IGNORED

Who are the better players?

Cornish Steve

Who are the better players?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If money had been no object during the summer transfer window, which player would you have brought to Everton?

• Idrissa Gueye
    • Paul Pogba
  2. 2. If you had the choice of playing one of the following players, which would it be?

• John Stones
    • Ashley Williams

You said "villa hardly had the ball last year" - they were 14th in terms of possession in the league with 47% Leicester had something like 44%.

Either way if you want to judge purely on what I see Gueye is like a makele/mascherano type player and Pogba is more a Yaya toure (when bothered) type player.

Right now I'm more than happy with Gueye, best value for money midfield signing I have seen in a long long time.

It would not surprise me to see a Real Madrid bid for him in the summer - that's how good he is.

If your stats were right

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015.

But I do agree with the last 3 paragraphs. ?

Edited by barryj

you have selected the wrong season - last season was 2015/2016, not 2014/2015..... my stats were right.

You also need to sort by possession - it sorts by "rating" as a default rather than "possession" which puts villa lower based on blended attributes.

Edited by Hafnia

you have selected the wrong season - last season was 2015/2016, not 2014/2015..... my stats were right.

You also need to sort by possession - it sorts by "rating" as a default rather than "possession" which puts villa lower based on blended attributes.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

You mentioned villa.... not having the ball. They had 60% possession... more than leicester who won the league. Meaning that gueye had less opportunities to win the ball and kante was the PL feted ball winner.

Just putting "context" to stats rather than just stating incorrect facts.

Sorry Haf but you're wrong on this! Nowhere near your made up 60% it's even lower than the wrong season I selected by 2%!!

Edited by barryj

Sorry Haf but you're wrong on this! Nowhere near your made up 60% it's even lower than the wrong season I selected by 2%!!

Depends on which Haffact (I invented a new word!) you're referring to; one was right, one was wrong (nothing like having a fall-back position :P).

You mentioned villa.... not having the ball. They had 60% possession...

You said "villa hardly had the ball last year" - they were 14th in terms of possession in the league with 47%...

Depends on which Haffact (I invented a new word!) you're referring to; one was right, one was wrong (nothing like having a fall-back position :P).

That's because in his later posts he bothered to look them up rather than just guessing and hoping no one would check! I did because no one in the league had that sort of season possession total ?

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

Take the specific percentage.... 60%? Even with shite forwards you wouldn't get relegated with that. Not sure what happened there...

Hindsight.

Money No Object? Pogba & Stones.

Money Being Of Importance? Gana & Williams.

Based On Shirt Sales To Help Finance The Club: Pogba & Stones.

Value For Money Based On Games So Far: Gana & Williams.

we dont get to see the money fro shirt sales do we? I thought it was a fixed income not dependant on sales?

That's because in his later posts he bothered to look them up rather than just guessing and hoping no one would check! I did because no one in the league had that sort of season possession total

barry - I had already stated it accurately weeks ago.... the 60% was related to something else.

Anyone see pogba today? Worth about 10m on that performance

To be fair, their entire team was terrible. This is all down to Mourinho, in my opinion. I have no clue what his game plan was. It's all a bit too much like Chelsea early last season and like Everton the past two seasons under Martinez. Laissez-faire, let the talent triumph, bullshit. Pure arrogance.

Yes and no. He's being played with some of the biggest players in the world, he's not showing up, he's got to shoulder some of that blame as well. He didn't look like that for Juve.

I'm not saying the players shouldn't shoulder a lot of the blame. I just see a disorganized side out there. That part isn't on the players. We've seen already what some organization can do for our side.

Pogba is looking very suspect atm.

Agree, he's never stuck me as a world class player he's been a big fish in a fairly poor league... Depay being another

He has good all round ability but I don't think he'll make the step up under Mourinho he'd be better in a system and under a manager like Pep De Bruyne is an example atm of kicking on and moving into that elite group

Agree, he's never stuck me as a world class player he's been a big fish in a fairly poor league... Depay being another

He has good all round ability but I don't think he'll make the step up under Mourinho he'd be better in a system and under a manager like Pep De Bruyne is an example atm of kicking on and moving into that elite group

I forgot about Memphis, does he even make the bench over there?