IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It’s not a mis interpretation blue so do me a favour and try not to change my opinion- thanks. 👍

I know I can be seen a bit of a tough taskmaster when some fans think everything is all good and hunky dory with players and because they are good at what they do makes them immune to criticism.

I’m pretty sure if you had your way we would still be looking at ways of making Andre Gomes the player he appeared to be around 15 times in his whole Everton career. But I’m a bit different.  I seen how quickly our squad changed in its character when we started indulging the likes of mirallas, Lukaku, eto, schneiderlein, where their own “personal preferences” were aired to the public and against the managers direction.

im not saying that Gordon is that person - yet.   But the yet means I think he does need to be mentored let’s just say.  It’s not personal to him, it’s common when young players get overly praised, very easy for them to lose what got them in the first team to start with. 

im not sweating about it too much cos we have Coady and Tarkowski who don’t suffer fools. Maybe they will stop him being the next Barkley, Rodwell, Jeffers, Cadamarteri, Branch, and maybe be the next Sheedy or Trevor Steven. 

Don’t try to change my opinion, but read four paragraphs of me trying to change yours. 😂

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No…. He actually rewrote my opinion Steve.  Not actually offering debate, which I kindly did

If only wishing made it so Haff!!

I didnt re-write your opinion, I edited your post for comic effect.

Everyone knows your opinion on Gordon, my opinion is also posted on here, and we have engaged in debate.

A little humor from time to time and all that.

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

If he wants a release clause and he knows we weren’t willing to sell at £50m then surely Anthony and his agent will expect that clause to be significantly higher. If that’s the case then I don’t care. I’d rather all of our players have release clauses the club are happy with. 

I don’t see how release clauses benefit the club.  See gana at Villa, haarland at dortmund (probably cost them £150m) 

if a player has release clause of £100m the only way a club will pay that is if the player is worth it. So in which case, let’s say Gordon has a £100m release clause, if a club is prepared to pay that then it is obviously going to be a scenario where the lad has marked himself as an England regular and is a top talent.

the Likelihood of this happening isn’t beyond him as he has raw talent in the same way grealish showed.  

10 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If only wishing made it so Haff!!

I didnt re-write your opinion, I edited your post for comic effect.

Everyone knows your opinion on Gordon, my opinion is also posted on here, and we have engaged in debate.

A little humor from time to time and all that.

My opinion on Gordon???

I think my opinion on Gordon is very flexible, it’s kinda indexed to his performances/attitude.   I’m happy to give examples of the glowing praise I’ve given him and  high hopes for his future.  

But at this moment my opinion is that he has his head up his own backside a fair bit and he needs help getting it removed. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

My opinion on Gordon???

I think my opinion on Gordon is very flexible, it’s kinda indexed to his performances/attitude.   I’m happy to give examples of the glowing praise I’ve given him and  high hopes for his future.  

But at this moment my opinion is that he has his head up his own backside a fair bit and he needs help getting it removed. 

Haff, you are the very definition of flexibility 😂

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Haff, you are the very definition of flexibility 😂

On 13/03/2022 at 10:27, Hafnia said:

He is the template as to what an Everton player needs to look like.  He is the catalyst for our home performances - the things he does gets the crowd to amplify….. as if to say to the rest of them “this is what you are supposed to do”

how did the players on the pitch not feel embarrassed the other night? Did they not see this kid look like the only man on the pitch? Did they not think “ffs I better get moving”

the only answer is they are thick as pig shit and believe they can con everyone. 

On 13/03/2022 at 18:03, Hafnia said:

Feel sorry for this lad. He deserves to have played with a proper Everton side. 

On 18/03/2022 at 17:10, Hafnia said:

Make him captain….. more or less captained us yesterday 

On 06/07/2022 at 22:38, Hafnia said:

Have you not wondered why both spurs and Newcastle have been happy to bid a reputed £30m for him and that lampard is steadfast in his insistence that he is not be sold. 

“even if” he didn’t have his technical ability to carry the ball and dribble at pace, his athletic attributes and willingness to work at his game and rapid progress would see him valued at £30m. Look at his numbers for last season, he was one of the most productive wide players in the league.

yes his final ball was so often wanting but these things will improve. I anticipate a faster stronger player in pre season games. 

On 06/07/2022 at 22:43, Hafnia said:

We had to sell Richarlison by the 30th June, the need to sell him drove down the cost. Gordon has a higher ceiling than Richarlison, Richie was an amazing workhorse who was good in the air, ran hard and could chip in with goals. 

gordon has the ability to beat players, Richie wasn’t strong at that. Within a year I expect Gordon to be more filled out, stronger and have a physicality similar to bale at spurs. 

