IGNORED

James Rodríguez

4 hours ago, Matt said:

That we'll established and trusted media source... I mean blog spot, founded 2020? 

You're not basing your argument on that, Palfy?

Just one of many that have said the same thing. I can’t prove it’s true as no one can prove that 90k is true, but what I can do is try and make educated guess as to why a world class player in the opinion of most on here and some media hasn’t been snapped up, when he doesn’t want to be here and his manager doesn’t want him and he’s only 90k a week, he’s been offered to numerous clubs by his own people yet know takers for a 90k a week world class player on a free really? But to me if the 200-220k figure being banded about is more the real figure, then I can understand why no one is prepared to take him on, and let’s be honest in this market world class players are demanding wages of 300k and a lot higher so it wouldn’t be outlandish that he’s on that money considering when at RM he was on a reported 280k one of there highest paid players, it was said that he came he on reduced wages which he did 80-60k is a huge drop, but to think he would consider dropping in the region of 190-170k to come here is fanciable yet most here believe that. 

is believed to have accepted a pay cut on his £140,000-a-week wage to be reunited with his former manager at Real and Bayern Munich.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/07/everton-confirm-signing-of-james-rodriguez-from-real-madrid-for-224m

This was the general type of figure before the media/fans turned on him.

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

is believed to have accepted a pay cut on his £140,000-a-week wage to be reunited with his former manager at Real and Bayern Munich.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/07/everton-confirm-signing-of-james-rodriguez-from-real-madrid-for-224m

This was the general type of figure before the media/fans turned on him.

But he was a free wasn’t he Brands was hailed on here for the best deal ever for getting him on a free. 

I remember clear as day that his wages would boom in the second year. 

For £80k a week we got value from him last year despite missing a fair bit of game time.  

He is on £200k a week this year.  The £140k figure is the blended cost over 2 years = (80k X 52) + (200k X 52) / 2 = £140k. 

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

Again, still no reports that James doesn’t want to be here. 
There is a report that he turned down a move to Turkey to fight for his place though. 

There’s no fight in James mate we’ve all witnessed that in the last year, fight is definitely the one thing no one can accuse him of 😉

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I remember clear as day that his wages would boom in the second year. 

For £80k a week we got value from him last year despite missing a fair bit of game time.  

He is on £200k a week this year.  The £140k figure is the blended cost over 2 years = (80k X 52) + (200k X 52) / 2 = £140k. 

If you remember clear as day maybe you can link to where you got the info and put us all out of our misery.

Googling "james rodriguez to get pay rise in second year at everton" gives diddly squat to back it up.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If you remember clear as day maybe you can link to where you got the info and put us all out of our misery.

Googling "james rodriguez to get pay rise in second year at everton" gives diddly squat to back it up.

I thought Haf was just joining in with the absurd statements taking the piss like the rest of us.

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Rafa quoted on James, “He was available this summer we had teams interested then he’s here training with the other players “. I wonder why that is🤔

Can't see that quote anywhere, just...

"I think he realised he has to improve in a lot of things. He has to focus, he has to show his commitment. That's what he's trying to do and that is good for us.

"If he stays with us, it's good news for us because he can give us something more. We don't have any doubt about his quality, we have to be sure that we have players playing for 90 minutes with the intensity we're looking for.

"Each player has his characteristics, and some games where he can be the difference.

"If James is staying with us, we need to find the right games for him, and he has to show his commitment and his desire. It's something his teammates, fans and staff are expecting for him.

"If he can do that, he can make a contribution for the team."

Benitez confirmed that he was not involved in any transfer discussions regarding Rodriguez over the summer.

But he's aware that he now has to manage the situation, with the playmaker staying at Goodison Park for the foreseeable future.

"I was not in the conversations, I know that there were some clubs that had interest but that's it," the boss added.

"If the offer was good, you know the financial fair play rules and the problem we have with salaries, it was important for us to create some space for another player.

"We couldn't do it, and now we have to manage that."

Not in his plans though according to the press, doesn't sound that way to me, just challenging him to step up.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can't see that quote anywhere, just...

"I think he realised he has to improve in a lot of things. He has to focus, he has to show his commitment. That's what he's trying to do and that is good for us.

