IGNORED

Lyon (Europa League Group Stage HOME) Thursday October 19th

markjazzbassist

When we conceded the second goal we needed one player to let the lads know, you got back I to this and very nearly took the lead... we can do it again!

that person would need to be a born winner, someone like Rooney. Only one person to blame for him not getting any minutes tonight.

williams.... that was needed, but from more than just one person. 

Mirralas? First half you were great, but then Kevin came out again for the rest of the match. What is it mentally with him? Somethings not right.

Klaassen?????? Eh? Stop comparing him with Naismith, it’s not fair on Steven. Klaasen is shit.

Vlasic was not the same tonight. 

Pickford was average again. Distribution was awful.

Cuco, had two bad moments, but generally solid. Although he is the fans go to boy.

Keane... still looking overpriced.

Davies, tried hard but needs more game time.

DCL, still looks good, but being left to rot out there on his own.

Holgate, feel sorry for him. Awful tackle, schoolboy stuff. But solid otherwise.

Morgan... phew, he’s injured. Pretty sure performances will improve now that broken down rolls Royce is out.

we didn’t play that bad to be fair. We had our moments but didn’t take advantage. They hit us when they needed to, but looked vulnerable.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Should've have been in that situation, defenders (inc him) ball-watching on the run-up; we should have cleared it.

Keane was very lethargic. It's like watching slow motion replay at times. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

But he is good enough. Captained a side to the final of this last year, scored twenty goals and completely adored by Ajax fans (who aren't easy to please); he can obviously play. For whatever reason he's not doing it for us so far. Don't ask me what the reason is.

Klaassen really struggled but wasn't helped at all by the team. Plays well with Rooney as he has the quality and it proactive. 

At times today Klaassen was the only one showing for the ball, gets it and then had no one moving for him to pass to. Inevitably loses the ball and the fans got in his back. Whole team wasn't good enough. DCL really struggled to top, should have started Rooney. 

Koeman can fuck off and take Schneiderlin and Keane with him. No commitment, no fight, simply not Everton. Show Gana, Sandro and Martina the door as well. They aren't even footballers, doubt they'd start in any team in the Prem. 

The best we’ve played all season to be honest. Genuinely thought we’d go on to win it after getting the equaliser but then their second goal killed us. That’s what happens when you’re a team down on confidence. 

For the first time this season there were things to build on from a game, even though it’s another defeat. I hope that tonight shows Koeman the system we need to be playing but I have a horrible feeling that come Sunday afternoon we’ll be back with he paceless first 11 we’ve been treated to, with no width. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The best we’ve played all season to be honest. Genuinely thought we’d go on to win it after getting the equaliser but then their second goal killed us. That’s what happens when you’re a team down on confidence. 

For the first time this season there were things to build on from a game, even though it’s another defeat. I hope that tonight shows Koeman the system we need to be playing but I have a horrible feeling that come Sunday afternoon we’ll be back with he paceless first 11 we’ve been treated to, with no width. 

I'd not blame confidence for the second goal. It was a poor tactical change from the manager. Sandro completely mucked it up, and shouldn't have been given the opportunity. I hope I never see Martina paired with Sandro down the left ever again. 

I'd agree it's probs the best and played this season though. Davies, Vlasic, and Mirallas looked very positive, and I'm sure they'll start under our next manager. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'd not blame confidence for the second goal. It was a poor tactical change from the manager. Sandro completely mucked it up, and shouldn't have been given the opportunity. I hope I never see Martina paired with Sandro down the left ever again. 

I'd agree it's probs the best and played this season though. Davies, Vlasic, and Mirallas looked very positive, and I'm sure they'll start under our next manager. 

I wasn’t blaming the goal on a lack of confidence, I was saying their second goal killed us because of a lack of confidence. 

That second half was the best we've played all season right up until their second goal. Having wingers on the pitch worked. Having Sig in the right position worked.

If it wasn't for Martina trying to hoof the ball up the pitch which Sandro couldn't control (not many players would) they wouldn't of got that winner.

Credit where it is due, he's been shite this season but Williams was much improved last night.

People are saying that's the best we have played this year but I think we only created 2 or 3 open play chances. The Klaasen one was a defensive mistake and the goal and the chance that followed were set pieces. 

They created at least 3 open play chances in the second half.

Just watched the replays. Williams should have got a yellow but he gets surrounded by of their lot and then the keeper rushes over to escalate it more. How can you justify only booking one of their lot?

How can you blame Everton for fan trouble when it was caused by the Lyon players overreaction? 

And if you look for the route of the cause that falls squarely on the referees shoulders for not controlling the game letting Lyon piss about and dive all over the pitch. 

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just watched the replays. Williams should have got a yellow but he gets surrounded by of their lot and then the keeper rushes over to escalate it more. How can you justify only booking one of their lot?

How can you blame Everton for fan trouble when it was caused by the Lyon players overreaction? 

And if you look for the route of the cause that falls squarely on the referees shoulders for not controlling the game letting Lyon piss about and dive all over the pitch. 

If one of the Lyon players had done the same to Pickford I would hope that our lot would also react in the same way.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If one of the Lyon players had done the same to Pickford I would hope that our lot would also react in the same way.

Pickford would get up and let the player know, maybe Williams too, but not half the team. They'd be a yellow for the opposition and no crowd trouble. 

Williams had every right to throw a punch in his situation. Five lads round him looked like they were ready for a bukake circle. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Pickford would get up and let the player know, maybe Williams too, but not half the team. They'd be a yellow for the opposition and no crowd trouble. 

Williams had every right to throw a punch in his situation. Five lads round him looked like they were ready for a bukake circle. 

Did he bollocks. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Williams had every right to throw a punch in his situation. Five lads round him looked like they were ready for a bukake circle. 

Ewwwwww.

No wonder he was a bit offended.

• 1 month later...