IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ye strange they are picking him out. Held the ball up well, linked well and a couple of decent efforts. Nothing great… but a decent performance. 

He had less touches of the ball than any outfield player. He was garbage. 26 touches…. Michael Keane had 45 and he was next lowest. 
made 16 passes with 68% completion.

did fuck all basically. I used to go mad at Lukaku for this stuff and put dcl as an example as being the type of player he should try to be. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He had less touches of the ball than any outfield player. He was garbage. 26 touches…. Michael Keane had 45 and he was next lowest. 
made 16 passes with 68% completion.

did fuck all basically. I used to go mad at Lukaku for this stuff and put dcl as an example as being the type of player he should try to be. 

Of course he had fewer touches. He played up front as a lone striker, and was then substituted. Forwards always have less touches than the rest of the team…. That’s just normal.

No one’s saying he had a great game Haf. But it’s blatantly obvious you have a hard on for him at the moment, and that’s effecting your judgement of him in my opinion. I could be completely wrong, and if I am I accept that and apologise. But it seems your trying hard to find negatives for him at the moment mate.

Like the sulking thing. He was fine with the manager when he came off, but looked disappointed. Would you have wanted to see him happy? He was more than likely sulking as he knew he missed a decent chance and we were losing.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Of course he had fewer touches. He played up front as a lone striker, and was then substituted. Forwards always have less touches than the rest of the team…. That’s just normal.

No one’s saying he had a great game Haf. But it’s blatantly obvious you have a hard on for him at the moment, and that’s effecting your judgement of him in my opinion. I could be completely wrong, and if I am I accept that and apologise. But it seems your trying hard to find negatives for him at the moment mate.

Like the sulking thing. He was fine with the manager when he came off, but looked disappointed. Would you have wanted to see him happy? He was more than likely sulking as he knew he missed a decent chance and we were losing.

Lone striker? Like Antonio for them who got 46 touches, we are playing a front 3 and he has support from gray and Richarlison. 

Richarlison had 56 touches. 

I’ve got it in for him as I don’t think he gives a fuckin shit about the team.  I was told he was pushing for the move to arsenal and he still believes he’s going. 

the whole fox in the box bollocks from his tap in fest through James influence has created a player that just does not exist. He is an athlete not a striker.  He needs to watch games of 2 seasons ago to remind himself of what he used to do.  We need him to impose himself and he frankly isn’t doing it. Lampard asked him if he was ok when taking him off…..  clearly thought that the only excuse for his lane performance was injury.

as it stands I would sooner play rondon. 

just rewatched a chunk of game.,.. walking back from offside positions whilst Richarlison was running his arse off. Joke. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

He has missed most of the season through injury, he lacks match fitness and sharpness. What were people expecting?

He is a very talented young player playing in a team bereft of confidence  and creating very little. 

Why do we seem rip our own players like DCL apart rather than supporting them, its madness.  

As someone posted earlier…. Eriksen died on the pitch and has got up to speed.  Antonio is injured all the time and he is carrying timber yet ran his arse off. 

fitness and sharpness?  He’s been back weeks now and just had an extra 2 week conditioning window,  fucking bone idle today. 

I’ve been a huge backer of dom and that was when people were slating  him for not being Rom. He’s taking the piss now… his honest attitude has long gone and it seems he’s bought the hype. 
For the record he’s not very talented football wise, he’s an exceptional athlete who seems to think he doesn’t have to work hard anymore. 

my guess is he will be joining Gomes before long and not getting in the squad let alone team. 

34 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

As someone posted earlier…. Eriksen died on the pitch and has got up to speed.  Antonio is injured all the time and he is carrying timber yet ran his arse off. 

fitness and sharpness?  He’s been back weeks now and just had an extra 2 week conditioning window,  fucking bone idle today. 

I’ve been a huge backer of dom and that was when people were slating  him for not being Rom. He’s taking the piss now… his honest attitude has long gone and it seems he’s bought the hype. 
For the record he’s not very talented football wise, he’s an exceptional athlete who seems to think he doesn’t have to work hard anymore. 

my guess is he will be joining Gomes before long and not getting in the squad let alone team. 

Strikers need game time to get sharpness back, and DCL's injuries although where nearly as serious as Eriksen's require time, to build strength and resilience. 

You don't score the goals DCL does without talent, DCL is a very talented player in the words of Carlo, who knows a thing or two about very talented strikers.

