is that neither side actually made a solid case and the public were forced to vote without the correct information.

You'll never get 100% of course, but any decision taken should be taken on facts, not false promises by selfish pricks who are more interested in furthering their career

Also, not everyone mate ;)

to be honest, what's disappointed me most (there are several things) is that neither side actually made a solid case and the public were forced to vote without the correct information.

You'll never get 100% of course, but any decision taken should be taken on facts, not false promises by selfish pricks who are more interested in furthering their career

The information is out there if people make the effort to find it, which they should have done for an important vote. For a start, this site provided a wealth of information with posters like holystove explaining and clarifying all sorts of issues relating to the EU which we probably didn't understand. At the end of the day, I think it was down to apathy on the part of many voters who probably would have voted 'remain'. Voting for the 'status quo' never fired people up as a project. Its raining, everyone will be voting to remain so there's no point in us getting wet.

Yeah for sure.

The false information is one of my biggest frustrations with this whole campaign. The way these politicians have acted for both sides has been shambolic. Really opened my eyes to how they work. Terrible.

We march on.

Politics and sport are 2 different entities. Or supposed to be.

We've voted out of the EU as it is today. If the EU stayed as a trading only union, I am sure there wouldnt have been a problem. We are still in the G8, G20, UN..

And whatever else!!!

Nothing.

There are 28 (soon to be 27) members of the EU and there are 54 UEFA members.

OK thanks - I wasn't sure if it had any bearing on that aspect.

As a yank looking at this, I'm pretty shocked to say the least. But probably not as shocked as you'll be the morning after the US votes Trump in.

As a yank looking at this, I'm pretty shocked to say the least. But probably not as shocked as you'll be the morning after the US votes Trump in.

Now that is the truest post I have read on this site in a long while!

The information is out there if people make the effort to find it, which they should have done for an important vote. For a start, this site provided a wealth of information with posters like holystove explaining and clarifying all sorts of issues relating to the EU which we probably didn't understand. At the end of the day, I think it was down to apathy on the part of many voters who probably would have voted 'remain'. Voting for the 'status quo' never fired people up as a project. Its raining, everyone will be voting to remain so there's no point in us getting wet.

trouble is, people can be lazy, already have their ideals so fuck the evidence to challenge it, indifferent so follow the media coverage...

I tried reading as much as I could; I'm a firm believer (these days) of trying to understand the other side of the argument as much as mine. It's the only way to ever progress.

The non-voters... There was a time that I would've agreed with their stance if it was out of indifference but never for laziness.

Whatever your choice, unless it was a racial / bigoted reason, fair enough. I'm disappointed, to say the very least, but more in the fact we arrived at this point.

Looks like Cameron paid the price for not looking at the concerns of 17m people. His only argument was the economic growth the idea that look after the rich and their investments will look after the poor. Well that's not the full reality. All many have seen recently is the rise in population causing house prices to rise to levels were disposable income is akin to a paper round. With extortionately priced tiny new builds on green belt land to cram everyone in one vision of the future if we remained.

Looks like Cameron paid the price for not looking at the concerns of 17m people. His only argument was the economic growth the idea that look after the rich and their investments will look after the poor. Well that's not the full reality. All many have seen recently is the rise in population causing house prices to rise to levels were disposable income is akin to a paper round. With extortionately priced tiny new builds on green belt land to cram everyone in one vision of the future if we remained.

Paid the price? He's fucked the country over, created a rift between an entire country (and the UK) and now he's fucking off before it kicks off. He's not paid any price. He's a chicken shit who couldn't bare the consequences of the referendum he agreed to.

He needs to be strung up.

fuck that arrogant cunt. I'm more concerned about the people.

Jesus can you imagine, trump on one side of the Atlantic and Boris Johnson on the other!!! Can I still get on that mission to Mars???

What happens to UK teams in terms of UEFA membership and Champions League?

To expand upon previous responses, EU and Europe are two entirely separate aspects, though it's easy to understand how those outside of Europe might not be clear on this.

To leave Europe, and thus not be eligible for UEFA and CL participation, we'd have to literally remove our islands and physically relocate them to another continent.

Even then we might still be eligible for CL, Israeli teams being an example of European Champs League not being entirely European.

An analogy would be the USA leaving NATO. If they were to do so, it doesn't mean that they would be moving away from the North Atlantic....

the US is always looking for a 51st state, maybe we'll extend an offer ;)

Joking aside, it's not inconceivable that a closer political/ economic alliance with USA might come out of this, though it's difficult to see what you might get from that in comparison with how we'd benefit.

USA is fairly self sustaining in comparison to UK, so relies far less on imports than we do. As long as Trump was nowhere near DC then it wouldn't be a bad thing IMO. We'd have to negotiate our being the 1st state rather than 51st though...