On 08/07/2022 at 09:48, Hafnia said:

Tell me a winger of matching pace, skill, who delivered the things you want from Gordon at least 60% of the games…..  I’ll wait.

the reason I’ll wait is that the role is typically the one that has the least consistency. If you do find a few players please let me know their transfer value and age….

his delivery suffered in the more intense games, adrenaline on set pieces was deffo too high.  His pace increase was significant and it will take time for him to adapt his crossing at increased pace. 

the lad will be in running for young player of the season next year, mark my words. 

On 09/07/2022 at 17:38, Hafnia said:

The opinion may change if he starts getting carried away with it and not bothering his arse on the pitch. 

That last one was very telling wasn’t it. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That last one was very telling wasn’t it. 

Only if you think he "Has his head up his arse" which I don't.

I get why you think that Haff, and you are absolutely entitle to your opinion and others agree with you.

I just see it differently, I see a young player who had a poor game and that's it, if he has poor behaviour and lack of effort in future games then I'll agree with you. I can't read too much into a player's mindset and attitude off one game.

53 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Only if you think he "Has his head up his arse" which I don't.

I get why you think that Haff, and you are absolutely entitle to your opinion and others agree with you.

I just see it differently, I see a young player who had a poor game and that's it, if he has poor behaviour and lack of effort in future games then I'll agree with you. I can't read too much into a player's mindset and attitude off one game.

Nope. I was completely fucked off with him in the last game. Had to get shouted at to track back a few times, then one time he did a track back he tried to act the hero and throw Patterson under the bus thinking the fans would be impressed by his one off effort.  

completely backfired, goodison isn’t a forgiving place for players who think they can turn it on and off and give shit to an honest player who shows more balls than any 19/20 year old I’ve seen. 

very very disappointing to see that. 

just so you can see what it was…….

to also put into context, look at this one in the derby

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t see how release clauses benefit the club.  See gana at Villa, haarland at dortmund (probably cost them £150m) 

if a player has release clause of £100m the only way a club will pay that is if the player is worth it. So in which case, let’s say Gordon has a £100m release clause, if a club is prepared to pay that then it is obviously going to be a scenario where the lad has marked himself as an England regular and is a top talent.

the Likelihood of this happening isn’t beyond him as he has raw talent in the same way grealish showed.  

If we agree a release clause of £75m with Gordon, as an example, if he wants to leave then it’s £75m or he stays. No messing. If a club wants him pay the clause. You don’t have to get stuck in a long winded transfer saga, you make sure his agent and the player know he will only be sold at that price. 

If we were to put a low release clause in then I would understand it, but then why bother putting in a clause that wouldn’t suit the club too? 

Clubs don’t only pay what a player might be worth. They will pay more if they really want a player. Grealish for £100m? Nope! Nunez for whatever the shite paid? Nope! Pretty much all of the players Chelsea signed this summer, way over the odds because they wanted them. Most of the players we bought in the last six years. Clubs will over pay if they want a player. If they don’t then we keep a player who is valuable to us on the pitch. It’s not that complicated. 

25 minutes ago, StevO said:

If we agree a release clause of £75m with Gordon, as an example, if he wants to leave then it’s £75m or he stays. No messing. If a club wants him pay the clause. You don’t have to get stuck in a long winded transfer saga, you make sure his agent and the player know he will only be sold at that price. 

If we were to put a low release clause in then I would understand it, but then why bother putting in a clause that wouldn’t suit the club too? 

Clubs don’t only pay what a player might be worth. They will pay more if they really want a player. Grealish for £100m? Nope! Nunez for whatever the shite paid? Nope! Pretty much all of the players Chelsea signed this summer, way over the odds because they wanted them. Most of the players we bought in the last six years. Clubs will over pay if they want a player. If they don’t then we keep a player who is valuable to us on the pitch. It’s not that complicated. 

Putting a clause on a player like Gordon is difficult because his ceiling is so high.  For me that’s because he has pure pace and can run with the ball.  We will know in the next year where he will likely end up. 

if he kicks on from the level he was at last season then he’s a potential solid £100m player.  That’s how highly I rate him and clearly how highly many scouts in the game rate him.  Klopp doesn’t throw praise on our players talents often. Lampard has played with some serious wingers in his time from Beckham, Robben, Zola, and he rates the lad highly.

