IGNORED

Southampton (Home) 2nd Jan

MikeO

I've suggested loaning him out, not because he isn't good enough, because the boo boy climate is toxic for him. Fans need to get behind him but they just aren't mate. We're only looking for solutions to help Ross become the player we all want him to be.

I'd like to hear Koeman come out and say how well he has played and call out the cockends who are determined to boo no matter how he plays

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

That's probably the best game I've watched this season.

Davies played it simple (necessarily), and he has the legs to pressure the opposition when they're on the ball.

Barkley looked excellent and Lukaku held up play well.

Valencia coming on late was crucial. He really added that extra spark to push the team on.

Plenty of energy from all and a much-deserved win. Very happy!

Good win that.

You can see that confidence is starting to rise in the team.

We started off slowly, a bit scatty, but the effort was there from everyone. As the game went on, we got better and better. The first goal allowed us to relax a bit I think.

Can't fault the efforts of anyone out there today. It's still a bit frustrating...one too many long balls for my liking, too many wasted balls into and/or around the box. But the lads are going at it as best they can.

A bit more finesse up top, we need the players who can deliver 7/10 balls accurately into the box rather than the current 4/10 balls, and we will see another piece of the jigsaw complete.

And we can't say it was down to poor opposition because soton gave it a hood go but were ultimately out played.

I only saw the second half but I was pretty impressed, that was much better than I have seen for a long time. Still a bit easy to beat on the counter but we ground them away and got the goals. We lacked quality at times but we got there as they defended very well until that first goal.

Everyone knew their role, unsurprisingly getting support close to Rom not only allowed him to show his best form but it also allowed us to keep the ball higher up the pitch and we were better for it.

Barkley had his best game this season and Davies again was excellent, showing energy and quality.

I thought Lennon was a bit anonymous and Williams got caught out a couple of times too which is a worry but Mori was good, Baines superb too.

Robles was a but odd. Some really important saves but not really inspiring confidence either.

Hopefully we can really kick on from here.

Thought 3-0 flattered us tbh, we were shite for 60 minutes but I will take that all day long.

Credit to Koeman for starting Davies and I thought Calvert-Lewis looked excellent until he went off injured. He was playing off Lukaku excellently and also the subs he made were right. Lennon was awful today, Davies had a good game, he wasn't MotM for me if I'm honest and against better opposition I think he'll be a bit exposed but credit to the lad he was excellent today.

Hopefully a few new faces in now and we can push on.

To be fair, we had more chances in the first half than they did and could have easily been ahead.

Southampton were pretty poor today. Robles didn't really have much to do. Most of his touches were bobbles that were heading wide and when they did get a decent chance the panicked and hit it over.

Pretty much the same as us in the first half.

Second half we were much improved and they were never in the game once we scored.

Good half time talk from the manager maybe?

It was quite odd really. I was sat there numerous times thinking we're in control, without being threatening, and then all of a sudden Southampton would be having a chance at our goal!

i made the point earlier that we committed the bodies but had no imagination with the final ball, then on the counter we had to scramble

Joel made some important stops from the counters, can't remember what our win percentage is with him in goal but it must be quite high

Edited by Matt

I was impressed with the fact that we got behind them so much. Getting the ball to the line and pulling it back.

How many balls did we see an inch behind an easy finish or just cut out by a defender.

Haven't seen that for a long time at Everton.

Don't remind of those agonisingly close chances. You bastard!

It was quite odd really. I was sat there numerous times thinking we're in control, without being threatening, and then all of a sudden Southampton would be having a chance at our goal!

I just thought everytime they came forward they looked like they could score where as we looked blunt. They defended brilliantly and crowded us out whenever we got the ball in the final third but we showed flashes of good play.

The first half was dour, second half took a while to get going but we won easy in the end although 3-0 slightly flattered us.

Did you find it odd Lukaku didn't celebrate any of the goals.

I just thought everytime they came forward they looked like they could score where as we looked blunt. They defended brilliantly and crowded us out whenever we got the ball in the final third but we showed flashes of good play.

The first half was dour, second half took a while to get going but we won easy in the end although 3-0 slightly flattered us.

Did you find it odd Lukaku didn't celebrate any of the goals.

I honestly didn't notice him not celebrating the goals, I was too busy celebrating myself :lol:. I did notice him clap the crowd at the end of the game though, if that means anything to anyone.

I honestly didn't notice him not celebrating the goals, I was too busy celebrating myself :lol:. I did notice him clap the crowd at the end of the game though, if that means anything to anyone.

I didn't until I saw someone say it on Twitter, then I watched them on my sky sports app and he doesn't, he just walks off on all of them.

Because over and over again we finish our attacks with a tame cross into the box or just cut inside and get tackled. The opposition just sit waiting for it to happen. We need to finish our attacks with a shot. It's better to blaze it over the bar than to surrender possession with our full backs committed forward.

Totally agree with this.

Soooo. Ross getting audible unneccesary criticism again eh? Despite playing well....

Some of our fans need to see a shrink. They wo t be happy till he packs in the game - fuckin brainless twats.

Totally agree - I can't understand why some fans are totally blinkered in their opinions of certain players.