Regardless the players need our support now. 

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

Strikers need game time to get sharpness back, and DCL's injuries although where nearly as serious as Eriksen's require time, to build strength and resilience. 

You don't score the goals DCL does without talent, DCL is a very talented player in the words of Carlo, who knows a thing or two about very talented strikers.

When you go to a game home or away you can’t be more than impressed by the support given to this team, the support from the fans is unquestionable, the effort from some players is very questionable. There has to be a time when you stop making excuses for a majority of these players, we are in a battle for survival and the conscientious objector stance of excuse after excuse isn’t going to win the war. One player showed that spirit and desire yesterday Iwobi, he showed a willingness to give his all and fight for the team and his place in it, DCL showed no desire at all and the excuses are becoming very lame, personally I wouldn’t play him because I know what he’s doing wouldn’t be missed. 

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

I’m not talking about goal scoring or sharpness. I’m talking about him not putting effort in. 

If that was rondon yesterday people would be fuming. 

I was looking forward to having dcl back, I’m not arsed if we don’t see him in a blue shirt again. 

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When you go to a game home or away you can’t be more than impressed by the support given to this team, the support from the fans is unquestionable, the effort from some players is very questionable. There has to be a time when you stop making excuses for a majority of these players, we are in a battle for survival and the conscientious objector stance of excuse after excuse isn’t going to win the war. One player showed that spirit and desire yesterday Iwobi, he showed a willingness to give his all and fight for the team and his place in it, DCL showed no desire at all and the excuses are becoming very lame, personally I wouldn’t play him because I know what he’s doing wouldn’t be missed. 

completely agree.... people think I have personal vendettas against certain players.  Lets have a look at my hit list:- Lukaku, Gomes, now DCL and historically Pickford.

All about attitude for me and when I see players getting above themselves or not putting a shift in I get agitated beyond belief.

I said a while ago that I had heard that DCL had instructed his agent to find him a new club and he wanted to go in the summer.  I see nothing in how he has been on the pitch to suggest he has any long term ambitions for this club and i'm beyond disappointed in him.  I thought this lad was going to be a text book pro.

The first sign for me was him appearing on monday night football - the first active player to do so and commentate on his current club I believe... stood there looking like rupert the bear being asked questions that could make it very difficult for him to reintegrate with his team mates if he answered them wrong..........  cuts to the adverts and there he is appearing on a braun advert.  Just wrong.  

Lampard would not take off a supposed £60m striker when we cant buy a goal unless he is pissed off or the player is injured.  The have monitored DCL and his fitness levels are spot on - he's had 2 weeks to train and he comes back and plays like that?

Feel sorry for Iwobi - a very good honest game from him yesterday.  Had the bottle to get on the ball and worked his arse off, didnt deserve that second goal to happen cos of him miscontrolling a ball.  I cant be angry at him,..... but I can be angry at the likies of DCL and Keane cos quite frankly their head is not in it.

Glad you mentioned Rondon Haf because you where his biggest defender, wouldn't hear a word against him for months yet your giving DCL a right slagging off because hes had two weeks to train. They are miles apart, Rondon or DCL the last game of the season and we must win to stay up ......  Who would you play. ??

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

completely agree.... people think I have personal vendettas against certain players.  Lets have a look at my hit list:- Lukaku, Gomes, now DCL and historically Pickford.

All about attitude for me and when I see players getting above themselves or not putting a shift in I get agitated beyond belief.

I said a while ago that I had heard that DCL had instructed his agent to find him a new club and he wanted to go in the summer.  I see nothing in how he has been on the pitch to suggest he has any long term ambitions for this club and i'm beyond disappointed in him.  I thought this lad was going to be a text book pro.

The first sign for me was him appearing on monday night football - the first active player to do so and commentate on his current club I believe... stood there looking like rupert the bear being asked questions that could make it very difficult for him to reintegrate with his team mates if he answered them wrong..........  cuts to the adverts and there he is appearing on a braun advert.  Just wrong.  

Lampard would not take off a supposed £60m striker when we cant buy a goal unless he is pissed off or the player is injured.  The have monitored DCL and his fitness levels are spot on - he's had 2 weeks to train and he comes back and plays like that?

Feel sorry for Iwobi - a very good honest game from him yesterday.  Had the bottle to get on the ball and worked his arse off, didnt deserve that second goal to happen cos of him miscontrolling a ball.  I cant be angry at him,..... but I can be angry at the likies of DCL and Keane cos quite frankly their head is not in it.

