IGNORED

James Rodríguez

I think once Carlo left, this was always the inevitable outcome. James came here for Carlo, not for Everton. That's not to say that he might not have eventually felt embraced by the supporters and the community, but he was never here for the club.

Glad we're getting his wages off the books, and grateful for the brilliant moments he provided in his one season with us. 

17 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think once Carlo left, this was always the inevitable outcome. James came here for Carlo, not for Everton. That's not to say that he might not have eventually felt embraced by the supporters and the community, but he was never here for the club.

Glad we're getting his wages off the books, and grateful for the brilliant moments he provided in his one season with us. 

I think things could have been different if he'd have experienced having fans in the ground, but we'll never know now.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think things could have been different if he'd have experienced having fans in the ground, but we'll never know now.

Yeah this is what frustrates me (but is what it is). I held on to the hope that he would see the fans in the ground and fall in love a bit, as it happens we'll never know. 

Good business decision if we aren't going to use him though, £200,000 a week in our pockets again - as I say I just hoped that we might be able to turn his head in our favour somewhat.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Says they wouldn't buy him to sell him for a profit. What's your point?

They didnt buy him.  They could have bought him, they could have made money on him ..... They passed on the option because they were not going to play him. He asked them not to buy him if they were not going to give him game time.

They are the facts based on the 2 articles.  No doubt you will try and tirelessly drag the shit out of that.  Feel free.... That's my final note on it to you. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Possibly but for me his heart isn't in football.  We can't indulge a player like him, all hands to the pump for us at the moment. 

Game comes too easy to him. Watched a documentary on Dani, the lad who was at West ham and played in Dutch league.  Very similar. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

A player of his ability seeing out the last of his peak years in Qatar .... What a waste. 

But let’s not forget his choice. The minute he new Ancelotti was leaving was the same minute he new he wanted to leave. No tears or regrets from me I’m very indifferent to anyone who doesn’t want to be here and give his all to club, so if he has signed for another team then good luck to him and them. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

But let’s not forget his choice. The minute he new Ancelotti was leaving was the same minute he new he wanted to leave. No tears or regrets from me I’m very indifferent to anyone who doesn’t want to be here and give his all to club, so if he has signed for another team then good luck to him and them. 

I am with you on that - would much rather see somebody with passion and pride in putting on a Everton shirt week in week out. He definitely came to player for Ancelotti and not Everton. James leaving will also help underline the end of the Ancelotti tenure at the club and let the new chapter begin proper. Unfortunately, James has now become a unnecessary distraction - it has kind of annoyed me a little that every press conference consist of a 'James' section. 

My biggest issue now is that he didn’t agree to move on during  the transfer window, giving us some freedom to bring in other players by getting his wages off our books. I’ll be disappointed not to have seen him the flesh at least once, but I want players who are here for the club and put the effort in, they may not be as skilfull but they won’t take the piss.

Also, this goes to show that he doesn't really care all that much about trying to get back into the Colombia national team picture. If he did, he would maybe take a wage cut, either for us or to facilitate a move elsewhere in Europe. There's no chance in hell he's going to get back onto the national team playing in Qatar. 

Stupid move by the club here. What ever anyone thinks of James and the situation is fine but the moment the window shut for us to be able to bring someone in all differences needed to be put aside and Rafa/coaching staff needed to get the best out of James until January. 

@dunlopp9987 we don’t know the full story with why the moves broke down earlier but this move suggests he doesn’t want to be frozen out here before a World Cup. I am certain he would have put in 100% for us to try and make the World Cup with Columbia.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Stupid move by the club here. What ever anyone thinks of James and the situation is fine but the moment the window shut for us to be able to bring someone in all differences needed to be put aside and Rafa/coaching staff needed to get the best out of James until January. 

@dunlopp9987 we don’t know the full story with why the moves broke down earlier but this move suggests he doesn’t want to be frozen out here before a World Cup. I am certain he would have put in 100% for us to try and make the World Cup with Columbia.

Wasn't the issue with the Porto swap breaking down because his wages were too high for them? If he truly cared about the national team and not money, he would've taken a pay cut.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

They didnt buy him.  They could have bought him, they could have made money on him ..... They passed on the option because they were not going to play him. He asked them not to buy him if they were not going to give him game time.

They are the facts based on the 2 articles.  No doubt you will try and tirelessly drag the shit out of that.  Feel free.... That's my final note on it to you. 

They wanted to give real Madrid £30m so they could put James in their own reserves? 

10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wasn't the issue with the Porto swap breaking down because his wages were too high for them? If he truly cared about the national team and not money, he would've taken a pay cut.