"If he stays with us, it's good news for us because he can give us something more. We don't have any doubt about his quality, we have to be sure that we have players playing for 90 minutes with the intensity we're looking for.

"Each player has his characteristics, and some games where he can be the difference.

"If James is staying with us, we need to find the right games for him, and he has to show his commitment and his desire. It's something his teammates, fans and staff are expecting for him.

"If he can do that, he can make a contribution for the team."

Benitez confirmed that he was not involved in any transfer discussions regarding Rodriguez over the summer.

But he's aware that he now has to manage the situation, with the playmaker staying at Goodison Park for the foreseeable future.

"I was not in the conversations, I know that there were some clubs that had interest but that's it," the boss added.

"If the offer was good, you know the financial fair play rules and the problem we have with salaries, it was important for us to create some space for another player.

"We couldn't do it, and now we have to manage that."

Not in his plans though according to the press, doesn't sound that way to me, just challenging him to step up.

Thing is we all know he’s got ability but in a team game you need more you need to work hard when you haven’t got the ball, Ancelotti made excuses for his work rate he won’t get that luxury with Benitez, as Patto said it’s down to him he has to fit into the team because the team isn’t  going to fit around him, l hope he cares enough to grasp what’s expected of him but I fear it maybe to late for him here, I genuinely hope not 200k plus is a lot of money to pay someone who isn’t contributing😉

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thing is we all know he’s got ability but in a team game you need more you need to work hard when you haven’t got the ball, Ancelotti made excuses for his work rate he won’t get that luxury with Benitez, as Patto said it’s down to him he has to fit into the team because the team isn’t  going to fit around him, l hope he cares enough to grasp what’s expected of him but I fear it maybe to late for him here, I genuinely hope not 200k plus is a lot of money to pay someone who isn’t contributing😉

The Simpsons Bart GIF - The Simpsons Bart Grandpa GIFs

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Looking and finding nothing..... I definitely recall hearing/reading that initially he was costing Real Madrid  and we pick up rest in second year 

It was potentially talksport.  I'm absolutely certain of hearing at the time that brands had made an unreal deal. 

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

The way he speaks about us does give away what he really thinks. “Everton play on Monday”. “I’m ready if they need me”. Never “we”, never “us”. It’s good that he’s fit and available but there is no buy in from him, no connection to the club.

I don’t see an issue what so ever with what he has said.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I don’t see an issue what so ever with what he has said.

He plays for Everton. He doesn’t know who our opponents are. He refers to his club as “they” etc.. Seems pretty clear he considers himself separate from the group. It’s not a good look. Rafa’s comments alluded to the difficulty of including James under those circumstances. I think he’s just gonna be a sub  we bring on in certain situations. Whether he can be more than that will depend on adjusting his attitude towards the club. I would be surprised if he lasts past  the next window. 

23 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

He plays for Everton. He doesn’t know who our opponents are. He refers to his club as “they” etc.. Seems pretty clear he considers himself separate from the group. It’s not a good look. Rafa’s comments alluded to the difficulty of including James under those circumstances. I think he’s just gonna be a sub  we bring on in certain situations. Whether he can be more than that will depend on adjusting his attitude towards the club. I would be surprised if he lasts past  the next window. 

Again I see nothing wrong what he has said. He has simply said I’m ready for selection if they want me.

For me it’s equal parts - management seems to have shown less desire for him to be here than he has shown to be here. 

I don’t really care what he says just as long as when he is on the pitch we have the James that can pick apart teams. 

29 minutes ago, Btay said:

It’s been no secret that he hasn’t been in Rafa’s plans

It was very clear he didn’t want to be here without Carlo. One assumes the club and Rafa were aware of this. We tried to unload him but  couldn’t find a deal that was agreeable to all parties. Why would Rafa waste one second on a player who doesn’t want to be here who we are trying to move on? Now that we are stuck with each other Rafa has said he needs to show some commitment to the club and get his fitness up in order to see the field. James own comments separate him from the club. Not exactly the commitment Rafa was talking about. I assume he will see some minutes in specific games/situations and will be moved on as quickly as we can find a deal that works for us, likely in January.