IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

6 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I agree we can't turn this down but we must have Gallagher (loan more likely) and Broja (perm) in return. Then we take a punt on another striker (Che Adams, Breton etc)

I don't think Gallagher would want to come to us on a permanent deal but loan might suit. Mind you, who's to say that Palace might be interested again?

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Christ I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. I understand he's been played out of position this season but he just doesn't look interested and I worry that his head's been turned. 

Plus that is....so much money to turn down.

Couldn’t disagree more that he doesn’t look interested. At this sort of price he needs to go. 

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Christ I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. I understand he's been played out of position this season but he just doesn't look interested and I worry that his head's been turned. 

Plus that is....so much money to turn down.

It has to be that we aren’t sure we can bring in someone this window on such limited time. That or the deal is structured in a way where we wouldn’t have that much money available this window.

In a raw sense I don’t think Gordon is worth half of 60m right now. English, potential etc.. but for what he provides now..def not.

It’s actually quite a statement from the club given how much this would do to put our finances right.

If the player does want to go (which there is some evidence of/suggestion im Gordon's case), then I don't think it ever really works out that well for either party in the long term. 

The player rarely ever goes on to have a really good season, the price goes down and there is a risk of an unhappy player. 

I don't feel like Gordon is the type of character to play up but I also wouldn't expect him to kick on either which is what we need him to do this season.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think it's the fee that's the reason we've turned it down, but more about the structure of how it's paid (and maybe that we want a player on loan as part of it).

Maybe Chelsea are fucking us around with Gallagher and Broja and we're not letting them bully us. Hopefully anyway.

Get us playing hardball,  maybe we are leveraging Spurs interest. 

chelsea will know quite clearly what we want for him and are probably kicking tyres and we are getting pissed off. 

Broja is our top target, he will no doubt be included in the deal somehow and we will want the money in a way that enables us to get more players. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think it's the fee that's the reason we've turned it down, but more about the structure of how it's paid (and maybe that we want a player on loan as part of it).

I hope you're right but, as you said before, it's a very dangerous game. Get it wrong, we're left with Gordon and no forwards. We'll be relegated with what we have at the moment.   

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Everton trying to get Broja or Gallagher into the deal.

Everton have asked Chelsea to include either England midfielder Conor Gallagher, 22, or Albania forward Armando Broja, 20, on loan as part of the deal to sign 21-year-old forward Anthony Gordon. (talkSPORT)

Loan? Hmm. So we get £60m pure profit and one of 2 players we need but temporary.

it may well be that we could get as good/better if we spend the year doing some serious scouting abroad.