IGNORED

James Rodríguez

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think we can be fairly sure he is not on £90k a week as some have tried to make out.

Given James's profile he would have been on massive wages at Real Madrid. I would think £200K+ wage at Real would not be unusual or unexpected. I am fairly sure he didn't take that big a pay cut pay cut to come here ) i.e more than 50%, especially as he came on a free - so we could perhaps be a little more generous in the pay stakes to get him.  It is also reasonable to expect that he came in straight away as our top earner - so that would put him straight away around the  £140K that has been muted in the media. James only had 12 months left on his Real contract, so pretty poor advice if somebody told him to sign a two year deal on half of what he was going to get in his final 12 months. 

He is still here after the transfer window - and it sounds like his 'wages' where the No.1 reason why nobody took him on (even if for free) If he was on £90K a week (which are not a ridiculous wages for a free transfer and player of his profile in this day and age), I am sure something could have been agree financial to get him moved on.

When he first came - the cost was talked about him costing around the £20M mark - We may have got him on a free transfer, but his cost over 2 years in wages may easy be around that - basically around the £200+ mark. 

This would suggest to me that it realistic to assume he is on at least around £140k+, and not total unrealistic that it might be closer to £200K a week.

Know body really knows, but I think it reasonable to believe his wages are very substantial. Otherwise, not that big a deal getting him of the wage bill!!! 

Would his income matter that much if he scores the winning goal when playing at Anfield this season?

Love how the lower wages based on an Internet article get laughed at but when the higher wages get laughed at its causing upset. 

None of us know, none of the Internet articles know, so let's stop banging on about his wages because no one knows and it's largely irrelevant. 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Love how the lower wages based on an Internet article get laughed at but when the higher wages get laughed at its causing upset. 

None of us know, none of the Internet articles know, so let's stop banging on about his wages because no one knows and it's largely irrelevant. 

His wages would be very relevant if they are the reason we can’t shift him, he hinted or said he would like to go back to Porto, Porto said he wouldn’t budge on his wages, and when a loan was talked about didn’t they want us to contribute 75% of his wages. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

His wages would be very relevant if they are the reason we can’t shift him, he hinted or said he would like to go back to Porto, Porto said he wouldn’t budge on his wages, and when a loan was talked about didn’t they want us to contribute 75% of his wages. 

Do you have any sources/links to back any of that up as fact, or are you just going on paper talk?

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Do you have any sources/links to back any of that up as fact, or are you just going on paper talk?

I have read it on line and some had been posted on here, I thought must new about the the extensive negotiations with Porto, also just to throw more into the mix regarding his earnings at RM I’ve seen a couple or more reports saying he was one of their highest earners on 280k a week. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I have read it on line and some had been posted on here, I thought must new about the the extensive negotiations with Porto, also just to throw more into the mix regarding his earnings at RM I’ve seen a couple or more reports saying he was one of their highest earners on 280k a week. 

So that's a no then.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So that's a no then.

They are there if you care to look for them, but like you I don’t sit in the boardroom or negotiate on his behalf, so I can’t say that what I’ve read is true or not. But it doesn’t make sense to me if he was 90k a week that clubs wouldn’t take him on, but it does make sense that if he was on the reported figure 200-220k is the reason we’ve seen no movement. 

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They are there if you care to look for them, but like you I don’t sit in the boardroom or negotiate on his behalf, so I can’t say that what I’ve read is true or not. But it doesn’t make sense to me if he was 90k a week that clubs wouldn’t take him on, but it does make sense that if he was on the reported figure 200-220k is the reason we’ve seen no movement. 

No they're not there if you care to look, that's why there's reported figures of 70-220k. So, as I said, it's irrelevant because none of it is fact, just assumption/speculation. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No they're not there if you care to look, that's why there's reported figures of 70-220k. So, as I said, it's irrelevant because none of it is fact, just assumption/speculation. 

Which is pretty much what we all discuss on here anyway - the assumptions and speculation. The if's and the buts and the varying opinions. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, it would be boring if we all agree with each other. And sometimes its good just to have a  good wind up :)

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Which is pretty much what we all discuss on here anyway - the assumptions and speculation. The if's and the buts and the varying opinions. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, it would be boring if we all agree with each other. And sometimes its good just to have a  good wind up :)

I had started out taking the piss because every other post was adding 10k to his wage packet, and lo! We're passed that 250k I joked about. 

Yes we go on assumptions and speculation, but do not I accept that as an argument to deride a player. 1) we don't know the finances, 2) it has 0 impact on his ability or contribution to the team. It's a meaningless thing to discuss, much like transfer fees, in regards to the player.

With Delph obviously being the exception to this because he deserves it. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree that those figures are being banded about, my point being if his wage demands have had an influence on his move then they have been relevant. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree that those figures are being banded about, my point being if his wage demands have had an influence on his move then they have been relevant. 

You're earning £200k per week and scraping by, suddenly someone offers you £100k a week when you actually have a chance to get a bit of time on the pitch. You say "no way, how am I supposed to live on that?"

Nah.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

You're earning £200k per week and scraping by, suddenly someone offers you £100k a week when you actually have a chance to get a bit of time on the pitch. You say "no way, how am I supposed to live on that?"

Nah.

Depends what you are more interested in playing football or the money or even both, Tosun wanted his cake and to eat and he’s got to have a good few million. I’m not going to pretend I know what’s going through anyone’s head when it comes to money and what advice they get from there agents. 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

I had started out taking the piss because every other post was adding 10k to his wage packet, and lo! We're passed that 250k I joked about. 

Yes we go on assumptions and speculation, but do not I accept that as an argument to deride a player. 1) we don't know the finances, 2) it has 0 impact on his ability or contribution to the team. It's a meaningless thing to discuss, much like transfer fees, in regards to the player.

With Delph obviously being the exception to this because he deserves it. 

It does impact the club though, and what we do in the future.

His £300k-a-week wages are too much :) 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Mike could you post what I sent you yesterday please. 

Was just another unnamed journo picking a number out of his arse, or believing unquestioningly what he'd read elsewhere, so really adds nothing to the discussion in my book.

Could be 500 articles saying he earns £400k a week, doesn't mean they're accurate.