IGNORED

Lyon (Europa League Group Stage HOME) Thursday October 19th

markjazzbassist

Gotta get some results in Europe.  They are a talented side and Fekir has goals in him.  I hope we attack and press and play this lineup

Pickford

Kenny Keane Jags Baines

Schneiderlin

Davies   Gylfi

Vlasic   DCL    Sandro

Pace and no rooney.  i want fast attacking with sandro vlasic and DCL all interchanging and davies joining in.  Gylfi and morgan feeding passes and pressing.

We have to have a complete change in team selection and tactics for this game, he can't keep playing the same players who are turning out rubbish every week.

I'd like to see a good attacking set up in this game.

Pickford

Holgate.      Keane.       Jagielka.     Baines.

Besic.

Vlasic.     Davies     Sigurdsson.      Mirallas.

DCL.

I don't think for one minute that we will see anything like this but it's time for a change  Are we really bothered about this  euro game, because  we just continue to embarass ourselves and the club.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

We have to have a complete change in team selection and tactics for this game, he can't keep playing the same players who are turning out rubbish every week.

I'd like to see a good attacking set up in this game.

Pickford

Holgate.      Keane.       Jagielka.     Baines.

Besic.

Vlasic.     Davies     Sigurdsson.      Mirallas.

DCL.

I don't think for one minute that we will see anything like this but it's time for a change  Are we really bothered about this  euro game, because  we just continue to embarass ourselves and the club.

I'd be made up with that

14 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

The whole forum is stagnant mate.

I think the opposite; rarely been so busy. The fact that the majority of content is negative is a different issue:).

You're just pissed off because you've been found out in the "predict our result" thread:lol:.

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think the opposite; rarely been so busy. The fact that the majority of content is negative is a different issue:).

You're just pissed off because you've been found out in the "predict our result" thread:lol:.

Mike can we please stick to the thread topic rather than straying off into other topics?:rolleyes:

More importantly it's Koeman that's been found out not me.

I agree this will be same old same old. Not learning from his mistakes. It's interesting he sees the Brighton game as a game we nearly won whereas I see it as a game we were lucky to draw.

if I am honest it's the performances that cause the most fear for me. After our biggest summer of all time we look a lot worse than last season and that's down to the lack of 1 player.

what's the point in saying what I hope the line up will be???

when its taken him this long and this much money spent and we haven't even seen anything that resembles a side that looks balanced then I'm just waiting for him to fall on his sword. 

Even if he was to put out a side that had pace and balance with players doing their correct roles then I'm afraid its too late - I don't want a manager who is either

1. Too stupid

2. Too stubborn

3. Too arrogant

to do the right thing. 

He is unmovable this bloke - for me I believe he is waiting to be put out of his misery and handed the remainder of his £6m a year contract....  will he walk? no chance, he aint gonna waive £9m  knowing there wont be a queue of people waiting for him. 

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Will be the same as always. Everton will have a bit of possession but fail to break through due to lack of pace and cutting edge.

Rooney will start and fall over the ball a couple of times, give it away on the half way line and blast a few into the legs of defenders and over the bar.

Then Lyon will realise how impotent our whole squad are and will break away and score.

0-1 to Lyon on the night.

Fixed it for you mate 

3 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

I agree this will be same old same old. Not learning from his mistakes. It's interesting he sees the Brighton game as a game we nearly won whereas I see it as a game we were lucky to draw.

if I am honest it's the performances that cause the most fear for me. After our biggest summer of all time we look a lot worse than last season and that's down to the lack of 1 player.

I feel we need more than one player... creative midfielders who can hold up if necessary and create those splitting passes.At least two attackers who are clinical, big target men and are willing to run into spaces in the third quarter ..... As of now, the entire team plays as if they were just promoted and fighting to prevent relegation. They are trying to contain the other teams for 85 minutes and not playing their own attacking game. Most of the matches, we were simply trying to defend,defend and defend and make stupid mistakes in the process.... the number of splitting passes or attacks we had is only handful the entire season...

It can’t be right that your not arsed about watching your team. I got like this under Martinez. I’d like to see him change formations or personnel like playing Mirallas or lookman but I just feel he is stringing it along hoping to get sacked and  then blame the recruitment team for not getting a striker in. We will concede no doubt so the best I can see is a 2-1 to us. I’m being positive. Vlasic and DCL

8 hours ago, Btay said:

As long as we play one DCM - I'd hope for Besic but I really wouldn't be arsed if it's Gana or Morgan as long as it's one of them with Davis and Gylfi in front and Vlasic DCL Sandro/Kev as a pacey front 3.

Yep, I would use this formation:

Pickford

Holgate   Keane   Jags   Baines

Gana

Davies        Gylfie

Vlasic                            Sandro

DCL

Gana helping the defence all the time and rarely going forward, Davies the main centre midfielder, Gylfie pushing forward when in possession, Vlasic and Sandro bombing the wings and occasionally cutting inside, Baines supporting the midfield, DCL moving into channels and swapping runs with Sandro and Vlasic as I think all three of them are capable to score.

Massive night for the club whatever happens. Anything other than a convincing win and Koeman has to go - if not, then serious questions need to be asked of the board as to why they think being knocked out of Europe three games in is acceptable.

If a miracle does happen and we turn up and play something resembling football - then the season can still be salvaged.

I just hope DCL is up top and not out wide. With that we deffo don’t need 2 defensive midfielders as we all know. I’ve said before  I’d like us to go 4-4-2 but that won’t happen. I could see him going with 5 at the back again. 5-1-3-1 Kenny, holgate,jags,Keane,Baines,gana, vlasic,gilfi,mirrallas and DCL