• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It’s good that we don’t just abandon these kids. We need to carry on what we’re doing and make sure they have the help to find a route into professional football. It won’t always work for our team, but it will make more kids want to play in our academy.

Hearing what goes on at Villa is enough to put young players off. We don't want to go that way.

I think there is going to be a lot more effort with regard too younger players going out on loan and getting proper senior competitive football. Much better for their development being part of match day squads, playing home and away week in week out in front of stadiums full of passionate fans.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s good that we don’t just abandon these kids. We need to carry on what we’re doing and make sure they have the help to find a route into professional football. It won’t always work for our team, but it will make more kids want to play in our academy.

Hearing what goes on at Villa is enough to put young players off. We don't want to go that way.

Hardly abandoning him though if he is loaned out to another club. 

He will get offers if he was released.

We release loads of players every year across all the age groups. We can't keep hold of all of them and it doesn't really make sense to keep the ones that could get a professional contract.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Hardly abandoning him though if he is loaned out to another club. 

He will get offers if he was released.

We release loads of players every year across all the age groups. We can't keep hold of all of them and it doesn't really make sense to keep the ones that could get a professional contract.

Unless they are struggling to find interest, which is why we’re helping them? 
each to their own, but I would just much much rather people see our club as a place to go other than the rat race.

Im personally glad we are doing this recently.

16 hours ago, Shukes said:

Unless they are struggling to find interest, which is why we’re helping them? 
each to their own, but I would just much much rather people see our club as a place to go other than the rat race.

Im personally glad we are doing this recently.

There is clearly interest though as he has gone on loan to a club not even in the lowest league. 

The only thing that would stop Gibson signing for a team professionally is his own wage demands. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

There is clearly interest though as he has gone on loan to a club not even in the lowest league. 

The only thing that would stop Gibson signing for a team professionally is his own wage demands. 

Clubs offer players to teams to gain experience. Nothing new, been going on for decades.

I don’t remember seeing any club’s queuing for him, but admittedly I have been concentrating on the first team… so could easily have missed it.

• 10 months later...