IGNORED

Fulham (Home) Sunday 14 February

markjazzbassist

How anyone can blame an individual beggars belief, all 13 were diabolical, Newcastle all over.

First shot on target 75 mins, this goes back to Carlo to sort out, its not the first this season its the norm against bottom sides, Fulham's first ever win here, and people keep talking top 4, top 8 if we are lucky.

This performance is no ones fault, its every ones fault.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Who is ready for cliche bingo?  We need to look at ourselves and bounce back.... Blah blah fucking blah

Form is temporary, class is permanent...

starting to think the few wins against the big boys was the form and this is the class

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Strange no one mentioned Gomes' passing. If Davies done then under hit passes he'd be lynched. 

For 70 minutes we didn't get the ball forward at all and that was all thanks to Gomes and Sigurdsson, and Ancelotti for leaving them on.

I said many times Gomes off. 
also he was as bad as Holgate.

lucky to be on pitch!!

slagged him off like I would Davies 

I am as pissed off as anybody about the result, but have to put it in perspective. Bar Man City, pretty much every single teams results are topsy turvy this season, and I think much of it is down to which team is the tiredest on the day, how tough where you last couple of games? Who got the extra day or two's rest? The Spurs game was probabley as energy samping game as has been player this season. 

We looked goosed as a team and  just couldnt get going, pushed off the ball, slack passing. I don't buy it that the players aren't bother or have no desire, I have seen plenty of heart from this team, so I know it there. 

Anyone still think Richarlison can lead the front line? Failed to even jump for any balls played up to him in the air, that aside we were piss poor from front to back apart from Coleman and Davies, can’t understand why they were pulled over others. If only we had Siggurdson, Gomes, and Holgate on the pitch we would have been a shoo in to win.....

Just now, Palfy said:

Well that was informative from Carlo I think he’s more shocked than us at what he’s witnessed. 

Against Newcastle he happily pulled them up on being 'lazy'. Tonight I think he also knew they just didn't have it in there legs, and Fulham did. We played 120mins in 9 goal thriller in mid week, Fulham had since last saturday to prepare for today. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Against Newcastle he happily pulled them up on being 'lazy'. Tonight I think he also knew they just didn't have it in there legs, and Fulham did. We played 120mins in 9 goal thriller in mid week, Fulham had since last saturday to prepare for today. 

Gomes excuse? 
James?

Not a single player played well, not one. There isn't a positive to take from that game for any of them. Some were worse than others but they were all fucking awful. Carlo was shite as well. 

Usually I'd go to individual threads and lay into the shite ones but I'd be there all fucking night, and honestly? I can't be fucking arsed putting the effort into it when not one of those shithouses put effort into a game of football.

Fuck off.

2 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Gomes excuse? 
James?

I don't think it quite works like that. If some of the cogs in the machine don't work as required, then the machine simply doesn't work. We just couldn't get James and Richarlison in to the game. DCL was also a massive out for us in a game like this, as we where limited in our ability to go route one. 

Have the players just gone shit and lacking in desire overnight? or might the fact that most of the players played in arguably the toughest game of the season a few days ago while Fulham rested and prepared for this game over 8days going to have had some bearing on how tonight's game went.

If Fulham had played mid week, and the game panned out the same - I would be asking myself how are Fulham working so hard tonight and we are unable to match them.

Who was mentally exhausted just watching the Spurs game the other night?. Not only was it 120mins, but it was also intense from the kick off right through to the final whistle - with no let up at any time. The Spurs game was not your normal game. 

I’m not disappointed that we lost by 2 to Fulham I new it wouldn’t be an easy game, they have been a very good team for weeks now creating loads of opportunities in most games they play,  what they have lacked in all these games is a goal scorer they found one tonight. 
I’m more disappointed in the way we lost zero effort and zero ability from the players and the management. 

There we go, a typical Everton showing.  Fulham have never won here and are in the relegation zone, we have the opportunity to go 4th and still have games in hand. So we do what we always seem to do and decide to play like a pub team against them, nosebleeds come in again at thought of going too high in the league.

I also  blame the Manager cos I always stress to play the best eleven for every game, he didn't and what you end up with is fookin rubbish.

I was probably fortunate enough not to see all of the game but what I did see was enough. 

My first frustration is with Carlo. We played with no width whatsoever. We made it so easy for Fulham to defend against us because they just swamped the middle of the pitch and any pass that wasn't inch perfect would get picked off. There were times when the midfielders were on the ball and they had no options, just the front 3 all marked/blocked and the other midfielders not yet in a position to get the ball in space and yet there was acres of space on the flanks. 

I don't understand how the players are expected to dominate possession and hold the ball in then final third and create chances when you can throw a beach towel over them all. I can understand us playing games where we put pressure on the opposition and they sit in and we struggle to find the chance to win the game but we get outplayed. I saw someone compare the Utd draw with WBA but what I saw of that game was Utd playing deep in the WBA half and not putting that final move together. We haven't done that all season. 

There are also a lot of comments about how far Holgate has fallen. There is no doubt he can play better than he is but even in his good form last season, he was making rookie mistakes and not being punished for them. I came on here and wrote about them in most games. He is better than he showed today but he isnt a good defender at this level. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, he makes rash decisions and he is physically below average. Despite Rio saying his passing is world class or whatever he said, it is actually very erratic too. He needs someone to keep him in check and playing with Godfrey is a poor decision IMO. 

My last comment on this goes to James. Not for the first time, I thought we played better when he wasn't on the pitch. He gets free reign in this side and he does take the piss. He can get away with not giving his all regularly (somewhat) when he provides moments of magic but there are increasingly more moments of him throwing in the towel. He didn't want to be out there today. He wasn't injured at the end, he just had enough. He was taking cheap shots when he was getting tackled like a bitch too. It won't be long until he will start rubbing up certain players the wrong way, if he isn't already. 

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

All of the omens are pointing towards us doing an Everton today 🥴

The woman on 5 live was spouting all that, we never stood a chance. 

sounds like I had a happier time in Gatwick’s passport control and the motorways :(