IGNORED

Atalanta BC (Europa League Leg 1) [Away] Thursday September 14th

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

not the age of players, not the skill of the players, so it has to be the way they play,  and this is down to the manager.

Although I've not watched either Everton or football generally for as many years or as closely as many of you, I'm questioning the skill of many of our players.  Especially basic, basic passing.  Ours is maddeningly off-target so frequently.  Do we happen to have a collection of players who just aren't so good at this basic thing?

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Although I've not watched either Everton or football generally for as many years or as closely as many of you, I'm questioning the skill of many of our players.  Especially basic, basic passing.  Ours is maddeningly off-target so frequently.  Do we happen to have a collection of players who just aren't so good at this basic thing?

so it seems, yet a couple of seasons ago, those self same players could almost pass other teams off the park at times.  I put it down to the way they have to play these days.

8 hours ago, rubecula said:

so it seems, yet a couple of seasons ago, those self same players could almost pass other teams off the park at times.  I put it down to the way they have to play these days.

No they couldn't. What actually happened a couple of years ago is that they passed, passed, passed themselves into trouble and we'd concede.

This rewriting of history is getting silly now.

5 minutes ago, Latchford9 said:

No pace in the side... I'm afraid that we're going to be ripped a new one when we play the RS.

No nothing in the side....No pace, no imagination, no threat.....If we play like we have done in the last 3 games then it is going to be 4-5 to United.  We just don't look like scoring.  Whilst United have all the attacking power at their disposal.