IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Beto most similar. Chermiti Looks like he's got unreal core strength - holds the ground well. 

I think Chermiti is quite technical as well, he can do a bit with the ball at his feet as well. Not ready to be an out & out starter but he has good potential. 

7 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

While it may be our only option, putting chermiti up top vs shite is reminiscent of Simms starting against them - not ready and looked out of his depth (at that stage of his development)

Possibly but he's unknown to them. Hardwork and graft is the order of the day, let the likes of McNeil pick up scraps. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Possibly but he's unknown to them. Hardwork and graft is the order of the day, let the likes of McNeil pick up scraps. 

To be fair, he's unknown to us too. I have no expectations of the lad at this point. From what little we've seen, I wouldn't put it past him to get a red card.

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

To be fair, he's unknown to us too. I have no expectations of the lad at this point. From what little we've seen, I wouldn't put it past him to get a red card.

Yeah looks very spikey, I see a very good athlete there though.  

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah looks very spikey, I see a very good athlete there though.  

He does seem to have the tools, but will he have the head? That's gonna come with good coaching and time which he isn't going to get before the game :lol:

like @Palfy said, not point in risking DCL in a game like this when very winnable Brentford, Luton and Sheff Utd game on  the horizon.

Like we have already said this game has to be considerd a bit of a free hit, and that can include giving Chermiti a run out. We don't really know what to expect from him - and it will be the same for the Liverpool defenders. The chaos and energy of youth can result in the unexpected. 

Stay solid defensively, and the hope of getting a bit of luck form the occasional chance that might come our way.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a prick trying to steal Branthwaite's goal though, eh?

Are you making a comparison to Lukaku trying to steal Tom Davies goal and pointing at his chest to say "it's mine" when it clearly wasn't after Davies had literally ran the length of the pitch to score the best goal of his career

ill make it short - absolutely no comparison. Dcl had 2 Liverpool players behind him and the ball was squirming, no way could he not follow that in. After it went in he went straight to branthwaite to celebrate and didn't feel the need to try and claim it.