IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We still have a week so if he goes now (which I agree will be a mistake for him and Chelsea), then we still have time to get the right players in.

I think Kevin Thelwell, Lampard and the Team have done an ok job so far, I trust them allot more to get the right players in, I think they have targets lined up. We have been fucked over by PSG and Ajax in those two deals, not really their fault.

Lets just see what happens, its going to be interesting.

I repeat, they had fuck all lined up for Richarlison going with even longer to prepare. I don't have confidence they've got anything lined up this time either.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I repeat, they had fuck all lined up for Richarlison going with even longer to prepare. I don't have confidence they've got anything lined up this time either.

This.  I think unless we have deals agreed in principle then we will get shafted.  My hope is we get solid agreements on prices for Broja, Gallagher, c£35m for the two with them being structured over 5 years. 

55 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That is the real worry.

Need attacking players in this window that will go in to starting the starting 11, I don't mind if its loans and we go again in January or even next summer.

It’s a massive gamble on Chelsea’s behalf - which they can afford.

It’d be an even bigger gamble on our behalf to turn down such a big fee - which we can’t afford to do.

If Thelwell or whoever feel they’ve got the highest fee possible then it’s time to take it a move on. If Broja is the number 1 striking target, even on-loan, we need to get that over the line first. I do actually feel we’ve negotiated well on this deal up to now - £35m to Spurs was the starting so almost double at £60m - way above what an attacker with 4 goals in 50 odd games is worth on current ability.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

That is the real worry.

Need attacking players in this window that will go in to starting the starting 11, I don't mind if its loans and we go again in January or even next summer.

It could turn out to be brilliant for us, but I don't think I'm being overly pessimistic to be worried about how we'll use this money to improve us based on what's gone before.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

It could turn out to be brilliant for us, but I don't think I'm being overly pessimistic to be worried about how we'll use this money to improve us based on what's gone before.

Definately, £60m doesn't go that far these days. Two fuck ups and its gone.

Will Gordon go on to be a very good player? Yep I think so. Will it be in the next 2 years? I don’t know.

the one thing I can say is this: we don’t have 2 years to wait, unless Gordon can nullify our need to have a 12+ goal a season striker and a person who the rest of the team can play off then if his sale is the only way we can get those people in then it needs to happen. 

last year we limped into the season with no full back options/cover and didn’t address it.  This season we are doing the same.  Pissing me off big time

15 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Definately, £60m doesn't go that far these days. Two fuck ups and its gone.

Or paying off the debt of 2 failed transfers...

I don't really get the concerns with reinvestment this time round. Thelwell has a plan, and most of our signings have come out of the blue. I imagine there is a plan and we're in a better position than we think we are. I imagine our 1st priority targets are identified but dependent on the silly money. If we don't get the silly money, we look at priority 2, rinse and repeat. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t think this move is being driven by Gordon.  Absolutely no chance. 

He’s happy enough to go why wouldn’t he be but you are right he’s not pushing the move he’s easy either way. 
if he stays he has a new lucrative contract to sign but if he goes he will probably have a better one. 

Ahhh so it begins…. He wants to go. Bollocks imo. Same old nonsense, I’m sure he won’t need to be dragged kicking and screaming but I pretty much guarantee the club have realised we need to sell him or face a season with no striker of any proven/likely prem ability

I don’t want him to do really well purely from the perspective that I want us to be relieved that we got a good value for him.  Don’t want him to bomb but maybe just turn out a bit like   Stones, gets a fulfilling career but one where we don’t watch him rip it up like we had to with Rooney. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We were never getting a like for like replacement for Richarlison. In the same way we didn’t for Lukaku. The idea is you use the money to improve your team in a variety of other positions and overall you get better. Whether that happens remains to be seen but we shouldn’t be upset we didn’t sign a 60m winger as that wouldn’t have been best for the team even if it was possible.

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just wanna put it into perspective…. If we had £60m to spend and never had Gordon….. who would be happy if we spent £60m on AG instead of getting broja, Gallagher and another one or two? 

60m is an insane price for Gordon even if some add-ons won’t be met. It’s possible he will be worth that one day but I think the odds are against. You’ve gotta be banging in 10+ every year from the wing to be worth that and/or be a wizard crossing the ball.  We haven’t seen anything to this point to suggest he has that. It could develop but not many get to that level. 

If the deal being touted is correct we would be crazy not to accept, yes there’s potential with him, but he’s shown the last three games it’s some way off, soft or shots straight at the keeper, and runs into too many dead ends. I’ll trust Frank and his team to get the money and use it wisely.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

I’ll trust Frank and his team to get the money and use it wisely.

I agree with you we would be crazy not to accept it, but your last comment which I highlighted is the one that scares me, will they have the time left in the window to get the right players or do they end up panic buying, they’ve had months to search for a replacement for Richarlison and as yet nothing as materialised, so I’m not very confident with your final point, buying players when you have very little time or money to get it right with a season resting on getting it right, must be one of the most difficult positions to be in even for hardened and experienced managers, never mind a manager with such a short managerial experience. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I wouldn’t take him back on loan. Don’t think it looks particularly good for us as a club if we did. 

If they were to loan him out it's far too easy for him coming back. I think Frank and Kevin will want to move on anyway.