IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I was quite open to us signing him provided the wages were not daft but if itโ€™s true he is even entertaining offers from the MLS you have to question his desire and ambition so alarm bells now well and truly ringing

Would've thought him not being that good would be alarm bell worthy :P

ย 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

He can't release the ball, so I don't agree with that at all.ย 

Whether you agree or not the stats show he ranks favourably against everyone bar Dele Alliย 

ย 

In the prem

Lingard 165 apps 29 g 14 assists

ย Gray 167 app 15 g 13 assists

Townsend 264 ap 25 g 28 assists

Gomes 88 apps 1g 4 assists

Doucoure 188apps 21 g 18 assists

Gordon 49 apps 4 g 3 assists

Allan 52 apps 0 g 2 assists

Dele 192 apps 51 g 34 assists

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Whether you agree or not the stats show he ranks favourably against everyone bar Dele Alliย 

ย 

In the prem

Fair enough. He just always seems to go on impressive runs then collide with someone or trip over himself. But stats look much better than I've seen him play.ย 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

ย 

In the prem

better then to try and get Alli playing rather and bring in Lingard for massive wages - can't have any sort of new wage structure and be paying Lingard more than his worth. My view is any player who come in need to earn big wage contracts, not be simply given them.ย ย 

I really donโ€™t mind this one. Heโ€™ll score and create goals. We need that.ย 
Id rather he didnโ€™t have big wages, but if he takes 120k per week, for a free transfer I donโ€™t mind.ย 
ย 

I donโ€™t think weโ€™ll get him anyway.ย 

1 hour ago, patto said:

I just wonder do we still have scouts if we do they are not performing very well it seems everyone is after the same players. I think we just leave it to agents.ย 

Maybe all the scouts rate the same players? Why would that mean they arenโ€™t performing well?

Expecting the scouts to unearth gems are we? Doesnโ€™t happen that often anyway.ย 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Maybe all the scouts rate the same players? Why would that mean they arenโ€™t performing well?

Expecting the scouts to unearth gems are we? Doesnโ€™t happen that often anyway.ย 

Why not thatโ€™s what they are employed to do.ย 
i think Moyes was the last manager to bring players in that where not really known.ย 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Why not thatโ€™s what they are employed to do.ย 
i think Moyes was the last manager to bring players in that where not really known.ย 

There will only be so many unearthed players, and now in the world of social media and 24/7 football news, the hype around players happens early.ย 
Even some of Moyes best unknown players were still relatively successful. Arteta had been at Rangers and Sociedad, Pienaar at Ajax. Even Cahill had been on a brilliant cup run with Millwall. If Fellaini was playing for Liege now we would know about him. Baines and Jagielka were known too. Coleman was a great example.ย 
He also had a settled staff around him for a long time. The mess weโ€™ve had since and the constant hiring and firing right through the club will slow this kind of thing down.ย 
ย 

What weโ€™re seeing now is a limited budget being used with as little risk as possible. If we brought in Tarkowski, Lingard and Barkley on a free it wouldnโ€™t surprise me at all. We canโ€™t really afford many risks right now. Another Gbamin or Kean would be an absolute nightmare for us.ย 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Bill said:

Apparently ยฃ200k for 12 months, yeah I think money would have been the main factor for that move.

ย 

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Iโ€™m not, Forest offered him more money and thatโ€™s all he cares about. And heโ€™ll get another nice signing fee when he moves for free again next summer.ย 

Wow I didnt realise he was getting that!ย 

Now it all makes sense.

ย 

• 1 year later...