IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Always been a fan of his.

If he stays fit, it'll make a massive difference for us.

It's just that...well...generally, unfortunately...when players have a history of the injuries he has had, it doesn't tend to be long before they have another.

True but players with these injuries are rarely given the time to recover. He's had that and we have good cover/competition in Beto. I'm confident.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

True but players with these injuries are rarely given the time to recover. He's had that and we have good cover/competition in Beto. I'm confident.

When he came on I think it was obvious that he no longer had the weight of the world on his shoulders and that's two-fold in my opinion - he's finally got his body in a good place and he also knows that we aren't totally reliant on him.

Beto didn't score but he'd battered their defence for 60 minutes. They must have dreaded seeing a fresh DCL come on.

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’d like to see the two of them together up front. Battering rams 

Then it would be a case of can we score more than we concede, it would make for exciting and nerves football at the same time, bring it on the anticipation is getting me pumped up for it. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Perfect opportunity in the next 2 home games - maybe not from the start but I hope we get to see it with McNeil and Harrison whipping balls in (with a 2 or 3 goal cushion to ease the transition).

I'm hoping we see a 424 kind of line up. McNeil and Harrison on the wings, Beto and DCL up front, Garner and Doucoure holding midfield... The team has so much potential, hopefully that win will be a catalyst. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

West Kirby and Heswall have loads of estate agents, not sure why he would be in Bromborough, it only has branches of the ones there, maybe he’s looking at FSW’s place.

Thats exactly what I thought 

I’m aware that a wife of an ex Everton player works as an estate agent locally so maybe it’s that 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2023 at 05:22, Btay said:

Dyche has handled this very well to be fair.

100% this. Imagine how easy it would have been to rush him back both this season and last - we (as fans) were absolutely desperate. Dare I say a classic example of the manager feeling that he knows whats right, sticking to his guns and willing to be judged on the results. Won't always work but in this case it did. 

Not that I give the story the time of day about Dom and joining Gerrard.

Apparently the attendance at last night's Al-Ettifaq match was 696 fans.  Very few games have any attendances of note. It would seem most of the Saudi's don't even give a fuck about the Pro League, never mind the wider world beyond. 

This season we have seen a lot of players join the Saudi league - but I wonder how many of them are now wondering if they have simply sold their footballing soul.

33 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Not that I give the story the time of day about Dom and joining Gerrard.

Apparently the attendance at last night's Al-Ettifaq match was 696 fans.  Very few games have any attendances of note. It would seem most of the Saudi's don't even give a fuck about the Pro League, never mind the wider world beyond. 

This season we have seen a lot of players join the Saudi league - but I wonder how many of them are now wondering if they have simply sold their footballing soul.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/saudi-arabia-ronaldo-gerrard-attendances-31263652

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

you would also think that there would be a massive 'novelty factor' at the moment with all the new big name players joining the league. So you feel that attendances will only go one way.  A massive part of the enjoyment of going to a football match is the atmosphere that a crowd produce and just being part of that. You turn up to a few matches and the atmosphere is flat as fuck, you will soon be back at home watching it in the comfort of the living room with a few mates. 

It is increasingly looking like a footballers graveyard to me.