IGNORED

James Rodríguez

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Has he fuck he’s been an average player since 2014 who thinks he’s world class, we pay 220k a week for someone who does all his talking on social media and not on the pitch. 

£90k according to this, another place reckons £7m pa which is £134k a week, where do you get 220k from?

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

£90k according to this, another place reckons £7m pa which is £134k a week, where do you get 220k from?

It’s been on articles that have been posted on here, also I have seen it on articles posted on One football from various sources. The bottom line is he doesn’t want to play for us been trying to secure a move since Ancelotti left, more so I expect since Benitez joined and it’s not happening there not queuing up and knocking the door down, why do you think that is I have my opinion’s it would be nice to know what others think on why if he’s so good he’s still here. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

People think everything which criticises players for things like that is an overreaction ..... Really it isn't!   Watch the last dance.....the bulls dominant team.  Team spirit is everything, small things matter.  

And social media didn’t exist. If it did you can bet your life Rodman would have been all over it. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s been on articles that have been posted on here, also I have seen it on articles posted on One football from various sources. The bottom line is he doesn’t want to play for us been trying to secure a move since Ancelotti left, more so I expect since Benitez joined and it’s not happening there not queuing up and knocking the door down, why do you think that is I have my opinion’s it would be nice to know what others think on why if he’s so good he’s still here. 

The one rule in life and football; believe everything you read! 
No wait, that can’t be right. 🤔

😂

Id love to know your sources that have confirmed he doesn’t want to play for us and has been trying to secure a move though. I’m going to assume he told you this personally because he’s not said it publicly, and neither has his agent (who doesn’t mind doing his talking in public).

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Can you link one for me please, can't find that number anywhere. This puts him at £140k but that's the highest I can find.

I will try and find one but will have to email it to you, I hope your right and then again hope your wrong, for the the reason where we supposedly have a world class play on 50% less than most world class players and he is still here with no takers, that would be worse than I originally thought. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

And social media didn’t exist. If it did you can bet your life Rodman would have been all over it. 

Rodman? Not necessarily his Twitter feed is pretty sparse, lived life to the full and an absolute freak of nature who worked harder than anyone on the court.  Even if he had been on it all weekend he was 100% at it on the court. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

The one rule in life and football; believe everything you read! 
No wait, that can’t be right. 🤔

😂

Id love to know your sources that have confirmed he doesn’t want to play for us and has been trying to secure a move though. I’m going to assume he told you this personally because he’s not said it publicly, and neither has his agent (who doesn’t mind doing his talking in public).

It is possible to love a player and rate him highly whilst regrettably accepting that he doesn't really want to play for us.

At best he is ok to stay if we want him too. .... If you believe that.   For me that's incredibly half arsed.....

The overall picture of him doesn't point to a commited player.  We can't carry expensive passengers. 

My understanding of his contract was that it increased over time where he would earn £200k a week in his final year.... Started at £80k in the beginning. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I will try and find one but will have to email it to you, I hope your right and then again hope your wrong, for the the reason where we supposedly have a world class play on 50% less than most world class players and he is still here with no takers, that would be worse than I originally thought. 

That just says, "The Colombian playmaker was a free transfer signing from Real Madrid in September but his weekly wages have been described, by one source, as 'Champions League winners money' with it now believed he earns over £200,000-a-week." So pure speculation by an un-named source, must be true:rolleyes:

Just now, MikeO said:

That just says, "The Colombian playmaker was a free transfer signing from Real Madrid in September but his weekly wages have been described, by one source, as 'Champions League winners money' with it now believed he earns over £200,000-a-week." So pure speculation by an un-named source, must be true:rolleyes:

My understanding from the outset was that he was on a low wage initially £80k that would jump substantially in second year  £200k.....

Now take one year at £80k and a year at £200k and average out over 2 years = £140k per week. 

That seems to tie up the varying numbers. Whether true or not it seems the most plausible explanation. 

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He will go, it's just people playing hardball. Question of who blinks first over wages and contributions. 

No way he will want to be here, he wants to get his international place back. Can't do that here.

That's also assuming that there's a club that can afford to pay his wages, that also wants him. 

And if there's a club that wants him but can't afford to pay his wages, you think James will agree to a wage cut? Certainly not.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

At this moment in time I’m in the motor home with very limited signal I will show you more when I get back, surely it’s all speculation if it hasn’t come from the club or the player, then it’s down to what speculation you choose to have more belief in, I for one don’t believe he came to us with his agent knowing he was on a free and accepting a 3rd of his wages, I believe his package is closer to the 220k which may have been made up of a fee for him signing added to his wages I don’t know, but what I would be quite confident about is that him and his agent aren’t going to lose between 190 and 140k a week. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

If he is an average player…. Then his commitment for Everton shouldn’t be questioned. 
As he must have raised his game for us, as he never looked average in our shirt. More a joy to watch.

I get the whole team fit thing, I really do. But to label him as average beggars belief. At times last season he literally ran the show. 
His problem was consistency, the same as 99.9% of all players.

The biggest question should be, can we fit him into our team and system. And is his attitude here and right? But his ability is unquestionable.

He has looked average. 

He looked incredible to start with, but gradually that eroded to the extent you wouldn't have known he was on the pitch. I think it was the Sheffield game where a cardboard cut out would have been better.

In terms of his ability, on the ball it is without question. Better than anything else I have seen in an Everton shirt, and probably by a distance too. Off the ball, probably the worst at the club. 