I was absolutely delighted to see lampard shepherds crook him on Sunday.  The lad has got waaay to high on himself and I was hoping lampard would be on hand to basically bring him back down to earth. I really rate the kid but I’ve seen shit recently that I thought him better of. 

Nope. I was completely fucked off with him in the last game. Had to get shouted at to track back a few times, then one time he did a track back he tried to act the hero and throw Patterson under the bus thinking the fans would be impressed by his one off effort.  

completely backfired, goodison isn’t a forgiving place for players who think they can turn it on and off and give shit to an honest player who shows more balls than any 19/20 year old I’ve seen. 

very very disappointing to see that. 

just so you can see what it was…….

to also put into context, look at this one in the derby

Looks to me like communication issues more than anything else.

Onana should have been the one to take charge and close the ball. Gordon didn't want to break from his shape.

Same thing happened at the back. The back 4 wanted to stay tight and compact and not leave a massive gap. 

Anyone of Onana, Gordon or Patterson could and should have taken control of the situation but they didnt and they probably all will point the finger at each other with some justification.

48 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Onana should have been the one to take charge and close the ball. Gordon didn't want to break from his shape.

Same thing happened at the back. The back 4 wanted to stay tight and compact and not leave a massive gap. 

Anyone of Onana, Gordon or Patterson could and should have taken control of the situation but they didnt and they probably all will point the finger at each other with some justification.

I would expect the management team to review with the team scenarios like this. Mistakes are OK if you learn from them.

Some random player ratings for the Liverpool match, none complain about a lack of effort:

Liverpool World

Anthony Gordon** - 7

Caught a first-half effort so sweet but just couldn’t find the corner. Pace caused problems - especially on the counter-attack in the second half as spaces opened up.

90 Minutes

LW: Anthony Gordon - 6/10 - Buzzed around and looked to stretch the game as much as possible. An irritant throughout for Liverpool's defence.

Echo

Anthony Gordon - 6

As you'd expect he got really stuck into the match and as ever his work off the ball was fantastic, but he couldn't really create much with the ball at his feet in the final third on this ocassion unfortunately. He worked tirelessly, though.

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

Some random player ratings for the Liverpool match, none complain about a lack of effort:

Liverpool World

Anthony Gordon** - 7

Caught a first-half effort so sweet but just couldn’t find the corner. Pace caused problems - especially on the counter-attack in the second half as spaces opened up.

90 Minutes

LW: Anthony Gordon - 6/10 - Buzzed around and looked to stretch the game as much as possible. An irritant throughout for Liverpool's defence.

Echo

Anthony Gordon - 6

As you'd expect he got really stuck into the match and as ever his work off the ball was fantastic, but he couldn't really create much with the ball at his feet in the final third on this ocassion unfortunately. He worked tirelessly, though.

Ah the good old match ratings the true indicator of player performance . Nothing to see here folks….. Gordon’s lack of effort in the last few games, petulant yellow cards (one more for a ban) is a mirage.

Come on London Ffs, he’s been poor and against West Ham his effort was poor and fans audibly got irritated by him. Lampard hooked him off - He was a 5/10 no more than that. 

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

In the derby game he was ball watching, could have done more. 

the West Ham game was piss poor. He had already left Patterson exposed on several occasions and West Ham had targeted Patterson for that reason.   Gordon absolutely needed to tuck in, he only got on his toes when you heard the crowd audibly shout at him. Then cos he made a tackle he thought he would do a nice bit of deflection and have a go at Patterson…. Big mistake.   Patterson had absolutely none of it - tore back into him and by all accounts fans got stuck in too cos they had seen enough. Gordon was fuming cos he clearly thought he carries more status than him - Patterson fair play was livid.

The problem is Gordon petulantly tried to carry it on as the corner was being taken.  Coady went and had a word and Gordon got subbed with McNeil coming on and doing a far better job at helping Patterson out. 

I’m not so bothered about a bit of naivety and lack of experience. What has pissed me off is he continually left a team mate exposed and pathetically tried to deflect blame on him. No way would he have done that to a senior player. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ah the good old match ratings the true indicator of player performance . Nothing to see here folks….. Gordon’s lack of effort in the last few games, petulant yellow cards (one more for a ban) is a mirage.

Come on London Ffs, he’s been poor and against West Ham his effort was poor and fans audibly got irritated by him. Lampard hooked him off - He was a 5/10 no more than that. 

