IGNORED

Travel in today's world

Cornish Steve

8 hours ago, johnh said:

Mike, when I flew out to Singapore (1955) we were on a four engine (propellers)

I used to love flying on planes with "proper" propellers as a kid; they fascinated me. Never had one conk out though.

Anyway the outpouring of sympathy on here for my plight today has truly touched me. I'm sure you'll all be mightily relieved to know I'm home safe now.

Image result for sulk

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, johnh said:

Nearly as bad, but not quite:   My missus refuses to go on an aeroplane. Never been on one, never will.

Reminds me of my great aunt Agatha, flatly refused to get on a plane so never left the country until she was in her eighties when finally she went on a cruise. The ship sank.

A plane crashed into it:67:.

The old ones are the best:lol:.

Last year's highlight for me was 2.5 weeks in Japan - I'd highly recommend Asia for anyone truly wanting to experience something different. 

This year, it's looking like the big trip might be going to BVI (Tortola, Virgin Gorda) with a bunch of mates - I would love to get back to Asia or the center of the universe (Europe), but we will see

2 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

This year, it's looking like the big trip might be going to BVI (Tortola, Virgin Gorda) with a bunch of mates

Sounds amazing that. On a slightly less exotic level I've just booked two nights in a hotel in Glastonbury for the wife's birthday next month. I'm even considering asking her if she'd like to come along:D.

On 16/01/2018 at 14:13, Quinn31 said:

Last year's highlight for me was 2.5 weeks in Japan - I'd highly recommend Asia for anyone truly wanting to experience something different. 

This year, it's looking like the big trip might be going to BVI (Tortola, Virgin Gorda) with a bunch of mates - I would love to get back to Asia or the center of the universe (Europe), but we will see

I've been to St.Thomas the American Virgin Islands, had to land in Antigua then get the Liat Island hopper to St.Thomas, what an experience that was landed on 3 Islands before we got to ours my missus is not a good flyer so being on a plane the size of a mini bus going up and down constantly kept her very quiet she was shiting herself.

On 19/01/2018 at 00:41, Palfy said:

I've been to St.Thomas the American Virgin Islands, had to land in Antigua then get the Liat Island hopper to St.Thomas, what an experience that was landed on 3 Islands before we got to ours my missus is not a good flyer so being on a plane the size of a mini bus going up and down constantly kept her very quiet she was shiting herself.

I absolutely despise flying, but those planes are the ones I’m most comfortable in ironically 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I absolutely despise flying, but those planes are the ones I’m most comfortable in ironically 

The only times I've been up in small planes I've jumped out of them:lol:.

(Statistically safer to parachute out of a small plane than land in it we were told during training:huh:. Also a safer "sport" as far as fatalities go than golf mainly due to lightning strikes)

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

The only times I've been up in small planes I've jumped out of them:lol:.

(Statistically safer to parachute out of a small plane than land in it we were told during training:huh:. Also a safer "sport" as far as fatalities go than golf mainly due to lightning strikes)

That's a scary stat! 

Although for a second I thought it read that it was safer to parachute out of a small plane than land your parachute in a small plane... its been a long day! 

• 2 weeks later...

Booked a trip today to Australia flying into Sydney plan is to have 5-6 days there with the wife's family then go off and tour for 2-3 weeks doing this in October and November, if anyone's been or knows the country would be grateful for any suggestions of were to go and what to see.