I struggle to see how you fit him into this side, without detracting from its unity. James is an unbelievable individual but he isn't a team player. With Rafa, I think the sum is greater than the individual parts (as it should be).

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Rodman? Not necessarily his Twitter feed is pretty sparse, lived life to the full and an absolute freak of nature who worked harder than anyone on the court.  Even if he had been on it all weekend he was 100% at it on the court. 

He also took time out to go on the lash in Vegas for a few weeks. Imagine an Everton player did that? You’d want them hanging from the top balcony 😂

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

He also took time out to go on the lash in Vegas for a few weeks. Imagine an Everton player did that? You’d want them hanging from the top balcony 😂

Was for a few days wasnt it?

Put it this way .... Jordan held players to account and by the highest standards.  He basically said let Rodman go cos when he is back be will still be one of the best. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Palf… to be fair, I don’t care about how he played for anyone else other than us. I leave the stato facts to Bails! 
For us he wasn’t average mate. He produced, he scored goals and created assists, some of them magical. 

If you really think I that’s average, then your going to be forever disappointed with any player we bring in.

Lets take Gray for example. Leicester fans would have drove him away theirselves, and did he follow that with success or failure? But he has came here and is doing a stellar job so far. Arteta, Pienaar… the list goes on. 

You can’t just rub out history and say he has been average for us, he simple wasn’t.

He had a great first 5 games even I was raving over him then the I want to prove myself bubble burst and he got worse and worse and worse, then we got to see the Rodriguez other teams before us had experienced, the can’t be arsed player constantly losing possession and not trying to make up for it, strolling around not interested or giving up and asking to be taken off, getting preferential treatment from other players yet not earning it, let’s go for the stats if you want we scored more points without him in the team than we did with him in, that’s because we never had a player on the pitch letting players waltz past them, without him we had 11 players working as a team like we do now, do we miss him now do we fuck. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Was for a few days wasnt it?

Put it this way .... Jordan held players to account and by the highest standards.  He basically said let Rodman go cos when he is back be will still be one of the best. 

Hahahahahahahahha

Lets see how you would react if an Everton player went to Vegas in the middle of a season, even if they were one of the best! 😂

Jordan was pissed that he went, he made no bones about it! 

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

Hahahahahahahahha

Lets see how you would react if an Everton player went to Vegas in the middle of a season, even if they were one of the best! 😂

Jordan was pissed that he went, he made no bones about it! 

I'm pretty sure I was absolutely fine with the team from the 80s going out and getting pissed every Wednesday in the Chinese cos they performed on the Saturday and won us titles. 

Listen.... You love James and desperately want to give him a pass... It's like Liverpool fans when Suarez did his bites and insults.  

The thing is James hasn't given us titles or even one season where we can say "no matter what, he puts in 100% and is quality*.  It's on his terms. 

Rodman had a 48 hour blow out.  Returned and played in 80/82 matches as the bulls won the title.......  I'd say his contribution can't be questioned.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Can you explain? Sounds like you’re saying he’s that good he can choose when and who he chooses to play for. 

He does not fit the type of player Benitez wants, i.e.  high energy so will not play as much as he wants to.

If he wants to be integral to a team he needs to move.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I'm pretty sure I was absolutely fine with the team from the 80s going out and getting pissed every Wednesday in the Chinese cos they performed on the Saturday and won us titles. 

Listen.... You love James and desperately want to give him a pass... It's like Liverpool fans when Suarez did his bites and insults.  

The thing is James hasn't given us titles or even one season where we can say "no matter what, he puts in 100% and is quality*.  It's on his terms. 

Rodman had a 48 hour blow out.  Returned and played in 80/82 matches as the bulls won the title.......  I'd say his contribution can't be questioned.  

In the 80s every team had players out on the piss. If players did it now you would be fuming and you absolutely know it.

I’m not even talking about James. If any Everton player fucked off to Vegas for a couple of days in the middle of the season you would be foaming at the mouth in rage!

54 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He does not fit the type of player Benitez wants, i.e.  high energy so will not play as much as he wants to.

If he wants to be integral to a team he needs to move.

Agreed we have been averaging about 40% possession but have looked the better team even with less possession, to win game like that you need players who will work off the ball which is something he cannot do, he has been struggling for years because of that attitude it’s becoming more of a game for athletes and hard workers in all the major leagues, as Asprillia said his fellow countryman it’s time to stop showing off talking and to start playing football. 

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

In the 80s every team had players out on the piss. If players did it now you would be fuming and you absolutely know it.

I’m not even talking about James. If any Everton player fucked off to Vegas for a couple of days in the middle of the season you would be foaming at the mouth in rage!

I'll be honest ... It's a results business.  If our team was doing what the bulls were doing..... I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest.  They were ultra professional on the court.   They were ultra professional in practice, Rodman was the best at what he did bar none. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'll be honest ... It's a results business.  If our team was doing what the bulls were doing..... I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest.

Story is though that he was allowed to go for 48 hours but didn't come back when due, took Jordan turning up and pulling him out of his hotel bed.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Story is though that he was allowed to go for 48 hours but didn't come back when due, took Jordan turning up and pulling him out of his hotel bed.

By his nose ring ... Yep.  Played 80/82 games and was one of their most valuable players for the season.  

I don't think fans and teammates would have been delighted by it but he delivered on the court in shows of unbelievable workrate and physical dominance.   I don't believe he tested cos he was tired ...... Or bailed out in the final games. 

It just seems that too many fans enamoured by big names are too eager to give leniency at little old Everton.