So it means nothing that Iwobi leads our MotM ratings by a flying mile? "Nothing to see here folks." 🙄

I get that it's hardly a scientific measure, but "the wisdom of crowds" usually carries considerable weight. Depending how match ratings are calculated, they can be a useful measure of a player's impact on a game.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

So it means nothing that Iwobi leads our MotM ratings by a flying mile? "Nothing to see here folks." 🙄

I get that it's hardly a scientific measure, but "the wisdom of crowds" usually carries considerable weight. Depending how match ratings are calculated, they can be a useful measure of a player's impact on a game.

What are you on about Steve? I’ve given an actual example of a player ball watching and creating an argument on the pitch having spent the whole match not bothering his arse and getting dragged off and the response was a couple of of ratings from websites that gave him a 7/10…  Gordon hasn’t had 1 vote in the last 2 games, since the transfer window shut and he’s looked half arsed.

here’s a 5/10 review just to aunthenticate my observations 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/everton-vs-west-ham-player-ratings-maupay-first-goal-gray-gordon-bowen-1863976

😏

44 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What are you on about Steve? I’ve given an actual example of a player ball watching and creating an argument on the pitch having spent the whole match not bothering his arse and getting dragged off and the response was a couple of of ratings from websites that gave him a 7/10…  Gordon hasn’t had 1 vote in the last 2 games, since the transfer window shut and he’s looked half arsed.

What I'm on about is that decent player ratings indicate that a significant number of people believe a player contributed well, so they shouldn't be dismissed lightly. I tend to agree that Gordon has not played so well in the last two games, but he scored twice earlier in the season when speculation was at its height. I'm willing to accept that he's simply had a couple of off days, that two games with less of an impact do not a trend make, especially when decent ratings imply others feel the same. Sometimes, I do think you jump to conclusions too soon and try to fit data to match your opinion.

I generally don't follow the stats prefer to see with my own eyes and I have seen a player who isn't busting a gut unlike many others who have really stepped up to the plate recently. Erratic challenges bringing yellow cards, not really what prospective clubs might want to see. I want him to do well with us but as mentioned countless times he could go the way of the Rodwells, Barkleys and Lescotts of this world.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

What I'm on about is that decent player ratings indicate that a significant number of people believe a player contributed well, so they shouldn't be dismissed lightly. I tend to agree that Gordon has not played so well in the last two games, but he scored twice earlier in the season when speculation was at its height. I'm willing to accept that he's simply had a couple of off days, that two games with less of an impact do not a trend make, especially when decent ratings imply others feel the same. Sometimes, I do think you jump to conclusions too soon and try to fit data to match your opinion.

I make my opinion based on what I see and look for any commonalities….

He was touted for a move away as the season kicked off. Scored a goal against forest and gave it the “call me” telephone gesture prior to goal being disallowed, what the fuck was all that about many of us thought. He then started liking social media stuff by the Chelsea full back. 

Scored another 2 separate goals which he gestured fingers in his ears clearly in reference to the noise about his move. Certainly looked like he was playing to impress. 

in the end he stayed as the window shut, by all accounts he told the club he wanted to go but wasn’t going to put in a transfer request.  

in the 2 games since he has looked a shadow of the player he was at the end of last season and the games we had when window was open.

i personally couldn’t give a crap if a young player goes off the boil. I can however get annoyed as fuck when it appears their attitude changes and I’m still fucked off about his pathetic attempt to throw Patterson under the bus. Yet I’m made up that Patterson told him to get to fuck, and was followed up by Coady having a stern word. 

im sure grumpy haf has got it all wrong and the lad is just a bit tired or something…. But the post above tells me others are seeing the same. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Haf, the match ratings I gave were from the Liverpool game as you said Gordon had not been putting the effort in in a couple of games. 

Here is the full rating for Gordon from the I.

Anthony Gordon – Unusually subdued and his frustration at not being more influential was clear when he needlessly hauled back Cornet. Replaced by Dwight McNeil with 15 minutes remaining. Not his day 5

I agree with them it was not his day. 

12 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Haf, the match ratings I gave were from the Liverpool game as you said Gordon had not been putting the effort in in a couple of games. 

Here is the full rating for Gordon from the I.

Anthony Gordon – Unusually subdued and his frustration at not being more influential was clear when he needlessly hauled back Cornet. Replaced by Dwight McNeil with 15 minutes remaining. Not his day 5

I agree with them it was not his day. 