You can add Coleman to your list and Pickford can come off the historical list given your comments about the first goal yesterday! 

You hear a lot of things Haf but I doubt many are true. He and his agent have denied all rumours, but I guess you know better. I expect he will want to leave, why wouldnt he? Any ambitious player, which is what we want, would want to get as far away from this shit show as possible!

Please can you let me know why Dom isnt allowed to do his own commercials when the club have him on media duties all the time. Why can the club pimp him out but he cant? Why does that effect his own the pitch performance?

As much as he played well, you cant just go oh unlucky Iwobi. He took his eye off the ball and miscontrolled a basic pass that led to the winning goal. How much does he get paid for to do that? Yet when Dom hits the bar with his left foot you lambast him for it. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Glad you mentioned Rondon Haf because you where his biggest defender, wouldn't hear a word against him for months yet your giving DCL a right slagging off because hes had two weeks to train. They are miles apart, Rondon or DCL the last game of the season and we must win to stay up ......  Who would you play. ??

Jimmy Cranky 😀

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You can add Coleman to your list and Pickford can come off the historical list given your comments about the first goal yesterday! 

You hear a lot of things Haf but I doubt many are true. He and his agent have denied all rumours, but I guess you know better. I expect he will want to leave, why wouldnt he? Any ambitious player, which is what we want, would want to get as far away from this shit show as possible!

Please can you let me know why Dom isnt allowed to do his own commercials when the club have him on media duties all the time. Why can the club pimp him out but he cant? Why does that effect his own the pitch performance?

As much as he played well, you cant just go oh unlucky Iwobi. He took his eye off the ball and miscontrolled a basic pass that led to the winning goal. How much does he get paid for to do that? Yet when Dom hits the bar with his left foot you lambast him for it. 

Coleman - attitude?   I just don't think he's good captain.  He's overpromoted in the absence of leaders and shouldn't even be playing any more... but hey - off he popped to play in a meaningless friendly and got ill or whatever and negated the need for lampard to make such a call.  Cupping his ears to fans - yeah bity of attitude there but maybe comes with having a bit of fire in his belly.

Pickford?  So because I said he has positionally been at fault for the last two freekicks he's conceded means I've got it in for his attitude? That's not correct is it Bailey?  His lack of positioning is an indication of his attitude???  no.... getting embroiled with kopites or geordies and making mistakes due to lack of focus and laughing at errors was my issues with him.

I hear a lot of things? - yeah I get told a lot of things too Bailey, surprised you don't hear more yourself as one of the great tactical minds in the game... i'm glad Ashley Coles opinion on foot positioning importance got your approval - because in the absence of him sounding as tactically pseudo-intellectual as you do when he was on BT sport he missed the trick of being able to bullshit opinions as fact - maybe he could learn off you after all.   

Surprised you never expressed your disappointment that by Keane doing his pointless foray to the half way line and then passing the ball sideways to Iwobi created the massive pocket behind him...  then again your steadfast defence of keane even in the face of poor foot positioning (ironically) vs City means him being blamed slightly is an insult to your footy I.Q.  

Onto Dom.....  I defended him and called out all the things that he was superb at way before everyone else got onto the fact that he had the makings of a player.  All the things I call him out for as being superb at - they have gone.  Doesn't press, his timing of his jumps have gone to shit, the honest player who ran himself into the ground for his team mates is now a player who looks exasperated cos they are not playing to his inner inzaghi... he's allowed to do what he wants Bailey - its whether he should do them - that is my point.

He needs to work on his game and not his commercial appeal.  And yes - he does want to go, he did want to go and he's not been happy here for a while.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Just on the instance of you trying to rewrite history Bill.

1. Rondon I thought was smart signing as a free once we got him fit to provide cover for DCL.  The situation dictated that we ended up playing someone  who not only had a stone or two to shift but needed to get fit.  

2.  I did give him a few weeks to get fit - probably less time than a younger DCL before I got irritated with him.

3. I criticised him for doing exactly what DCL did yesterday...... nada.  Albeit most of you were doing that way before he even shed his first few pounds.

who would I play? - not DCL and that is what Lampard did after 70 minutes...... in a game where we needed a goal and we had no other bonafide strikers lampard decided to hook him off.

