IGNORED

James Rodríguez

1 hour ago, patto said:

His talent is immense it’s just his application that’s lacking hopefully Rafa and the team can change that. 

That’s what I’m hoping.

Last season he carried us at times. And if honest… I would say there were a handful of players that were putting in less effort.

Thos season on a team that is going to work harder, with a manager demanding extra effort, I would hope he can add a little extra.

The term “dragged to the same level” could apply here.

One thing is, i will afford him the same respect and chance I give to any player in a blue shirt…. Regardless is wage, social standing ect ect!

We've opened Pandoras box if that sum of £250 a week is correct, any decent player we attempt to buy from now on will be looking for the same money.  He may be very talented football wise but if he wants to play regularly he will have to give more than the odd goal or a few good passes.

Other than that we give him away so he is no longer the yardstick for other players wages when they come here.

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

After what was quoted from them comments was actually listened to and with a bit of context people’s views changed. 

You can keep believing everything you read, but you only believe the bits you read that suit your own agenda. So there is no point in you even reading it. I’m pretty sure if James did anything or said anything that was actually worth getting mad about then us who have defended him will turn on him. But if he came out and said he wants to fight for his place and turned down moves away because of that, I doubt you would take the blinkers off. 

If he starts to play now, and does a good job for the team, I hope you give him the support he deserves, just like any other player. 

He did turn moves down but not before contractual talks were discussed and a deal couldn’t be agreed, you make it sound like he wanted to stay here that bad he dismissed any team that showed interest before any negotiations took place, that’s not the case yes he has come out with I want to stay and fight for my place, after deadline day he got very animated about that because of no other choice really but that’s my take on it. Read an article from Royal Blue today they posed a good question what’s he been doing since his isolation from Covid which was weeks ago, he’s not injured but he’s only recently come back to training recently after the window shut. Of course I would praise him if he played go back through historical posts and you will see that I have done so on numerous occasions, I can’t take the blinkers off if you are wearing them now can I mate. But I would dearly love him to be apart of the team but for that to happen he needs to change his attitude and game. 

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

We've opened Pandoras box if that sum of £250 a week is correct, any decent player we attempt to buy from now on will be looking for the same money.  

How so? The only people who know the  actual facts are James, his agent and our top people. Brands is hardly going to start negotiations by saying, "Well, as we paid Rodriguez £250k a week, what do think you're worth?" New additions will know as much as we do. 

Still amazes me how people think that they know what footballers are paid, nobody knows as it's highly confidential. The numbers banded around are best guesses, some of course will be nearer the mark than others but if you think there's a public spreadsheet where Everton break down what each player is paid then you're off your rocker.

Different sport, but Martin Brundle (F1) said that it always used to make him laugh how the media would be up in arms about how much his drivers were being paid, he said in all the reports he didn't find one that was anywhere near to what was actually going into their bank account - it's highly, highly confidential.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

How so? The only people who know the  actual facts are James, his agent and our top people. Brands is hardly going to start negotiations by saying, "Well, as we paid Rodriguez £250k a week, what do think you're worth?" New additions will know as much as we do. 

So do you think nobody else has read or even seen that article Mike. 😨

I can just see a conversation between two agents wanting their player to go to a club, the same club that one agents player has already signed for.  ...........  Hey Giorgio what wage did you manage to get for your player, I got £250 thousand a week off them Giorgio replied.    Oh OK I'll just go along and accept the  £75 thousand they offered my player.

Does anybody think that would happen or will the agent want the same money for his player. ?  😯

15 hours ago, StevO said:

Why is it clear he wanted to leave? And if so why did he turn down the offers he had over the summer?

How do you know he doesn’t care about the club? Based on one sentence when he asked who we were playing at the weekend in a conversation with a fan on Twitch?

Ridiculous assumptions. 

It’s an assumption but it’s not ridiculous. He came for Carlo. We know that. Carlo is gone. It’s not “ridiculous” to do the math there, as a start. Beyond that he got out of town last season before we were even done. He’s made several (not just one) comments that give an impression of a player who isn’t particularly interested in the club. Rafa’s recent comments on James aren’t difficult to interpret. It’s unlikely James will ever say “I don’t want to play for Everton. I want to play elsewhere” but the club and Rafa will know this. If you need it spelled out for you then I guess you’ll never be convinced until he’s out the door. Turning down a pay cut to play in Turkey isn’t exactly an indication of his commitment to our club. 

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Look one way or the other, someone will be proved right.

Either James will never play for us as he hasn’t the right attitude.

Or he will play as he is showing enough of the right attitude.

Time will tell soon enough.

Or option 3, he plays on occassion because his talent can help us in certain moments regardless of his attitude. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Still amazes me how people think that they know what footballers are paid, nobody knows as it's highly confidential. The numbers banded around are best guesses, some of course will be nearer the mark than others but if you think there's a public spreadsheet where Everton break down what each player is paid then you're off your rocker.

Different sport, but Martin Brundle (F1) said that it always used to make him laugh how the media would be up in arms about how much his drivers were being paid, he said in all the reports he didn't find one that was anywhere near to what was actually going into their bank account - it's highly, highly confidential.

I'm not getting you lot to speculate what my pension is worth.

36 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

It’s an assumption but it’s not ridiculous. He came for Carlo. We know that. Carlo is gone. It’s not “ridiculous” to do the math there, as a start. Beyond that he got out of town last season before we were even done. He’s made several (not just one) comments that give an impression of a player who isn’t particularly interested in the club. Rafa’s recent comments on James aren’t difficult to interpret. It’s unlikely James will ever say “I don’t want to play for Everton. I want to play elsewhere” but the club and Rafa will know this. If you need it spelled out for you then I guess you’ll never be convinced until he’s out the door. Turning down a pay cut to play in Turkey isn’t exactly an indication of his commitment to our club. 

