IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Sunday March 1

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Referee is a disgrace at the end. Won't make eye contact with Ancelotti and then once he finally engages just sends him off. Arrogant tosspot. 

A better man at least explains his decision. Fucking joke that we've not addressed the state if officiating in this county. 

This is what’s annoyed me. The fact the refs feel they don’t owe an explanation for decisions. The fact our manager has had to go on and seek an explanation is a joke. Let alone the 10’s of thousands that pay to attend the games and also the millions that watch on TV. 

DRS in cricket takes too long for football but atleast you are walked through the decision making process and even IF the decision ends up ( rarely does ) viewers have atleast got knowledge of the process taken to get to the decision.

13 hours ago, badaids said:

My rule of thumb for borderline decisions is to consider how I’d feel if the decision had been given against us. 

I’d have been fucking mad if that goal had been scored against us and been allowed to stand.

If it were the other way round I’d of had no complaints about a conceding a penalty though .......🤷‍♂️
I also think the goal should have stood and if we were on the receiving end I’d of been annoyed as it’s down to interpretation and we seem to always be on the wrong end!

Decision aside that was one of the best "half" performances of the season. We took Utd on and outplayed them.

It was good to see some of the quieter players stand up too. Baines was brilliant, Davies imposed himself on the game, Bernard again came on and hauled us up the pitch and that even helped Sidibe focus on getting forward instead of going backwards. DCL even showed the confidence to take players on rather than just knock and run and Keane was probably the best defender on the pitch. 

It was easily the most encouraging performance I have seen from us under Ancellotti.

Bloody hell even Lawrenson thinks we were hard done by, I may faint!

"I thought Ancelotti's side were very unlucky not to beat Manchester United last weekend - I know Gylfi Sigurdsson was lying close to United keeper David de Gea but he was not obstructing his view - so I can see why the Toffees boss was unhappy with that decision."

Still goes on to predict a defeat at Chelsea, but even that comes with a bit of intimated praise..

"I am going with Chelsea here. Most of their problems at home this season have come against lesser teams and I think they will be fully focused this time."