IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

It would be much better to see some competition for DCL rather than just back up. There has been no competition for him for some time now. Think either BBD or Borga would hopefully be pushing him to be starter.in the not to distant future. 

I’d love to see genuine competition for DCL, but I don’t see it. 
Would be happy with Borja, Maupay and really happy with BBD, and would expect one of the two younger lads to push in the future. 

1 hour ago, Formby said:

I hope you're wrong!! We have zero goals in us, DCL is becoming injury prone, we haven't replaced Richarlison. We need a bona fide striker - and soon.

I completely agree. But we haven’t even been linked with a player who would come in and be first choice, and though I don’t believe most of what’s in the press, that’s not a coincidence. 
If we bring in a first choice we would need to cash in on DCL. 
If anyone thinks we’ll sign a first choice striker I think they will be disappointed, and I’d love nothing more than to be wrong.

Replacing Richarlison, we do need to do that, but it needs to be a wide player who scores a few goals. Not a striker. 

9 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I didn't say effectively replace Richie 😂 but I do feel like the club think it's one in one out in that area and invest in other areas such as CB, MID and now ST.

If we’re to continue to play with the 523, we’ve got two new centre backs, a centre mid and one of the front three. Which I’d be fine with, if we hadn’t lost Richarlison and DCL from the starting 11. 

The problem for me with the front three is two of them need to be goal scorers, if we had DCL and Richarlison I reckon McNeil would create a lot of goals. But if he’s got Grey and Gordon it’s a waste. 
I think DCL and Gordon would score quite a few with McNeil, but we need more options. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if we sign a striker and then DCL is fit for the next game. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

"I can't assure I'll be here by the end of the window."

That's more worrying than anything he says about players. I hope they've just put that down wrong.

Now you got me worried.  I thought he was saying, "I'm gonna be here in September, but nothing's literally assured, but people want to speculate about everything, especially bad news, and more especially about Everton."  So I thought he was generally saying, "F-off, all you vultures."

Without calling them "vultures," which isn't the Everton way.  Except maybe on TT.

I think the remark was meant as something along the lines of the "anything can happen in football" cliché.

Reading between the lines I think he was saying that he's a value player for the club, and doesn't necessarily want to sell, but if an offer comes in that meets that valuation then he can't guarantee that he'll be here come September.

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

"I can't assure I'll be here by the end of the window."

That's more worrying than anything he says about players. I hope they've just put that down wrong.

His sentence before that was 

“I would be naive to offer any certainties in football” 

Simply saying “you can’t guarantee anything on football”.

Lampard knows we need players up front.  He is reiterating the value of Gordon to him and the club.

my read on it is that If lampard was not open to selling Gordon he would have said “he is under contract and he is going nowhere”, end of story.

he has stated he importance of the lad, his value, his talent and ends up saying we don’t know the outcome of what will happen.  

for me it means if Chelsea make the right offer (circa £65m plus add ons)  and we can get the right players in then he’s off.  We’ve seen this dance before haven’t we 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

This. Maybe just avoiding giving a real answer too. 

I looked at that standpoint but to not say “he’s going nowhere” when it’s in our gift to not sell, and mention “value” at least 7/8 times tells me that this is all about getting a good offer in that enables us to buy players/get Broja. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He has been a little shy in the challenge in the first 2 games so wonder if this has been coming for a while. 

Playing striker he has been less involved, but I have seen him do quite a bit of tracking back and challenging for the ball. Infact it was praised by commentators in both matches. 

We have to be careful not to look for fault where none exists, especially in young players. We dont want to drive them out.

29 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Playing striker he has been less involved, but I have seen him do quite a bit of tracking back and challenging for the ball. Infact it was praised by commentators in both matches. 

We have to be careful not to look for fault where none exists, especially in young players. We dont want to drive them out.

I’m looking at him not jumping for headers. He’s 6ft 1 and can jump