I thought for a scouser playing in the derby he resembled a lad from France who didn’t quite get the memo… very pedestrian and ball watchy 

“Not your day” is things don’t go your way despite best efforts.

he didn’t do best efforts, he was a disgrace and that rant at Patterson was completely and utterly disgusting. It was the behaviour of a spoilt prick who decides to have a go at little brother cos mummy and daddy have told him he can’t go out. Finger pointing in his face?  I’ve seen it written that a few players got into Gordon and the speed of the substitution afterwards said the management team were not impressed. 

like I say, I’ve backed the lad to be a great player so my anger at him is coming from a place of huge disappointment. I fear we may have a diva on our hands and this team has had to go through much character rebuilding.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I thought for a scouser playing in the derby he resembled a lad from France who didn’t quite get the memo… very pedestrian and ball watchy 

“Not your day” is things don’t go your way despite best efforts.

he didn’t do best efforts, he was a disgrace and that rant at Patterson was completely and utterly disgusting. It was the behaviour of a spoilt prick who decides to have a go at little brother cos mummy and daddy have told him he can’t go out. Finger pointing in his face?  I’ve seen it written that a few players got into Gordon and the speed of the substitution afterwards said the management team were not impressed. 

like I say, I’ve backed the lad to be a great player so my anger at him is coming from a place of huge disappointment. I fear we may have a diva on our hands and this team has had to go through much character rebuilding.

I think that's where we disagree, I don't see how you can base the "Diva" thing on 1 poor performance.

And until we have more games to judge we will have to leave it there.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I think that's where we disagree, I don't see how you can base the "Diva" thing on 1 poor performance.

And until we have more games to judge we will have to leave it there.

It’s not the performance, it’s the pissy attitude. Pathetic yellow cards which are an insult to his teammates, not tracking runners, “call me” gestures when transfer window was open, and him thinking he can pull rank on Patterson.

He was a spotty teenager 2 minutes ago and now he’s giving it the biggun, I’ve seen this dance many many times before, we like to think our home grown scousers are good grounded lads - Barkley never had the ego this lad has at such an age. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fuck me talk about jumping to conclusions!

Yes he has been poor that past few games but all young players, especially wingers, have dips in form

It’s probably the best for all parties if he does move on in January because it appears he is now the latest whipping boy because some people believe everything they read in the press

And that is the heartbreaking thing, young talent nurtured by Everton forced out before they have a real chance to shine because of fickle, impatient fans who impose impossibly high demands on them, and then castigate them when they are not met. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fuck me talk about jumping to conclusions!

Yes he has been poor that past few games but all young players, especially wingers, have dips in form

It’s probably the best for all parties if he does move on in January because it appears he is now the latest whipping boy because some people believe everything they read in the press

Let’s just be clear on this…. I’m not outside his house giving him shit, I’m not booing him, I’m not tweeting him.

im discussing his noticeable change in demeanour since the window closed on a forum with fellow Everton fans,  apologies if such views mean it may result in us having to sell a player. But I’m not sure my reputation is high enough to influence that. 

Ffs, funny lot our fans the hypocrisy.  We buy the likes of mykolenko, Patterson, Dwight mcneil and fans write them off before giving them a chance.  But as soon as one of our players gets elevated media status  (Pickford, Lukaku, DCL, Gordon) you can’t be critical of their potential to lose their heads up their arses.  I mean let’s face it, when you are 10 years old they are the names the give you bragging rights in the playground 

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

And that is the heartbreaking thing, young talent nurtured by Everton forced out before they have a real chance to shine because of fickle, impatient fans who impose impossibly high demands on them, and then castigate them when they are not met. 

What are you talking about here blue? Have a re-read of that that, cos I think you may have got a bit carried away there. 

who is getting forced out? Correct me if I’m wrong being forced out isn’t easy to do based on the fact that if I throw names like niasse, tosun, Gomes, Delph, at you - it may register that we have paid these footballers £100m in wages for being nothing more than bench warmers. 

gordon is getting forced out at all, but hopefully his last game serves him a nice wake up call that if he tries to think he’s billy big bollocks then 1. His teammates aren’t gonna have it 2. The fans aren’t gonna have it 3. The manager won’t have it.

if he does have a problem with that then yeah, he can pack his bags and go for whatever it is that we get. maybe your memory isn’t as good as mine when it comes to the behaviour of young players who show great potential and then fade away, but let’s just say I’ve seen it before not just at this club but at many others. 

there is noise coming out that his camp are engineering it so that he won’t sign a contract and it is alerting spurs to join Chelsea in coming for him in January.