This .....  a player is happy to go and live in a country to earn ££££ with poor human rights, poor football league, and Thousands more miles away from his daughter?

He has no professional pride whatsoever.  

I defended him when he asked to be subbed in a game last year when I think it may have been @Palfy was livid.  He was right, that was the start of things in my book.  The game got a bit edgy and he didn't want to know at all. 

Too many fans who indulge him don't realise the damage someone like him does to the squad.  Benitez got rid of a few this year, it looks like we are stuck with Delph, no one is touching him.  James needs to be playing to get his social media revenue which is ridiculous.  He just wasn't playing our fixture list - but his. 

44 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Player being bullied out the club by a manager we should never appointed. 

How many fans wanted rid of James before Benetiz was here and the media slagged him off? 

Plenty - I even think Ancelotti was disappointed with him towards the end of last season. I remember in one press conference toward the end when he said James wasn't player because he was 'a bit tired'!. That was not a helpful or supportive statement of a player and pretty much hanging him out to dry with the fans. I knew how I felt when I heard this.  

Report this week that Nuno wasn't hired because the club management where concern that he was looking build around rather than move James on. 

I think the club and Benitez are on the same page when it comes to James - So think you are just stirring say that Benitez is just bullying him out of the club. 

I think those at the club had seen more than enough with regard to James's commitment to Everton long before Benitez got the job.

The club don't want him, Benitez does not want him - we move on. 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

They wanted to give real Madrid £30m so they could put James in their own reserves? 

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

They didnt buy him.  They could have bought him, they could have made money on him . He asked them not to buy him if they were not going to give him game time.  No doubt you will try and tirelessly drag the shit out of that.  Feel free.... That's my final note on it to you. 

29 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Plenty - I even think Ancelotti was disappointed with him towards the end of last season. I remember in one press conference toward the end when he said James wasn't player because he was 'a bit tired'!. That was not a helpful or supportive statement of a player and pretty much hanging him out to dry with the fans. I knew how I felt when I heard this.  

Report this week that Nuno wasn't hired because the club management where concern that he was looking build around rather than move James on. 

I think the club and Benitez are on the same page when it comes to James - So think you are just stirring say that Benitez is just bullying him out of the club. 

I think those at the club had seen more than enough with regard to James's commitment to Everton long before Benitez got the job.

The club don't want him, Benitez does not want him - we move on. 

All people need to do is revisit the Fulham match thread, Sheffield united thread and his consequent "tired to play wolves" thread.

Preceding this was Ancellotti stating that some players should not be here..... 

For me this is where Ancellotti threw his toys out the pram. He threw James under the bus with his tired comments.... and was clearly pissed off with him, he tried to address it slightly afterwards but that was pretty much the end of things. 

The absolute critical point in all of this is that Ancellotti was the only manager that would indulge James. ..... Other big clubs around the world would make millions from having Rodriguez in their club - he would earn man United, Chelsea, PSG etc absolute fortunes in shirt sales ..... They could sign him and bench him and cover his wages.  NOT ONE CLUB OF ANY REASONABLE STATURE HAS COME IN FOR HIM.  HIS EX MANAGER WHO GAVE HIM CARTE BLANCHE HAS DECIDED NOT TO SIGN HIM ON A FREE!

Rafa benitez has his number..... He will not tolerate this lads shit.  It seems Ancellotti won't either now. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/21/everton-might-lament-loss-james-rodriguezs-talent-will-relish/

£250k a week. .  ........ 3rd year triggered based on appearances means there was no way whatsoever that it was plausible for him to stay. 

Still totally pulling a number out of their arse with zero factual evidence to back it up. Personally I don't think in a million years we'd agree to pay anyone £250k a week, not a cat in hell's chance. Not suggesting he's "only" on the £90k widely reported elsewhere, imo it's somewhere in the middle.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Still totally pulling a number out of their arse with zero factual evidence to back it up. Personally I don't think in a million years we'd agree to pay anyone £250k a week, not a cat in hell's chance. Not suggesting he's "only" on the £90k widely reported elsewhere, imo it's somewhere in the middle.

I also think the bonuses and signing on fee would have been huge.

If his salary is low, you can bet the other two were high.

It isn't like he joined Everton for the love of football or the club.

There’s lots of players in the squad that we want gone…. But no one wants to sign them either…. Not a single team anywhere in the universe.

So… what justify’s them being in the squad and given a chance over him? Serious question as I watched us last night.

Some utter dross in our squad who he looks miles better than. I could understand if they were giving it their all….. but they aren’t.