IGNORED

Fulham (Home) Sunday 14 February

markjazzbassist

23 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I am as pissed off as anybody about the result, but have to put it in perspective. Bar Man City, pretty much every single teams results are topsy turvy this season, and I think much of it is down to which team is the tiredest on the day, how tough where you last couple of games? Who got the extra day or two's rest? The Spurs game was probabley as energy samping game as has been player this season. 

We looked goosed as a team and  just couldnt get going, pushed off the ball, slack passing. I don't buy it that the players aren't bother or have no desire, I have seen plenty of heart from this team, so I know it there. 

No excuses, they are full-time professional sportsmen.  I once played a (semi-pro) Yorkshire League game on Saturday. A Leeds Sunday League game on Sunday morning and a West Riding County trial game on Sunday afternoon and put more effort in on Sunday afternoon than several of our lot and I wasn't getting paid!

27 minutes ago, johnh said:

No excuses, they are full-time professional sportsmen.  I once played a (semi-pro) Yorkshire League game on Saturday. A Leeds Sunday League game on Sunday morning and a West Riding County trial game on Sunday afternoon and put more effort in on Sunday afternoon than several of our lot and I wasn't getting paid!

Well done, 👏👏👏. No doubt you just got stronger and quick as the weekend progressed. Those games played at a similar tempo as a classic 5th Rd FA cup tie between Premier league teams where they? 

Do you really think Doucourue turning from a 'Beast' or 'not human' to a 'lazy cu*t' in four days period has nothing to do with the monumental shift he put in during the Spurs game (how soon we forget).  He prime role is putting the energy in midfield and that was very much lacking against Fulham.  Read the comments in the Spurs MotM post about him. 

Why do you think he put in such a below par performance last night? - do you really think it was because he just couldn't be arse yesterday? and thus similar for the rest of the team. 

Fair do's Fulham took full advantage of a tired team, with near constant pressing. I am sure Scott Parker was grinning from ear to ear when he saw Wednesday's nights game go to extra time - and why wouldn't take full advantage.

Every game has to be looked at in perspective. 

13 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Well done, 👏👏👏. No doubt you just got stronger and quick as the weekend progressed. Those games played at a similar tempo as a classic 5th Rd FA cup tie between Premier league teams where they? 

Do you really think Doucourue turning from a 'Beast' or 'not human' to a 'lazy cu*t' in four days period has nothing to do with the monumental shift he put in during the Spurs game (how soon we forget).  He prime role is putting the energy in midfield and that was very much lacking against Fulham.  Read the comments in the Spurs MotM post about him. 

Why do you think he put in such a below par performance last night? - do you really think it was because he just couldn't be arse yesterday? and thus similar for the rest of the team. 

Fair do's Fulham took full advantage of a tired team, with near constant pressing. I am sure Scott Parker was grinning from ear to ear when he saw Wednesday's nights game go to extra time - and why wouldn't take full advantage.

Every game has to be looked at in perspective. 

Don't accept your excuses for a diabolical performance.  Four days for highly trained athletes is plenty of time to recover. (They did, after all, only play an extra 30 minutes).  It was too many players not being arsed.

People that compare professional football to playing in the park are bringing up one of the most deluded and laughable arguments I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I've seen it mentioned a few times on this very forum.

It's nearly as bad as people who believe that "they could do what Guardiola did with that Barcelona team" despite working in an office/factory and never setting foot in football as an occupation.

8 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

People that compare professional football to playing in the park are bringing up one of the most deluded and laughable arguments I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I've seen it mentioned a few times on this very forum.

It's nearly as bad as people who believe that "they could do what Guardiola did with that Barcelona team" despite working in an office/factory and never setting foot in football as an occupation.

So you don't think that anyone who has watched football all his life is capable of seeing when a player/s are playing crap and not putting a shift in.  You appear to think that they are playing brilliant all the time even when they lose, at home, to a team who are likely to be relegated.  That's delusional.

58 minutes ago, johnh said:

So you don't think that anyone who has watched football all his life is capable of seeing when a player/s are playing crap and not putting a shift in.  You appear to think that they are playing brilliant all the time even when they lose, at home, to a team who are likely to be relegated.  That's delusional.

I've never once stated that they play brilliant all the time - simply that comparing professional athletes in the Premier League to a West Riding Country trial match is (in the nicest way possible) laughable.

Please read my posts going forward, rather than jumping it conclusions and/or missing the point.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

so if not some tiredness in some legs, what reason would the players have for not putting a shift in?

I don't think anybody has said players play brilliantly all the time. 

I actually said the performance was THAT bad, that something was obviously a miss and the fact the played an epic game 4 days earlier is kind of stares me in the face.  

I  feel sorry for the players a bit - they putting in an unbelievable effort in against Spurs, but then suffer for it in a game 4days later - and then having fans  jump straight on them saying that they can't be arse to put a shift etc. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think fatigue will have been a factor, both physical and mental, but one of the worst performers was Holgate who would have been fresh for the game so it clearly isn't the only reason for it.

What excuse would you give for James who literally threw the towel in.