IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

He is about to go to Birmingham on loan - missed out big time on that one then - that would have given us breathing space in getting rid of Beattie to be honest.

I looked at his stats and he is a good goal scorer to be honest - I bet he will do well at Birmingham, unlucky to be behind a load of very good strikers at Spurs.

I will most this here as the Nugent thread is closed.

I was watching Sky Sports News last night and on the right hand side they have who has signed and left each club and I noticed on the Pompy part next to Nugents name it had a value of £4.5m.

Now I thought it was £6m up front but if it turns out to be up to 6m depending on goals and stuff like that then does that reopen the debate of why we did not sign him when we were 'meant' to only go to £4m

I will most this here as the Nugent thread is closed.

I was watching Sky Sports News last night and on the right hand side they have who has signed and left each club and I noticed on the Pompy part next to Nugents name it had a value of £4.5m.

Now I thought it was £6m up front but if it turns out to be up to 6m depending on goals and stuff like that then does that reopen the debate of why we did not sign him when we were 'meant' to only go to £4m

This is the sad truth...pompey more than likely got him cheap and add on performance related bonuses. I doubt the truth will out though, wonder if Moyes will ever comment on this missed transfer?

because it wasn't a missed transfer. if moyes wanted nugent now then you may have heard more ... but he obviously didn't. you need to get round it that just because you think we missed out doesn't mean we did...moyes is the manager and he wasn't in the hunt...end of

on teletext (i know its a long shot) last night but it said tht we had won race for liverpool target..

Edited by CraccerC

Everton to complete signing of Johann Vogel on a free transfer today. Then Everton will sign Steven Pienaar on a season long loan from Borussia Dortmund, Manuel Fernandes on a season loan from Benfica and then the big money signing than will be Rafael Van der Vaart for £8 million.

I work for a very large solicitors in Liverpool and I can reveal that Everton have agreed terms with Riquelme and Alan Smith. Both will be signed next week. This is 100 percent guaranteed

Can't see us signing Riquelme, wouldn't be surprised if the Liverpool target mentioned on teletext was Edu Dracena i heard they were interested in him and we've also been linked. Looks like the deals for Piennar and Vogel are very likely would be good additions we still need a couple of left sided players though.

Everton are going to sign Riquelme on a free – he's going to earn approximately £350,000 p/ w, but the press conference that unveils him as an Everton player will be abruptly delayed by the sight of pigs flying over Goodison Park.

Being an EFC fan, I'd love to see a few quality players coming in, but at the same time if they're not avaliable or if they're not right, I trust Moyes to be shrewd. We do need to add players to deal with the demands of the upcoming season, but Moyes knows what he's doing. Another striker, a right back and a left winger would be great. Vogel will be an excellent addition, European experience at the ready.

I've heard that Bill Kenwright finally step down as Toffees chairman. Hip Hip Hooray!

Everton are not signing Van der Vaart, he is joining Pompey for £8m along with Peruvian striker Jose Paolo Guerrero £4m both from Hamburg.

I'm totally confused. Fair enough if Derby want to throw 5.1 mil at us for Faddy, which sounds a lot for him, then great if we get to strengthen with decent talent with the proceeds.

Thing is, lord knows I've been McFadden's biggest critic the time he has been with us, but at least he gives us options down the left and up front. I groan whenever I see him, but selling a player of his versatility when we need to be buying players like that or better (better PLEASE), just doesn't make sense.

A few weeks ago I came on here and got on my soapbox about Moyes not having bought anyone. Then Jagielka arrived and I was at least thinking, okay he's getting down to business. THEN his rant about people spending too much and suddenly it's "one big signing and maybe two loan players".

Now it's two free players being lined up (I'm South African, and I rather like Pienaar, but jeez this smacks of desperation), and you've got to wonder if some jobsworthy cleaner at Goodison didn't throw out two big duffel bags of cash labelled "Manager's transfer funds" into the skip outside by mistake!

