IGNORED

Southampton (Home) 2nd Jan

MikeO

Just thought it a bit weird. Probably nothing in it like but something in his body language has me a bit worried.

That is a bit weird but he put in a real shift so I hope he stays being a moody bastard!

I agree with you earlier in the thread about the start of the second half but as I said in here it had the feeling of a get one and then a couple more will follow. They were defending very well but we just had the upper hand, albeit whilst they had a clean sheet they had something to hold onto.

THRILLED as the rest of you lot are. Still worried about our play for the first 60+ or whatever minutes though, the top teams might have ripped us a new one a la Chelsea 5-0. We have every reason to celebrate, I just we hope we continue to try and address our attacking (and lack thereof). COYB!!

Another clean sheet is a significant plus, it's odd that our youth players are now the saviours. Were they on loan a couple of months ago when we couldnt effect games then?

Joined up team-wide concentration will be a real joy when it arrives. 90 minutes of all the players on the same wavelength following the game plan.

Over to you Koeman, pleased with the wins, points and even player selections, lets break the mental shackles and maybe even sign a first teamer.....

See what people mean about Lukaku and celebrating the goals.

Valencia goal 4-5ft away from him when he scores and just jogs off, Baines pen no where to be seen, his own goal just turned round no emotion on his face pointed towards Davies to acknowledge his pass, crossed himself and praised God or someone.

Don't know what to make of that, even at full time never joined in with other lads just walked off.

See what people mean about Lukaku and celebrating the goals.

Valencia goal 4-5ft away from him when he scores and just jogs off, Baines pen no where to be seen, his own goal just turned round no emotion on his face pointed towards Davies to acknowledge his pass, crossed himself and praised God or someone.

Don't know what to make of that, even at full time never joined in with other lads just walked off.

He didn't just walk off at the end at all. I watched him acknowledge the crowd myself. Think he was with Coleman and another at the time.

He didn't just walk off at the end at all. I watched him acknowledge the crowd myself. Think he was with Coleman and another at the time.

Right when you're just getting T.V. pictures you don't get to see the bigger picture, thanks for info that more positive.

Well worth a sixteen hour trip for the last half hour, great day and just got back. Brother converted to a Blue at 58!

Grumblings at half time understandably but once we clicked (thanks Enner) it was a joy. Davies is a major prospect even though he gave the ball away a little to often, Lennon waste of space, Joel made a couple of good saves but he's no number one. Ross, Rom & Leighton good games, in fact I think nobody was poor Lennon aside.

Felt like coming home.

Well worth a sixteen hour trip for the last half hour, great day and just got back. Brother converted to a Blue at 58!

Grumblings at half time understandably but once we clicked (thanks Enner) it was a joy. Davies is a major prospect even though he gave the ball away a little to often, Lennon waste of space, Joel made a couple of good saves but he's no number one. Ross, Rom & Leighton good games, in fact I think nobody was poor Lennon aside.

Felt like coming home.

Glad you got the chance to go! 16 hours is a real commitment!

Your have to go more often mate you could be our lucky charm, how many hours to get back seems very late.

M6 at Stafford was dreadful for a long time, and had to go via my brother's house off the M5 further south to get my car back. I am a lucky charm though, I think you should all chip in so I can be there every game!

Totally agree - I can't understand why some fans are totally blinkered in their opinions of certain players.

Im not talking about 'blinkered' opinions... im talking about foul mouthed pricks who think that somehow calling someone "shit" is gonna make them suddenly be great.

Guest rusty747

Watched the game on tv in a hotel room in Yangon. Local commentary so I muted the sound and just watched. My own opinion at the time (ie, not influenced by 'expert' commentators or crowd) was that we did ok. The midfield had more energy, the players seemed to at least know what they were trying to do and, as the game wore on, we seemed to get better and better.

It wasn't a great performance by any means but it did seem like a decent step in the right direction. Robles was solid, the back four were much better than in the recent past, the midfield had energy and bite, Ross looked up for it and Rom gave it a right good go.

If we can just capitalise on the chances we make and not leave ourselves open to the counter when we lose the ball while attacking, then I think the second half of the season could be much better than the first - though how many times have we said that!

Edited by rusty747

Im not talking about 'blinkered' opinions... im talking about foul mouthed pricks who think that somehow calling someone "shit" is gonna make them suddenly be great.

"I was right all along" it's like the 'support' is diseased with the attitude. Funnily enough, and still my hot topic, how many have yet to cough regards clown-shoes. Hypocritical imbiciles, every club has them, and they're usually the thickest and loudest twats that crawl the earth.

Thought 3-0 flattered us tbh, we were shite for 60 minutes but I will take that all day long.

Credit to Koeman for starting Davies and I thought Calvert-Lewis looked excellent until he went off injured. He was playing off Lukaku excellently and also the subs he made were right. Lennon was awful today, Davies had a good game, he wasn't MotM for me if I'm honest and against better opposition I think he'll be a bit exposed but credit to the lad he was excellent today.

Hopefully a few new faces in now and we can push on.

Watched the game on tv in a hotel room in Yangon. Local commentary so I muted the sound and just watched. My own opinion at the time (ie, not influenced by 'expert' commentators or crowd) was that we did ok. The midfield had more energy, the players seemed to at least know what they were trying to do and, as the game wore on, we seemed to get better and better.

It wasn't a great performance by any means but it did seem like a decent step in the right direction. Robles was solid, the back four were much better than in the recent past, the midfield had energy and bite, Ross looked up for it and Rom gave it a right good go.

If we can just capitalise on the chances we make and not leave ourselves open to the counter when we lose the ball while attacking, then I think the second half of the season could be much better than the first - though how many times have we said that!

Both spot on. Think Southampton's tiredness really helped us. A better team would have taken advantage of the opportunities they created and we easily could have been trailing by a couple goals before we got going properly.

I was gonna have a pint with Mike until he blanked my 0where are you drinking post" :shaking fist:

I was too busy drinking so I didn't see it until I was inside the ground, next time I'll give you my mobile number as long as you promise not to kill and eat me :unsure:.