IGNORED

Who do you want to replace Lukaku

all within our reach, i'm not going to put a griezmann in here cause that's not realistic.

alexandre lacazette from lyon
michy batshuayi from marseille
inaki williams from athletic bilbao
borja from atletico madrid (currently at eibar on loan)
pierre-michel lasogga from hamburg

valere germain from nice

ousmane dembele from rennes

mauro icardi from inter milan

cedric bakumbu from villareal

paco alcacer from valencia

islam slimani from sporting cp

leo bonatini from gd estoril

Ben Yedder....25, 19 goals this season. Fast, two footed. Similar to Mirallas

Ruben Castro...... 34, 22 goals this seaon. Great cheap Kone replacement.

Vincent Janssen, 21, 35 goals this season. Tall, strong, great in the air.

Paolo Dybala 22, 25 goals this season. Not a chance in hell. (but hey, we can dream right?)

Paolo Dybala 22, 25 goals this season. Not a chance in hell. (but hey, we can dream right?)

I wouldn't be to sure on that one Juve look set to sign Bernadi from Sassuolo and from what I've read they won't accommodate both so looks like he could be on the move

Anyone think Ineanacho would be worth a punt, Peps arrival will more than likely kill his chances of playing looks a bit raw but has all the tools go become a very good forward

I still think Hernandez would be a good signing he's done well in Germany and always thought he looked decent over here shock move to Madrid aside I think he's a good player

I'd rather replace him with two players as I don't like playing one upfront its easy to isolate and counter (along with two holding mids which can fuck off as well)

Just two off the top of my head I'll have a good think and come back to it

I'm scratching my head to come up with realistic replacements, but I'm wondering; what do we want from the replacement? Do we want only one?

Personally, I want goals. It's what wins games after all and my basic defence of Rom even when he's been a dick. I don't believe the striker should be a worker (used to, Yak used to piss me off immensely but when you saw the impact of making him work...), a striker is there to score goals. Defence and midfield you can play around with, but striker and goalkeeper are 1 dimensional positions: score or prevent goals.

Apparently Barca are prepping some giant bid for him. I don't know why anybody goes to a side that already has a front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez (unless they plan on going all Tonya Harding on one of them). Players do it, though. But, I'd take all of that Lukaku money and throw it his way. Some fucking player!

Pace is one must for me. Can't have a slow forward in the modern game. Wouldn't mind if they could shoot from distance too. Seen so many long range goals at GP over the years, but most of them against us! Ideally someone about to hit their prime, not someone on the decline (though Ronaldo and Zlatan are on the decline and I'd take both of them).

Interesting that people mention players from the French and Dutch leagues but nothing so far from the domestic game... what about Andre Gray? The step up he made from non-league to Championship when he went from Luton to Brentford was Vardy-esque, has just fired Burnley into the Prem and been voted best player in that league. 24, hungry, quick - yet we only look abroad. I don't get it.

Problem is most teams play with only one striker these days. Meaning they are harder to come by.

As I said in the other thread, average strikers are banging in 10-15 goals because they have 3 attacking mids behind them.

So, I'll go in a slightly different direction and say that getting the right 3 men behind the striker is more important.

Problem is most teams play with only one striker these days. Meaning they are harder to come by.

As I said in the other thread, average strikers are banging in 10-15 goals because they have 3 attacking mids behind them.

So, I'll go in a slightly different direction and say that getting the right 3 men behind the striker is more important.

agreed

I want a striker who:-

Has pace

Strong

Finishes

Technically sound

Good in the air

Good work rate - team play

Sounds tough doesn't it? Not many strikers tick all those boxes.

Vincent Jansenn, breel embolo tick many if not all boxes. Lacazette a raw pacey finisher. there's a load.

Edited by Hafnia

ding ding ding! nailed it. we can get twice the player if they're not english. we've got enough english already with our first team and academy, quota is fulfilled, now bring in the foreign lads.

yep, now we need a good coach to gel the foreign contingent with our fresh upstarts. i think striker and GK are two areas we should dip in abroad. some of the good english strikers are already at high places.

I want a striker who:-

Has pace

Strong

Finishes

Technically sound

Good in the air

Good work rate - team play

Sounds tough doesn't it? Not many strikers tick all those boxes.

Vincent Jansenn, breel embolo tick many if not all boxes. Lacazette a raw pacey finisher. there's a load.

you watched any of those suggested week in, week out?

you watched any of those suggested week in, week out?

No. I just typed 16+ on all those attributes on football manager and they are the names I got...

Embolo came to my attention here and I did some research after.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27398-breel-embolo/?fromsearch=1

Jansenn.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27823-vincent-janssen/

Do I need to watch them week in week out???

Edited by Hafnia

No. I just typed 16+ on all those attributes on football manager and they are the names I got...

Embolo came to my attention here and I did some research after.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27398-breel-embolo/?fromsearch=1

Jansenn.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27823-vincent-janssen/

Do I need to watch them week in week out???

Where did you get those stats?

Lacazette is rumored to go to a UCL club so hard to get.

Did anyone mention Milik yet?

It's pretty much a written rule that players who score goals in Seria A at a young age can score goals anywhere in Europe. Based on the principle of that league - ultra defensive

Maybe we should be looking there.

Edited by MC11

all within our reach, i'm not going to put a griezmann in here cause that's not realistic.

alexandre lacazette from lyon

michy batshuayi from marseille

inaki williams from athletic bilbao

borja from atletico madrid (currently at eibar on loan)

pierre-michel lasogga from hamburg

valere germain from nice

ousmane dembele from rennes

mauro icardi from inter milan

cedric bakumbu from villareal

paco alcacer from valencia

islam slimani from sporting cp

leo bonatini from gd estoril

Batshuayi - strong, finisher, young

Inaki Williams - fastest player in Spain, finisher, young

Borja - goals goals goals goals, injuries, young

Dembele - signed with Dortmund

ICardi - poacher, lethal finisher, young

Bakumbu - fast as hell, finisher, great movement

Alcacer - false nine, very hard worker

Slimani - target man, great in the air

Bonatini - young Brazilian, fast, strong, clinical. Get him now before he's worth 80m

There you go Steve or whoever wanted the player breakdowns