Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

MikeO, I once read that there are more 'suns/stars' in the universe than there are grains of sand on the whole of the earth. I find this difficult to believe as you should see the number of grains of sand in the block paving on my drive for a start!

:lol:

I've heard that one too; it's astonishing. If you start trying to imagine the size of the universe and the colossal speed at which it's expanding your head will explode. And then there's the question, "What's it expanding into?" The mind boggles.

:lol:

I've heard that one too; it's astonishing. If you start trying to imagine the size of the universe and the colossal speed at which it's expanding your head will explode. And then there's the question, "What's it expanding into?" The mind boggles.

Even though I don't understand half of it I'm fascinated by space and the universe etc. Love watching the programmes on the BBC like Wonders of the Solar System.

Even though I don't understand half of it I'm fascinated by space and the universe etc. Love watching the programmes on the BBC like Wonders of the Solar System.

I detested Brian Cox at first, but came to really appreciate him. Very funny guy and a Remain voter :67:

I'm dirt because I voted leave in your eyes then? Very tolerantof other people's views, Matt, I'm sure Ghandi would be proud! :unsure:

I get his point: Just because UKIP and their rowdy supporters support Leave, that doesn't mean a majority of Leave voters are like them.

Steves answered it for me.

edit: and from what Ten told me, you are a very dirty boy

Edited by Matt

I get his point: Just because UKIP and their rowdy supporters support Leave, that doesn't mean a majority of Leave voters are like them.

Simply; not all leave supporters are racist bigots. but all racist bigots are leave supporters.

Many in here who've voted leave I like a lot and that's not going to change; I say again it's been great to have an almost exclusively civilised discussion on it, we've put the politicians to shame.

I thought you would support the EU, didn't you put something about them acknowledging Cornish as a minority whereas Britain wouldn't?

I mentioned before that I was completely on the fence - with reservations either way. In the end, I support Leave purely as a negotiation tactic to win real concessions with the longer term goal of remaining in. If we don't do that, the EU will play scolding parent.

I'm simply relaying the sentiments I hear from family and friends. It doesn't mean it's logical, but it's how we feel. Europe, when I was growing up, was something "over there", and we were not part of it. Britain entered a Common Market, with emphasis on Market. Several years later, Britons, a little reluctantly, voted to remain in Europe despite significant misgivings. We joined this club because of trade, and that was it. We didn't join to become part of this charter or that regulation, this policy or that restriction, or to see our political destiny joined at the hip with Europe. Unlike countries on the continent, in my opinion, we still do not feel we're really a part of Europe and don't want a closer political union. Blame it on history, culture, isolationism, pride, misinformation, arrogance, whatever you want, but that's the way it is. Frankly, I don't think Europeans get this. Clearly, you don't.

Steve, I do get it and it's why I've stated from the beginning that I hope Leave wins. I also genuinely respect people who vote Leave because they have zero affinity with the European project (with the premise that they are informed of course).

By the way, even among continentals I am in the big minority with my conviction that it would be in every European citizen's best interest for there to be a "united states" of Europe.

My reply to your post wasn't about all of that. I replied to your statement that

1/ bureaucrats decide policy

2/ that it would ever be feasible for Russia to get a better trade deal than the UK.

That just shows such a level of "misunderstanding" (stronger terms may apply) that it pains me that such convictions are held by your family and friends.

Anyway, go Blues..

I mentioned before that I was completely on the fence - with reservations either way. In the end, I support Leave purely as a negotiation tactic to win real concessions with the longer term goal of remaining in. If we don't do that, the EU will play scolding parent.

So vote out, to theem vote back in. It seems a little wrong, as a union no one should get special treatment otherwise it won't work.

Duncan Smith, patronising shit, "voting in council estates is high", so those in social housing are somehow different from the rest of us?

Farage has apparently said that he thinks remain have won it.

That's been my feeling all along. Be interesting to see how close it was/is though.

Hmmm, turning a bit.

Newcastle vote far closer than predicted. Squeeky bum time for remain.

This is going to be close, love election night programmes, I'll probably be up for hours. Luckily I have no reason to get up early in the morning.

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

The likes of Birmingham and Liverpool will be pro remain, big numbers there. I wouldn't be too worried.

I am worried.

Only one good thing can come of this; a genuine (hopefully relatively peaceful) revolution. But, the way the Torys have dealt it, its going to be civil war