IGNORED

Who do you want to replace Lukaku

Again MC, no one has said he is worth £18m, just that's what it would probably take for them to let him go.

Didn't West Ham have £20m rejected for him (and £15m for Richie) a few weeks ago?

He looks very good but not £20m good (yet) but then again Lukaku doesn't look the £65m player being touted.

As you say, that's the price these days.

To replace Lukaku we need a big target man who is fast, strong, good on the ground and not bad in the air who can score a lot of goals. Preferably quite young too. If he doesn't fill that criteria he is hardly a replacement

That's an upgrade Rubes, Lukaku doesn't use his size well and is piss poor in the air

Plus your looking for like for like the world doesn't spin like that and who's to say we will play the same way that Martinez wanted to, there's an abundance of players who score plenty who are far from that mould

Edited by EFC-Paul

We'll be needing to bring in at least 2 strikers and I know he's coming off the back of a poor season with Atletico but I'd love it if we could nab Vietto.

2 strikers, AMC, CM, CB, RB and Keeper. 7 players for 150m?

Just saying that is insane :lol:

£20m per player average? Nice.... means we should be able to get a couple of £30m plus players and some £15m players just as the cheaper options....

if stones says i don't think we need a CB. stones mori jags galloway pennington etc. should be fine. RB is just cover that should be around 8-10m, CM we have mccarthy barry besic davies, so i think we're fine there too unless koeman doesn't like one of them.

big money on strikers and AMC (sorry barkley) and keeper for me.

for me, the Keeper and AMC are 70% of the budget, WC striker too and it's all gone on 3 players

£30m ST

£25m AMC

£20m GK

To be fair that is a hefty chunk. Still think our priority for when Rom leaves, is a decent replacement. That being said, I read that the £100m to spend was irrelevant of players sold and that their fees would be in addition to. So that could be up to £140/50m with Rom's price (if people are willing to pay it).

Edited by Lowensda

£30m ST

£25m AMC

£20m GK

To be fair that is a hefty chunk. Still think our priority for when Rom leaves, is a decent replacement. That being said, I read that the £100m to spend was irrelevant of players sold and that their fees would be in addition to. So that could be up to £140/50m with Rom's price (if people are willing to pay it).

yeah that looks right. Especially if ROM stays. Barkley will have to nut up and own that AMC spot or get the AMC on the wing like Silva/DeBruyne type.

I really hope Koeman shifts him. Can certainly attract better players. Attitude stinks.

agree to disagree, but i'm one of the few who want him to stay. If he leaves do we spunk all the ROM money on a new striker? or split it into 2 and do like another 30m striker and 10-20m on a young prospect striker for the future or something. who knows what koeman or monchi (please Lord, please let him come here) have up their sleeves.

I really hope Koeman shifts him. Can certainly attract better players. Attitude stinks.

Exactly this.

We are entering a new dawn. Why the fuck would we want entertain having him in our team?

Mirallas had a shitty time under Martinez and had more reason than anyone to pipe up. He kept his mouth shut last year.

Lukaku had more support off martinez and repayed him by spouting shit in the press about leaving whilst we were still not mathematically safe from relegation and in a cup semi. Basically he stopped playing and derailed the team as far as I'm concerned "chemistry indeed Mr baines"

Anyone who still wants him here after this needs to remind themselves "we are Everton"...

Edited by Hafnia

Exactly this.

We are entering a new dawn. Why the fuck would we want entertain having him in our team?

Mirallas had a shitty time under Martinez and had more reason than anyone to pipe up. He kept his mouth shut last year.

Lukaku had more support off martinez and repayed him by spouting shit in the press about leaving whilst we were still not mathematically safe from relegation and in a cup semi. Basically he stopped playing and derailed the team as far as I'm concerned "chemistry indeed Mr baines"

Anyone who still wants him here after this needs to remind themselves "we are Everton"...

ok so please answer my second question above, do you want to spend the say 50m all on one striker, or get 2 or 3, how should we go about doing that?

im thinking 50m all on one is way too risky, best to get 2 20-30m and a cheap youngster prospect. hope 2 of 3 come good

Edited by markjazzbassist

ok so please answer my second question above, do you want to spend the say 50m all on one striker, or get 2 or 3, how should we go about doing that?

im thinking 50m all on one is way too risky, best to get 2 20-30m and a cheap youngster prospect. hope 2 of 3 come good

Depends how creative we can be with the money.

First priority:- a forward who operates as an effective outlet who whilst scoring goals understands the other parts of forward play. May cost 30m

Second:- a precocious young talent like an origi from 2 years ago. A martial from 3 years ago. £8-10m

Third:- a backup striker like pelle, giroud. £7- £15m

First priority:- a forward who operates as an effective outlet who whilst scoring goals understands the other parts of forward play. May cost 30m

Second:- a precocious young talent like an origi from 2 years ago. A martial from 3 years ago. £8-10m

i like that, i think it's more prudent than spunking for one big signing. although spunking on Rom did pay off (or will) so what do i know.

£20m per player average? Nice.... means we should be able to get a couple of £30m plus players and some £15m players just as the cheaper options....

Leicester have had an offer of around £20 mill turned down by Watford for Deeney.

This money may not go as far as we think! Prices are going to go through the roof.

For 50 million I'm sure we could get Batshuayi or Lacazette as out main striker, Breel Embolo as a back up and even Pelle/Long as third striker.

I obviously don't know much about him, but have read good things. £13m is well worth the punt isn't it? Tell him he's coming in to replace Rom and he'll always be behind Harry Kane at Spurs. Fuck it, pay him more money!

I watched him for Holland, he's hungry... a bit arrogant, reminded me of van nistlerooy a bit. More of an English style player but technically very good.

I watched him for Holland, he's hungry... a bit arrogant, reminded me of van nistlerooy a bit. More of an English style player but technically very good.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance if you're good enough!

I still want Batshuayi, think he's going to be class! Janssen as cover + Tarashaj

Rest can go.

Janssen and Batshuayi for me and we'd likely have a decent chunk of change leftover

Good little Dutch article on Janssen from an Ajax fan I think says he's a very strong target man who created the majority of his goals himself something Rom struggles to do

http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/bijzaken-en-geruchten/94590/analyse-janssen-als-opvolger-van-milik#1oISt6JHcvV2CRD8.97

Bring in a quality creative mid behind those two and I'd be very confident we'd score plenty