IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

13 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’m surprised he’s not in the England training squad personally.

With a few more games behind him he would've been. He'd pretty much nailed down the Kane understudy role at his best, but has fallen behind Watkins, Toney and Solanke...worth a hell of a lot more than £25m imo, would be a steal at that price.

Will be sad to see him go if the rumours are true. If he isn’t signing a new contract then we really have to take the money unfortunately. Hopefully it’s closer to 35 million & good money for Onana.

if DCL has aspirations of playing for England, his best bet would be staying with us. 

one of the first names in the starting line up, with the whole team and tactics playing to your strengths. 

elsewhere he might just be a plan B, to try and be more direct at the end of a game. 

I agree he's worth far more to us, than maybe another team would pay at this very moment

come on Diom, get a new contract signed. 

I want him to stay, and I’d hope that he values the patience that the club has given him, and in particular the way Dyche has managed him back to fitness and some goal scoring form, he’s a key player for us, another season minimum with a new contract, if he and the club have a good season it’s win win, if not and he then wants to go the new contract should bring in a better fee.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

I want him to stay, and I’d hope that he values the patience that the club has given him, and in particular the way Dyche has managed him back to fitness and some goal scoring form, he’s a key player for us, another season minimum with a new contract, if he and the club have a good season it’s win win, if not and he then wants to go the new contract should bring in a better fee.

I don't think he'll be looking to move, he seems to genuinely love it here. If he does it's gonna be driven by the books.

it also looks much better on the club generally if players choose to sign new contract and stay with us. 

Two historical Everton seasons coming up. Last season at Goodison and first Season a BMD. never to be repeated. I would like to hope DCL has enough blue blood to understand that he would have the opportunity to  be a big part of that history. Somebody's going to score the last goal at Goodison and first at BMD. 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Fuck 35m too. He does the work of 2 players upfront, I don't care what it takes but he needs a new contract.

I'm not saying I want to see him go mate or that he isn't good enough for us. Doesn't matter what we offer if he wants to move we have to sell him & get as much as possible. 25 million would be sickening given what was being touted a few years ago. Hopefully its all the media trying to sell of one our players & he has no interest in going any where.

Unpopular maybe, but I would keep Dom in a choice between him and Branthwaite.

As good as Jarrad is, it’s easier to replace a defender than a goalscorer. 

In a team that seriously lacked goals last season, we need to keep our best forward and find a way of supplying him. Dom, along Gana was a massive reason we fought our way out of trouble this season. He seems to be over his injury problems and this season coming should be huge for him.

We would be foolish to lose him now.

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Unpopular maybe, but I would keep Dom in a choice between him and Branthwaite.

As good as Jarrad is, it’s easier to replace a defender than a goalscorer. 

In a team that seriously lacked goals last season, we need to keep our best forward and find a way of supplying him. Dom, along Gana was a massive reason we fought our way out of trouble this season. He seems to be over his injury problems and this season coming should be huge for him.

We would be foolish to lose him now.

To lose either now to be honest. The ownership really needs sorting so we can reject offers and just take the points penalty if that's how the PL want to deal with it. DCL is worth 2-3 league positions, Branthwaite same with the potential to be much more important. 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

To lose either now to be honest. The ownership really needs sorting so we can reject offers and just take the points penalty if that's how the PL want to deal with it. DCL is worth 2-3 league positions, Branthwaite same with the potential to be much more important. 

The problem is we can't pay the kind of salary Branthwaite would be offered by one of the rich clubs.

Having said that, we have one of the best defences in the Prem, so we should strive to retain it. If the choice was between DC-L and Branthwaite, I'd ask whether we have one of the best defences or one of the best offences. Keep what's great and change what's not.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The problem is we can't pay the kind of salary Branthwaite would be offered by one of the rich clubs.

Having said that, we have one of the best defences in the Prem, so we should strive to retain it. If the choice was between DC-L and Branthwaite, I'd ask whether we have one of the best defences or one of the best offences. Keep what's great and change what's not.

He's recently signed a new contract and doesn't look the type to rock the boat. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He's recently signed a new contract and doesn't look the type to rock the boat. 

I agree I don’t think he will be in any great rush to leave himself, it will come down to whether the club accepts an offer, but should they not need to sell then they need to renegotiate his contract and pay him what a player of his abilities would get elsewhere, to keep him 25,000 would be derisory imo.