IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m looking at him not jumping for headers. He’s 6ft 1 and can jump

I didn't realise he was over 6 foot! I had him down at 5ft 10 max!

39 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Playing striker he has been less involved, but I have seen him do quite a bit of tracking back and challenging for the ball. Infact it was praised by commentators in both matches. 

We have to be careful not to look for fault where none exists, especially in young players. We dont want to drive them out.

I haven't seen it in him either. No different from last year as far as I am concerned.

15 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sell

Easy now. He wasn’t great today, big period of the game where he lost the ball a lot but he looked our most likely to make something happen.

20 year old lad, let’s give him a few games in his actual position. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

For the period of play at the start when we dominated I thought he was fantastic. Caused problems, looked like he wanted to go past people. I turned to the fella next to me and even commented that he looked a lot happier playing a wider role.

But when he was bad he was very, very bad.

Young players are always inconsistent, but the talent is most definitely there.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

If Man U are about to pay 100m euros for Antony then £50m is nowhere near enough for our Anthony. Should the Man U deal go through, it SHOULD give us a strong negotiating position.

Time is of the essence our Anthony will leave this week and we need time to recruit we can’t leave it too late. 

6 minutes ago, patto said:

Time is of the essence our Anthony will leave this week and we need time to recruit we can’t leave it too late. 

Needs to happen asap or not at all. This is ridiculous now, make the transfer windows 2 weeks and that’s it.  Dragging them out till season is 4 matches old and we are crap at getting business done in time . 

On 21/08/2022 at 12:04, Hafnia said:

Needs to happen asap or not at all. This is ridiculous now, make the transfer windows 2 weeks and that’s it.  Dragging them out till season is 4 matches old and we are crap at getting business done in time . 

Should add an extra £10m per week. £60m now this week, £70m next week.

He'll be gone for that, no doubt about it.

Unless we already have deals lined up ready to go with the money then I don't see us spending it well at this late stage though. Considering we had nothing sorted when Richarlison was leaving, despite knowing he was going for months and months, I don't hold out much hope of that being the case.

I can't see this move working out well for Chelsea or Gordon and, while it will sort our FFP problems out in one move due to it being pure profit for us, it's going to be a big gamble on our part doing it this late and could be bad for us too (at least in the short term).

I'm very nervous and will remain that way until I see what we do now.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

He'll be gone for that, no doubt about it.

Unless we already have deals lined up ready to go with the money then I don't see us spending it well at this late stage though. Considering we had nothing sorted when Richarlison was leaving, despite knowing he was going for months and months, I don't hold out much hope of that being the case.

I can't see this move working out well for Chelsea or Gordon and, while it will sort our FFP problems out in one move due to it being pure profit for us, it's going to be a big gamble on our part doing it this late and could be bad for us too (at least in the short term).

I'm very nervous and will remain that way until I see what we do now.

We still have a week so if he goes now (which I agree will be a mistake for him and Chelsea), then we still have time to get the right players in.

I think Kevin Thelwell, Lampard and the Team have done an ok job so far, I trust them allot more to get the right players in, I think they have targets lined up. We have been fucked over by PSG and Ajax in those two deals, not really their fault.

Lets just see what happens, its going to be interesting.

The only way I see this benefiting Gordon is the prospect of his £5m loyalty bonus and his signing on fee from Chelsea. For a lad of his age who’s not yet signed his first big deal having someone wave the best part of £10m in your face would be very hard to turn down. 
In terms of football, I don’t see him playing very often. Not with the talent they have in that team. Fully expect him on loan somewhere next season. 

Just now, StevO said:

The only way I see this benefiting Gordon is the prospect of his £5m loyalty bonus and his signing on fee from Chelsea. For a lad of his age who’s not yet signed his first big deal having someone wave the best part of £10m in your face would be very hard to turn down. 
In terms of football, I don’t see him playing very often. Not with the talent they have in that team. Fully expect him on loan somewhere next season. 

Maybe back to us?