First sentence; it’s an assumption. 

Which comments did he make that have an impression of a player who isn’t interested?

Rafas comments aren’t difficult to interpret. Again, not what he’s said, but how you interpret what he’s said.

All just your own thoughts and you’re giving the lad shit because of your own thoughts, not because of anything factual. 

I know we all have our own opinions on everything, but the vitriol toward a player because of nothing based on fact or for anything that happened on the pitch is just not fair. 

Edit; I also keep seeing his attitude brought up, but no one has said he’s got a bad attitude. Not even Rafa. 

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

I can just see a conversation between two agents wanting their player to go to a club, the same club that one agents player has already signed for.  ...........  Hey Giorgio what wage did you manage to get for your player, I got £250 thousand a week off them Giorgio replied.    Oh OK I'll just go along and accept the  £75 thousand they offered my player.

Does anybody think that would happen or will the agent want the same money for his player. ?  😯

That scenario relies on the £250k fiction being fact. And the player in question being James levels of skill/reputation, not happening. 

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

Depends.

If it’s for Bill that scored 9 goals in one game… then £250k is fair and the agent will ask for it.

But if it’s Palfy, who couldn’t score in the nags head on Friday night after two hours happy hour… then I doubt the agent would ask for £2.50 a week 😉

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

First sentence; it’s an assumption. 

Which comments did he make that have an impression of a player who isn’t interested?

Rafas comments aren’t difficult to interpret. Again, not what he’s said, but how you interpret what he’s said.

All just your own thoughts and you’re giving the lad shit because of your own thoughts, not because of anything factual. 

I know we all have our own opinions on everything, but the vitriol toward a player because of nothing based on fact or for anything that happened on the pitch is just not fair. 

Edit; I also keep seeing his attitude brought up, but no one has said he’s got a bad attitude. Not even Rafa. 

Of course it’s an assumption. Rarely in sports do we get an athlete or manager bluntly stating how they feel about things. This is a place for speculation. We don’t need Seamus to say “I love Everton and I’ll give everything for the shirt” to infer that he does and he will. We don’t need Moise Kean to say “I’m not happy, sell me” to know that’s it true. No, we cannot know 100% how James feels about the club but we can make a very good guess based on his words and actions. 

I don’t feel a need to repeat myself in here. His lack of connection to the club has been obvious.

Rafa said he needs to show his commitment and desire. It’s not a leap to believe this means he’s not currently showing either. Is it reasonable to believe that if a player of his talent was showing those characteristics Rafa would be looking for “certain games” he could fit him in and challenging him in that way? 

It’s not about vitriol. I don’t hate James or believe he’s a bad guy. I just think he’s been a global superstar and just spent 1 season on a 10th place Everton in front of no fans because of a manager who is no longer here. Unsurprising that he didn’t fall in love with us. 

To believe there is no fire despite all the smoke is, in my opinion, to be obtuse.

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

An attitude doesn’t have to be bad to be not what’s required maybe a better word to use would be his belief. Let’s be honest if he is desperate to play for Everton he will do in training what is asked of him and he will get his opportunities but under Rafa make no mistake it’s his way or the highway, and we’ve needed that in a manager for sometime regardless of what players it’s aimed at. I have said in the past Rafa isn’t an idiot he wouldn’t hold back the team because of any personal vendettas or historical disagreements, if you have ability and do what he asks of you and your the best option you play. 

27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Depends.

If it’s for Bill that scored 9 goals in one game… then £250k is fair and the agent will ask for it.

But if it’s Palfy, who couldn’t score in the nags head on Friday night after two hours happy hour… then I doubt the agent would ask for £2.50 a week 😉

I’ll have you know I was on £35.00 a game 40 years ago, taking into account for inflation that would be some where in the region £105.00 a game in today’s money, with FFP rules in place not even Everton could afford me at this moment in time 😉

56 minutes ago, MikeO said:

That scenario relies on the £250k fiction being fact. And the player in question being James levels of skill/reputation, not happening. 

It is fact Mike, an agent has just told the other agent what wage he got for his player, and he wants the same for his player.  Ignore who the players are it's a scenario that's played out all over the World. 

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

It is fact Mike, an agent has just told the other agent what wage he got for his player, and he wants the same for his player.  Ignore who the players are it's a scenario that's played out all over the World. 

It might be a fact that agents talk to each other but that doesn't make the £250k number a fact does it? And even if it was are you suggesting that if we try to sign Nobby Higginbotham from Accrington Stanley his agent is going to be asking for comparable money? Ridiculous to say it doesn't matter who the players are.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Most of what I'm reading in this thread is nonsense, to be honest. What matters is that we have a world-class player in our squad, and any manager unwilling to include him in his plans is an idiot.

I don’t personally think James is world class at this point. He’s super talented on the ball but he’s slow and he can’t be bothered to put a foot in. Is he walking into Liverpool or Man City or PSG etc..? If not then he’s not world class.

It’s nonsense to believe Rafa wouldn’t play the team he thinks is best capable of getting the points. If James isn’t out there it’s because he doesn’t think he gives us the best chance. Whatever anyone thinks of our manager he’s not an idiot. 

14 hours ago, Bill said:

Facts come with evidence, Bill. So far there's media and social bloggers being mentioned. That's not fact. 

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

And even if it was are you suggesting that if we try to sign Nobby Higginbotham from Accrington Stanley his agent is going to be asking for comparable money? Ridiculous to say it doesn't matter who the players are.

Cheers Mike , that’s blown my cover.
regards

Nobby