IGNORED

James Rodríguez

55 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That is what I thought... I haven't seen or heard about them anywhere else and I imagine it would have made headline news.

Here is the original article linked to in that piece:

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/international/england/2110/Artikel/everton-trainer-benitez-kritik-james-rodriguez-katar-wechsel.html

A quick Google translate comes up with the same wording.

A further quick Google of the writer of the article suggests he is a genuine sports writer.

It is a bit of a strange one.

The translation is fine, but I don't think they've been made in the first place. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This hurts my soul

nah, not having it.  His down tool acts stick too long in the memory - Sheff United game.  Him pissing off on a private jet and giving it selfies......

could have gone to porto on the same money but went to a nonsense league for more money.  Don't get me wrong, he may have delivered us a few more points and he was a joy to watch but he seems to have waited till we sacked Rafa to do this as some sort of point scoring.

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I bet you would 200k a week no fucking brainer really you clown 🤡 

this really does boil my piss - I absolutely loved him when hew played for us with a desire to do well.  Sadly I seen the reason why he pisses so many managers off

Liverpool signed another absolute quality player as a result of him wanting a few extra quid rather than playing decent level football.  See that some fans are buying this on twitter......  if he was the player he is supposed to be then he would be playing for a good club - he's played about 5 games in Qatar

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

this really does boil my piss - I absolutely loved him when hew played for us with a desire to do well.  Sadly I seen the reason why he pisses so many managers off

Exactly, would he have done better under Lampard no he wouldn’t, Lampard as already said he wants players who work hard, being able to pass a ball and score the odd goal doesn’t mean you don’t have to contribute to the rest of the game, trust me mate Lampard wouldn’t have been accepting his big time Charlie attitude. 

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly, would he have done better under Lampard no he wouldn’t, Lampard as already said he wants players who work hard, being able to pass a ball and score the odd goal doesn’t mean you don’t have to contribute to the rest of the game, trust me mate Lampard wouldn’t have been accepting his big time Charlie attitude. 

Might well have done. He's another player that needs a lot of coddling, and Lampard seems the kind of manager to do that. CA did until he got scared and ran, which funnily enough coincided with James and a number of players suddenly downing tools and losing confidence. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Might well have done. He's another player that needs a lot of coddling, and Lampard seems the kind of manager to do that. CA did until he got scared and ran, which funnily enough coincided with James and a number of players suddenly downing tools and losing confidence. 

James is in Qatar now and by all accounts still hasn’t picked his tools up, playing in a league equivalent to a feeder to the conference and not doing very well. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

James is in Qatar now and by all accounts still hasn’t picked his tools up, playing in a league equivalent to a feeder to the conference and not doing very well. 

Hardly surprising, hes been given a golden ticket, theres literally zero motivation for him to do anything.

I'd still have him back tomorrow. Would be interesting to see how a positive manager with VDB picking him out would go. 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hardly surprising, hes been given a golden ticket, theres literally zero motivation for him to do anything.

I'd still have him back tomorrow. Would be interesting to see how a positive manager with VDB picking him out would go. 

He was pretty motivated when he was saving the life of an opponent tbf. 

I like Richarlison - does his talking on the pitch.  However........  if he wants to give his pro-James piece credibility then bringing Bernard up as an important player completely blows it out the water.

Bernard was not an important player - one of the many we have had on mega money who doesn't warrant a starting spot.

I'm not arsed about who likes who and that they speak the same language etc - finch farm has been happy farm for too many players who don't really see it as being a priority to be a performing team. 

He’s full of shit and says anything to make himself look like the hero and others the villain, where have we heard the I would love to go back to a club, how about Porto the club he loved the club he owed so much to, the club he was desperate to go back to and thank for everything they gave him, and when he had his opportunity last season to go to Porto the club he so much wanted to go back to his words not mine he turned it down, that alone should tell anyone he’s a liar and can’t be trusted with the truth, when he was here he couldn’t give a fuck about Everton it was all about him, and it would appear the only manager who was prepared to let him get away with that was his sugar daddy Ancelotti. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You don't know about him saving someone's life while he's been there?

I'd say there's zero chance of him coming back here as well.

Genuinely had no idea. Good on him.

I don't think he'll be coming back either but I'd be made up if he did. 

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Palfy said:

I wonder if he’s still getting over 200k a week 😙

Thats what he was on, Qatar have to pay half his wages and galatasaray are still struggling to make the other half. 

just think, if only he realised that he would hate it over there he may have signed for Porto and we would now have Luis Diaz playing for us and not Liverpool. 

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Absolute nonsense from a medic who can only verify that he had a recurring injury, but has no credentials to judge whether a player gives his all or not on the pitch. 

If the head of our medical staff (at the time), who watched every game and also training sessions, doesn't have the credentials to judge his on-pitch effort, who in the world does?