IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

3 hours ago, Fosse Captain said:

Not sure it’s the type of player we need. I know he’s ‘free’ so probably one of the reasons he’s linked. 

Prefer to see Alli in the team

Exactly this. Ali is a much better player if we can get him on form. While Jesse can be a useful player when he is on top form, Ali is a useful player on average form.

Dele, Lingard and Iwobi are 3 players that could work as a very creative trio behind the main striker - the understanding/flair/interchange would be incredible. It wouldn’t be a starting 3 very often but for those games away to the Watford’s, Burnley’s and Norwich’s (yes I know all 3 went down) - shite teams who we took 1 point off on the road - who historically, we just don’t break down as we don’t have that creativity to get in the right spaces do something different. Richarlison, Gray and Gordon are all very direct and that’s great but they don’t have the guile of the aforementioned players. Lingard would offer a very different option - the kind of player we need in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Think this might be just lazy journalism, I'm sure I read only a few days ago that he was close to rejoining West Ham.

Wouldn't be too excited over this anyway, 29 and other than one good six months in London, has been very forgettable.

On 04/06/2022 at 12:52, StevO said:

The Man Utd Lingard? Nope. 
The West Ham Lingard? Yes please. 

Rather just play Ali though. 

If we didn't have Ali on the books then maybe yes. But like you say - better off playing Ali and hoping his form picks up. If we are looking for s 29/30 free agent - then go all out for Eriksen, as he is a better proposition in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

He’s a match winner but can’t be doing with his antics that remind me of naughty kids in school. Tic Tok dancing and all that nonsense 

You really don't like the players having a social life do you? :lol:

Would be a great player if he knew when to pass. But he doesn't, so he isn't and don't see what he brings into our already average squad that improves it. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Would be a great player if he knew when to pass. But he doesn't, so he isn't and don't see what he brings into our already average squad that improves it. 

Doing Tik Tok dances with pogba in the changing room the day after a defeat doesn’t sit right with grumpy old me no. 

This is the kind of signing that has put us in the situation we are in. 

Approaching 30 after a comfortable existence at a bigger club. Massive wages. And huge question marks about ability / desire / attitude. 
The Everton retirement home still open. Come and get your last big contract here. 

Would never have got England caps if didn’t play for Man Utd 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

We’ve got enough of those already, primarily Gordon and Gray,  if they could pass and cross better DCL would have a field day, and that’s what we need to see this season.

I'd go 2 years with an option in 3rd if we were signing him to avoid being stuck with him for 3 if he's not doing the business. 

Not completely against him but it's not the direction I want us to be going in general.  Rather see younger players coming in.

If we Don't pay out too much on wages he does give us a proven Premier League option who knows where the net is.

On 01/07/2022 at 21:27, London Blue said:

We are skint.

He is a better option than Townsend.

Played well for West Ham, would probably play well for us.

He is on a free and will be on less wages than Richy was.

As long as its a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd.

He wants 150k a week 

It's ok saying he's free but guessing the signing on fee will be huge so its not very free, only good thing is it won't eat into our ffp wiggle doom as a free transfer. We do need a squad and assists/goals. Offer him an incentive based contract with two years and a option on a third if he hits targets.

29 minutes ago, Billwelshblue said:

It's ok saying he's free but guessing the signing on fee will be huge so its not very free, only good thing is it won't eat into our ffp wiggle doom as a free transfer. We do need a squad and assists/goals. Offer him an incentive based contract with two years and a option on a third if he hits targets.

His signing on fee would still eat into our funds, you don’t get a pass because there isn’t a transfer fee. It’s about money spent, and we would still be spending. Just not as much as if we bought another player for say £25m. 

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

His signing on fee would still eat into our funds, you don’t get a pass because there isn’t a transfer fee. It’s about money spent, and we would still be spending. Just not as much as if we bought another player for say £25m. 

That's my problem with it then would prefer we identify younger talent that can grow and eventually sell and won't be short term fix we could be lumbered we have made that mistake far too often