DCL played like a man who did not think he could be substituted... maybe in his head he thought "yeah barely touched the ball or worked for it and the chances I did have I miskicked or fell over - but there is no one to take my place"

That decision by lampard was a message and DCL looked shocked.  We have a bunch of arrogant players who bar a few still dont feel or see the severity of the situation we are in.  

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Coleman - attitude?   I just don't think he's good captain.  He's overpromoted in the absence of leaders and shouldn't even be playing any more... but hey - off he popped to play in a meaningless friendly and got ill or whatever and negated the need for lampard to make such a call.  Cupping his ears to fans - yeah bity of attitude there but maybe comes with having a bit of fire in his belly.

Pickford?  So because I said he has positionally been at fault for the last two freekicks he's conceded means I've got it in for his attitude? That's not correct is it Bailey?  His lack of positioning is an indication of his attitude???  no.... getting embroiled with kopites or geordies and making mistakes due to lack of focus and laughing at errors was my issues with him.

I hear a lot of things? - yeah I get told a lot of things too Bailey, surprised you don't hear more yourself as one of the great tactical minds in the game... i'm glad Ashley Coles opinion on foot positioning importance got your approval - because in the absence of him sounding as tactically pseudo-intellectual as you do when he was on BT sport he missed the trick of being able to bullshit opinions as fact - maybe he could learn off you after all.   

Surprised you never expressed your disappointment that by Keane doing his pointless foray to the half way line and then passing the ball sideways to Iwobi created the massive pocket behind him...  then again your steadfast defence of keane even in the face of poor foot positioning (ironically) vs City means him being blamed slightly is an insult to your footy I.Q.  

Onto Dom.....  I defended him and called out all the things that he was superb at way before everyone else got onto the fact that he had the makings of a player.  All the things I call him out for as being superb at - they have gone.  Doesn't press, his timing of his jumps have gone to shit, the honest player who ran himself into the ground for his team mates is now a player who looks exasperated cos they are not playing to his inner inzaghi... he's allowed to do what he wants Bailey - its whether he should do them - that is my point.

He needs to work on his game and not his commercial appeal.  And yes - he does want to go, he did want to go and he's not been happy here for a while.

Wow... I think you should take a couple of deep breaths. 

We have covered Coleman to death so I wont go there again.

I disagree with your comments on Pickford. He wasn't stopping those. You have unrealistic expectations.

You love those comments on foot positioning don't you. It makes me laugh as you seem to think that is something that requires some sort of higher level of coaching badge to know about. My opinions are only that and I am happy to discuss them with anyone. You are the only one that seems to take it personally though and go off on your personal attacks time and time again. You just don't like it when someone doesn't agree with you and you go off on these rants to try and prove yourself.

Steadfast defence of Keane? I have slagged him off for most of his time at the club. I must have missed those posts where he could do no wrong. Sometimes I think he fucks up, sometimes I think people like to pile in on him when its unwarranted. There was nothing wrong with him stepping forward in that moment either. He played a good ball to Iwobi, opening up the right side of the pitch with Kenny. How on earth it becomes Keane's fault I have absolutely no idea. If Iwobi controls the ball, we have a 3 v 2 down that right hand side. Yes he could have played other passes. Was the pass he made a bad pass? No it wasn't.

Dom was an honest player running himself into the ground when he was a lad and in the odd games under Ferguson. Under Ancellotti when everyone was saying how amazing he was, he did so little of that. He stayed in and around the box, he became far less involved in the build up to goals and he certainly wasn't firing himself into challenge after challenge. I didn't see you complaining about him then. For what its worth he still won 6 aerial challenges yesterday. Its not like he isn't getting involved. I am not Dom's biggest fan and never has been because I agree with you in that he is more or an athlete than an all-round footballer, but he hasn't been playing as the athlete you want him to for 2+ seasons.

In respect to the commercial side, please just explain why he cant do his commercials (which were probably recorded a while ago anyway) and focus on his football? Its just another one of these pathetic and pointless sticks that you are using to beat someone with that have no bearing on anything. 

That's one of my mottos. Do what makes you happy. For me, wearing clothes and suits that divide opinion is what I like doing, so I'm going to continue doing it.' 

I respect him doing things in his spare time but how about being happy and knuckling down for Everton? 

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think Rondon only scored one, he's in good company there Haf.

So what we are saying is that dcl is on the same level as a player who turned up from china with a belly and who was 8 weeks short of fitness?

ffs, rondon will be on the front page of  playboy next.