IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If, as looks likely, he's still here when the window closes I think he comes out of all of this looking good.

Much like when United came calling for Baines I'm sure he'd have jumped at the opportunity if we had agreed to the move, but he's not rocked the boat or even said a word about it all. It also shows him (and us) that he's a highly rated player.

Yea he handled it fine. I do think, objectively, it’s best he stays and really establishes himself. Playing 10 min at a time couldn’t have been great for his development. He’s a year or two away, if he progresses, from being in the starting lineup regularly for a top side.

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If, as looks likely, he's still here when the window closes I think he comes out of all of this looking good.

Much like when United came calling for Baines I'm sure he'd have jumped at the opportunity if we had agreed to the move, but he's not rocked the boat or even said a word about it all. It also shows him (and us) that he's a highly rated player.

He did say he wanted to leave though, which is different  Baines but I agree the way he handled himself on the pitch and in the press was first class. 

If Gordon went to Cheslea he would end up spending just as much time warming a bench as Richarlison does at Spurs.

If Gordon carries on as he has done this past couple of games - he could potentially sneak his way on to a plane to Qatar in November. Richarlison on the other hand may be looking over his shoulder at the likes of Raphinha or others in case they nick his place. He should be OK as its fairly close in November - if it was next summer then just getting a token 15min here and there might push him down the peaking order.   

25 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

He did say he wanted to leave though, which is different  Baines but I agree the way he handled himself on the pitch and in the press was first class. 

There were clickbait tweets and "media" articles. If he had actually said he'd wanted to leave, there'd have been a transfer request (his loyalty bonus would be buttons to what he'd earn). Yet all the training videos, photos and, most importantly, his application on the field have all shown what a crock of horseshit those attention seekers know.  

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

There were clickbait tweets and "media" articles. If he had actually said he'd wanted to leave, there'd have been a transfer request (his loyalty bonus would be buttons to what he'd earn). Yet all the training videos, photos and, most importantly, his application on the field have all shown what a crock of horseshit those attention seekers know.  

Ok lesson learned. I should have said "reportedly". The info I read was not from what I consider click bait sources but he didn't hand in a transfer request but he simply said he wanted to join Chelsea. There's a difference. 

.others in his situation would go public with those statements to agitate for move. He did not, which is what I was giving him praise for. 

either way pleased he is staying and for the attitude he demonstrated in the midst of it all.

1 minute ago, Goodison Glory said:

Ok lesson learned. I should have said "reportedly". The info I read was not from what I consider click bait sources but he didn't hand in a transfer request but he simply said he wanted to join Chelsea. There's a difference. 

.others in his situation would go public with those statements to agitate for move. He did not, which is what I was giving him praise for. 

either way pleased he is staying and for the attitude he demonstrated in the midst of it all.

And at the time there were the same reports that Baines did the same, but that he wouldn’t push for the move if we couldn’t agree a deal. So it is very much the same and as I said. 

6 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Enjoyed seeing Gordon get a bit of personal training work with Lampard and Cole, working on turning the defender (Cole himself) and getting the shot off.

Not too dissimilar to to some of the other drills but he was getting that as an extra whilst the others were all doing cool down runs.

I’ve said it before in this thread; if he can learn how to beat a full back from Ashley Cole he won’t go far wrong. Good to see that. I hope all the wingers are working with him.