IGNORED

Who are the better players?

Cornish Steve

Who are the better players?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If money had been no object during the summer transfer window, which player would you have brought to Everton?

• Idrissa Gueye
    • Paul Pogba
  2. 2. If you had the choice of playing one of the following players, which would it be?

• John Stones
    • Ashley Williams

You really think Gana is better than Pogba Mark? Fucking hell mate

Williams is more experienced than Stones but Stones will be twice as good as Williams ever was in 5 years time.

Based purely on the first four games of the season I'd not swap Gana for anyone.

Second point I agree with, but for now I'm content.

You really think Gana is better than Pogba Mark? Fucking hell mate

Williams is more experienced than Stones but Stones will be twice as good as Williams ever was in 5 years time.

playing for the all star team that is Juve against the minnows of Serie A he looked a worldie. Playing against other top level pros in the Euros he was anonymous. Playing for United so far he has been anonymous. Maybe this league just isn't his level or maybe he hasn't kicked on but I haven't been impressed by him lately. Gana i have been.

Pogba is possibly the best central midfielder in the world. Gana is a class player but Pogba is a whole different level.

I chose Williams on the basis that he's a better fit for us. If I was a Man C, Barca or Bayern fan I'd say Stones over Williams.

Pogba is overrated IMO and will struggle to emulate here what he did in a top top side within a poor Italian league.

He's got real ability, but he's not world class in my books.

Not to say Gana is.

playing for the all star team that is Juve against the minnows of Serie A he looked a worldie. Playing against other top level pros in the Euros he was anonymous. Playing for United so far he has been anonymous. Maybe this league just isn't his level or maybe he hasn't kicked on but I haven't been impressed by him lately. Gana i have been.

Can't disagree more with your thoughts on Pogba. He doesn't run around chasing the game. That's not how he plays. He also isn't a defensive midfielder, or, at least, he shouldn't be played as one. He does his best work further up the pitch. His play is so smooth, his vision and ability to see play develop is insane, and he perfectly plays balls that other players wouldn't even attempt.

I thought he was the best player I watched at the Euros, even though I think he was totally misused. I haven't seen much of his work at ManUre yet.

Anyhow, if we're talking Gana's role and who I'd rather have there, it's Gana all the way. If we're choosing between Barkley and Pogba, I'd likely go with Pogba. For a neutral, there's no contest there, but my sentimental attachment to Ross is a big factor.

Here's a fun article from before we signed Gana and before United signed Pogba: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3710647/Paul-Pogba-join-Manchester-United-110m-stats-Jose-Mourinho-playing-wrong-role-make-huge-mistake.html

Absolutely love it!

"Gueye outperformed Pogba in every category that is worth mentioning for a defensive midfielder. He made more tackles, more interceptions, recovered the ball more frequently overall and made more blocks...Everton might possibly be getting a better defensive midfielder than Pogba for under one-tenth of the price."

Based purely on the first four games of the season I'd not swap Gana for anyone.

Mike it's 4 games. Pogba is a much, much better player than him.

I hate threads like this, kopites do this.. Mingolet is the best keeper in the world, Mane is as good as Messi etc etc. It blows my mind.

Probably shouldn't of bitten like so it's my own fault.

I'm delighted that we have gueye.

Is he better than pogba? Highly unlikely to be, different players for starters. Pogba has unbelievable ability.

That said.....

Juan Sebastian Veron....... by all accounts nicky butt said along with Cantona he was the best player he had played with in training. Just could not translate it into the premier league games.

In terms of 'talent' pogba and stones are way ahead. But that isn't the be all and end all. Williams and Gueye have given us steel we have so badly been missing.

Fair enough?

Mike it's 4 games. Pogba is a much, much better player than him.

I hate threads like this, kopites do this.. Mingolet is the best keeper in the world, Mane is as good as Messi etc etc. It blows my mind.

Probably shouldn't of bitten like so it's my own fault.

That's what I said :huh:.

So if there was a swap deal on the table now you'd say no?

Just the revenue in shirt sales alone would double our money.

I've not seen enough of Pogba in all honesty; unlike the majority on here I'm not really bothered by watching football unless it involves Everton, (not even FA Cup/Champs League final/title decider etc) so if I said "yes" I'd be doing it based purely on reputation.

Pad you're forgetting the biggest point I've yet to use, pogba is the most expensive player in history currently playing like he's worth half that at best, Gana was 7.1m.

End thread

Mark it's irellevant what they cost the thread says who is the better player not biggest bargain.

Don't end thread.