IGNORED

Valencia (Home - Pre Season)

aaron

Utterly dismal 2d half from Everton.  Only Jagielka showed much energy.  If I were to judge solely by his uninterested 10 minutes, I’d happily get rid of Lookman.  He didn’t invest any energy in his opportunity.  I do not want him to leave, but another “effort” like today’s and I’ll change my mind.

Our passing is still inconsistent, to put it very kindly.  Opponents must know they can depend on us to give away the ball regularly.  Our defense, including Schneiderlin, is a shambles.  We invent new ways to look foolish defensively virtually every single match.  Very doubtful we can score enough goals to finish 7th.

Wolves’ players and fans will be excited to get disorganized, lethargic Everon for their welcome back to the Premier League.

I cant say that I am looking forward to next week. We have big problems through the middle of the team, Gana was much more aggressive and pressing higher with Schneiderlin sweeping but half decent teams will play around Gana and then be 2 v 1 against Schneiderlin. Jags and Keane look a little to deep at times but they also shit themselves when anyome gets in behind. 

I thought we had some success in the front 4 though. With better passing through midfield we could have played through them more but that dropped off second half. 

Bar one moment where he switched off I thought Digne looked good when he came on. The other subs didnt really give Silva a headache. Sandro to me looks the Sandro I remember now the levels are going up and Lookman sulked around like he couldnt give a shit. 

Dear somebody,

Please help me I’m an Everton supporter who has been tortured by his club for the last 2 years, I have strong reasons to believe that I will be tortured by them again this season. 

I am close to breaking point do I have rights against humanity to force them to stop this inhuman  practice against me and  my fellow supporters, we are a loyal bunch who deserve better. 

Just watching the highlights...

their first goal is all on Baines

our first goal is simply brilliant play from Theo and what a finish from Tosun. 

Their second goal is a defensive clusterfuck

our second goal is all about the delivery, but kudos to Keane for such a clinical finish. At that pace, it wasn’t as easy as it looked. 

Their 3rd is just shit from our side, but honestly what was Stek doing?! Cracking strike mind you

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Three things from this match.

Gana is head and shoulders above Schneiderlin. 

Schneirdlin offers absolutely zero to us.

Sandro is so lightweight.

I mean the guy is so weak. Seeing him in person, I realise how weak he is.

Agree with Schneiderlin and Sandro.

With Gana he just seems to cancel himself out. Does something good (tackle, interception etc) but then gives the ball back to them the next time he gets the chance. Watching the pair of them together is maddening! 

I am going to call this post, the absolution of Leighton Baines.

Have a butchers at this positioning from Keane. Baines gets caught under the ball because he starts to react to the man running in front of him and behind Keane who wants to make sure Jags can hear him whisper in his ear.

image.png.1b7ded2708acefab8e6b157b08e5e56b.png

Baines actually does pretty well to stop the Valencian player from doing any more damage.

When you run this forward a couple of seconds and the player is at the byline, Stek ends up 3 yards off his line, completely outside of his left hand post and flat on his arse. I understand Keane's reaction to cover the goal because his twat of a keeper has just abandoned ship and then neither him of Jags can get close enough to the scorer to block the shot.

Highlights:

For the second goal, you can see it was Schneiderlin not paying full attention. Number 19 starts the move and then gets back into the box running behind Schneiderlin. Gana doesnt exactly react mind you.

There is a lot wrong with how easy it was for them to get down that channel though. Not quite sure who should be doing what, but Schneiderlin looks like he is trying to cut out a passing lane. Baines isnt close enough to 19 when he gets the ball but then he is quickly overloaded by the full back that gets the assist. Richarlison, like Walcott on the other side for the first goal, not really contibuting enough defensively but if you want aggressive attacking wingers it will happen.

Last goal is a real fuck up from Sandro and Coleman but its a bit too easy for the lad to cut inside (I doubt Jags would allow that in a PL game knowing his footedness) but I dont think Keane helps him. If I was Jags, I would hope that my fellow CB could come across and force them into making another pass which Jags can then undercut whilst hoping that one of the FB's can also get back to make a tackle. At the time the scorer takes his last touch I think he should be trying to make a challenge and not just running towards goal.

I would also hope my keeper doesn't dive out of the way of the shot too!

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

For the second goal, you can see it was Schneiderlin not paying full attention. Number 19 starts the move and then gets back into the box running behind Schneiderlin. Gana doesnt exactly react mind you.

There is a lot wrong with how easy it was for them to get down that channel though. Not quite sure who should be doing what, but Schneiderlin looks like he is trying to cut out a passing lane. Baines isnt close enough to 19 when he gets the ball but then he is quickly overloaded by the full back that gets the assist. Richarlison, like Walcott on the other side for the first goal, not really contibuting enough defensively but if you want aggressive attacking wingers it will happen.

Gana doesn’t react fuck me Bailey that’s a bit of an understatement, Gana was ball watching as usual he was looking at the player out wide who was about to cross the ball, not once did pick a player up close a space or survey what was going on around him, when the cross came in Gana was next to the man who scored but as usual behind him and on the wrong side of him, then the only movement he made was to throw his arms in the air in complaint as a form of defence because he new he’d fucked up again. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Gana doesn’t react fuck me Bailey that’s a bit of an understatement, Gana was ball watching as usual he was looking at the player out wide who was about to cross the ball, not once did pick a player up close a space or survey what was going on around him, when the cross came in Gana was next to the man who scored but as usual behind him and on the wrong side of him, then the only movement he made was to throw his arms in the air in complaint as a form of defence because he new he’d fucked up again. 

The pair of them are fixated on the ball.  They only seem to care about their own man and not whats best for the team, Keane in the last goal is another example of that. What makes it worse is that they cant even mark their own man properly.

Just watched the highlights, we looked more incisive going forward  in the first half compared to last season, but we're still making basic mistakes in our own half, we all know Pickford will be better than Stek, but it frightens the life out of me that if he gets injured we're going to have Stek on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

The pair of them are fixated on the ball.  They only seem to care about their own man and not whats best for the team, Keane in the last goal is another example of that. What makes it worse is that they cant even mark their own man properly.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

We need people who can read the game and position themselves for most eventualitys static ball watching is going to cost us dearly, it’s scary when the supporters can see it and are screaming the calls out and the guys on the pitch getting 100K a week seem oblivious to what’s going on around them, and also we need a leader out there someone who will bark orders and fire some fucks into half hearted players who amble around and show little responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

We need people who can read the game and position themselves for most eventualitys static ball watching is going to cost us dearly, it’s scary when the supporters can see it and are screaming the calls out and the guys on the pitch getting 100K a week seem oblivious to what’s going on around them, and also we need a leader out there someone who will bark orders and fire some fucks into half hearted players who amble around and show little responsibility. 

Couldnt agree more.