Either that or Van Der Meyde has spent it all on his minibar bill while the squad was in Italy...

What on earth is going on?

Ive been told that the £51 million sensation could be that when Everton move to finch farm next month. They won't get the proceeds from selling Bellefield for a while because 98 new homes worth around £500,000 each are gonna be built on it and EFC are going into a partnership with a building firm turning a £10million injection into a possible £25million injection. Which to me states good business.

Edited by Leadline

I was at Goodison park today getting my season ticket renewed when within the space of 20 minutes Riquelme, vogel and pienaar arrived in different cars all with men in suits and just before keith wyness arrived with bill kenwright in a car. so I think we are going to sign these 3 players.

yeh, this Riquelme thing is getting a bit stupid now, we've just got Pienaar today so there is even less chance as they play the same sort of role ie: creative, looking for short passes, going past people.

as for footballrumours.com, well it probably should be re-named to "My Mums Best Mates Hairdresser Said" because that is about as credible as the stuff on there gets.

i like mcfadden and i think it would be stupid to sell him he has class it obv from the goal against charlton (and everytime i look at romey av. it makes me think wot a fucking class goal it was) and he aint just a forward he can play midfield as well.

i like mcfadden and i think it would be stupid to sell him he has class it obv from the goal against charlton (and everytime i look at romey av. it makes me think wot a fucking class goal it was) and he aint just a forward he can play midfield as well.

Yes it was aquality goal but I dont think you could honestly say he has class. So far in an Everton shirt I would say he was average at best but I still would be reluctant to see him go because the squad is too small as it is and even if we did identify another player to replace him we would probably get outbid by Accrington Stanley!

William Chang, part-owner of the San Francisco Giants baseball team and MLS side DC United, is looking to invest in a Premier League club. (The Times)

Give it to us mate! We've already got your name on our shirt :lol: !

Edited by MikeO

according to BBC west ham are going to sign freddie ljunberg? why didnt we go in for him would be cheap

I think because hes 3 million, predominantly right sided and from what I've seem is past it, hence wenger letting him go

I want to see players with their futures ahead of them, he does not fit that bill, plus my wife fancies him and I couldnt be arsed watch her drool over pictures of his naked torso

Kenny Miller or Alan Smith will sign for Everton in the first week of august. also Riquelme will not be signing that bloke who saw him in the Everton car park must have been trippin because I did not see vogal or Riquelme and I was there all day.

Toffee news

ive heard this on good authority and I do not mean my cousins girlfriends dogs nephew has a frined this is 4 real. Moyes has his eye on Eddie Johnson and will place a bid of £2 million for the American forward. he is also wanting Baines who has turned down a new contract and is considering taking back Mr Graveson on a one year deal.

Sam allardyce is looking to sell Emre and Dyer to either Bayer Leverkusen, besiktas, Lyon or Everton, the Hammers,

Leighton Baines is buying a house off my mate, but cannot get it until Wigan let him sign for Everton, which he is desperate to do.

To the person claiming that while he was renewing his season ticket at Goodison he saw Riquelme, Vogel and Pienaar arrive, next time your going to lie make sure you are going to get most of your facrs right. I am a season ticket holder at Goodison and all renewals had to be done before the April 28th 2007. The new season tickets aredue to be sent out next week, so do not lie about seeing the players while you were renewing your season ticket. O.k now to the real rumours. Once Betis and Vogel agree on compensation he will become Moyes's second Summer signing, this will be followed by the signing of Pienaar on loan, putting to bed any rumours Fernandes will be coming back on loan. Moyes will then follow up with a bid for Baines. I would have said it was between £2– £3 million + Beattie but now Vaughan is out I think it will just be a straight cash deal.

Don't know where to put this with the nugent topic closed - but many people have said that the fee was £6m up-front raising to £7m but if you're to believe sky sports news on the signings in/out pages, it says £4.5million. If we sign smith this doesn't bother me, but if we don't, £4.5m wouldn't have been such a gamble especially if we can off-load beattie for around that figure.